View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 10:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Right...please read 
Group 1 winner

How about we put our differences behind us for one last NHC blast. A Cheltenham festival in honour of Paul Moores. I will even write a one off newsletter covering the meeting.
Any takers.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:50 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm keen to do this. I'll get Dodgy/Colm to push the weeks forward and open up the noms from next weekend (if technically this can be done in this time frame), give the new race secs some practice too.

Not sure whether there will be any new uploads allowed, I'd prefer not to see a maiden win the Gold Cup but I'll sleep on that.

Paul, understand completely your decision, I hope you can still give us some of your time and drop in occasionally to touch base. All the best.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:38 pm
Handicapper

Scrapped every horse I had, bit of a shame. I will wait till a new season starts and hopefully I might have a few horses. I have to say organisation is pretty pathetic. Enjoyed the first half of the season then it got pretty stupid. ( Are we not all adults on here)???. Lets get a grip and make it fun and entertaining. Isn't that what its all about. If I can be of any help in the running of a successful league then you only have to ask but if its going to be the shambles and backstabbing occasion that its been for the last 6 weeks then I might just find something else to do, shame though. Why can't everyone just give it up as a bad job and atart as we mean to go on. We could have loads of fun if we just treat it as it is " A Game".

Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:06 pm
Handicapper

Whoever is in charge now, god only knows, can you scrap all my horses and if we ever started again, and I hope so, I will upload some more. Thanks!!

Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:10 pm
Group 3 winner

Paul your a great guy you will be much missed here thanks for all you have done for sopl over the years, enjoy your time with your family

Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:19 pm
Group 1 winner

I think it would be a great idea and a great tribute for all the help ,advice and hard work Paul put in:-

THE PAUL MOORES CHAMPION FESTIVAL :lol:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:48 pm
Group 1 winner

yesterday i asked rich if it would be possible to run the festival and the grand national and rich seems happy to make it happen.

im glad to see everyone is happy to do this and will take part and enjoy it , and as mike said it would be a great idea to tribute the week to paul, the legend of the nhc.

so rich , make it happen : The Paul Moores Cheltenham Festival 2010, it will be epic. Get thinking bout your noms everyone.

Myself, Pete , and Conor will give you some awesome comms, it would be great steve if you did do the newsletter for it as well.

looking forward to it!!!

Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:59 pm
Selling plater

Indeed, the commentaries will be fantastic :P

Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:34 pm
Group 1 winner

no rich dont allow uploads - an upload week was just before where the league was at before suspending, and one was not due again before the festival. So all trainers in nhc have their cheltenham squad in their stable already!!

It would be great to open the noms up by friday and close them sunday night. then we can have the races released for friday next week at 5 ?? would this be possible , and also rich would it be possible to add the grand national on to the festival week schedule??

Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:44 pm
Group 1 winner

I'll chat about the GN, might be too much of a technical effort to get it done on the same week bud.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:39 pm
Group 1 winner

ahhh right i get ya. cheers mate, see if its possible coz it would be great to be able to run that race also! maybe it would be possible to add it to the schedule the way paul used to add the moores millions races????

also rich i wanted to ask - with the upload window being one week before league was stopped, some trainers (im def one!!) will have horses who they aimed to get a handicap mark for before the festival as was another 2 weeks. so would it be possible to maybe see what everyone thinks and possibly drop the handicaps for the races maybe?? like i have a horse i was going to run in week 10 who would of been aiming for something like the william hill trophy but now wont be able too because cant get it a handicap mark.

as im typing im realising this will probably cause too many problems

Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:45 pm
Group 1 winner

forget my last post lol, didnt think it through properly.

just let me know bout the GN Rich coz us comms are planning a special comm for it if it goes ahead. and thanks again for sorting the festival week out for us!!

hope paul can enter a couple of the races and fittingly win one

Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:52 pm
Group 3 winner

don't know what to say....except thnx everyone

this has crushed the wife..in tears now

im very touched by all the gr8 sentiment of you all

i will enter a few hopefully one might do something special

i was thinking on the Moores Million Races could we make it happen for the first week of the new season and just have it for maidens at starting
make it a 4m event.. i will put up the prize money for it
might enter if im still around then...

i will enter Intoxicated in the Gold Cup might get into the first 4
can i also sponsor that...plz
payable down to 10th place?? also if somehow the GN happens that week i'd like to sponsor that race too down to 10th place

shows how much a good bunch of guys we have still involved in SOPL when something like this special event happens and especially the NHC...gr8 guys all

want to thank everyone involved in this tribute even tho' i don't deserve it
always thought of myself as just one of the guys who was able to help a little..also i much love sponsoring races
as it gives me pleasure to do it

regards

Paul & Sherry

Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:37 pm
Group 1 winner

of course you deserve it pal, and i hope you win the gold cup (i wont have an entry haha!!). Should be a good festival, im sure there will be a lot of entries.

really looking forward to it, hopefully rich can make it happen soon!!

Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:58 pm
Group 1 winner

Thanks for everythingyou have done with the league paul and good luck.....the paul moores cheltenham festival sounds fantastic and see it as a perfect way to end the season despite being in two minds as to whether it should end or not!!! One more question, I Have 70+ decent horses in breeding barn and 100+ exported. From what I gather I will have to scrap all of this when installing the new patch, or can keep my current game and whatever is in my breeding barn and scrap the exports, will the game also work again as I have a different schedule from one of the guys on here that I downloaded.....Have updated patches before and not had to reboot schedules etc so hoping won't have to with this one.....SO confused lol sticking to fifa ultimate team for the meanwhile!!!! Thanks

Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next