View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 New schedule possibilities for next season 
Group 1 winner

Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:41 am
Group 2 winner

I like the ideas proposed for the various leagues, especially the NHC stuff.

We adjusted the schedule slightly for the current schedule and I think it's definitely helped bring the NHC in the right direction and more changes are needed, to help it along and get to where alot would like to see it, especially the NH racing fans - "a standalone league".

Jackdaw mentioned changes to the schedule that we had talked about in the past, but for various reasons, we never got time or as good an opportunity to implement them. Let's make the most of the time we've got on our hands now.

One thing that I would like to add is to clearly define the Novice rules. At present I could have a 5yo chaser score in an open Group chase, the following week, there's no proper chase available, so I currently have the ability to enter it into a Novice chase, which I believe is wrong.

I don't fully know what the novice rules are, and what the exact criterea is, when a horse loses it's Novice tag. Can one of the real NH nuts explain them.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:41 pm
Handicapper

The rules concerning Novices are as follows

A novice chaser can be of any age from 4 years old upwards but once a novice has won it is required to graduate to senior or handicap chases the following season. However a winning novice can continue to run in novice chases in the season of its first win but is required to carry additional weight. A novice chaser is also permitted to run in handicap chases provided it has previously completed in 3 novice events to obtain a handicap rating.

A novice hurdler can be of any age (minimum three years old when it's also known as a juvenile hurdler) but having won must graduate to handicap hurdles in the following season. A hurdler that has never won a novice hurdle can also run in handicap hurdles having had a minimum of 3 completed races in novice or maiden events.

Hope this helps

Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:28 am
Group 1 winner

lets get it started, ive just trialled an absolute monster!!not even a group 1 winner in game , but wow wee hes quick in the ck

Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:23 pm
Group 2 winner

Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:46 am
Group 1 winner

I've just unearthed a bit of a peach too.

Just to keep you all updated, we're still waiting on the technical stuff to be sorted.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:26 pm
Group 1 winner

is that for the cheltenham festival u mean rich??

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:25 pm
Group 1 winner

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4