View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 New schedule possibilities for next season 
Group 1 winner

We most prob do need lower class hcaps but i do think lower grade trainers cannot enter their horses in group ones!..

I dont think they should not be allowed but the horses form is good enough they should be able to run. Only say this as even the lower trainers can get lucky a breed a Group horse and would be unfair not to let it run cus rest of stable is poor. The 3 race rule l think would help to judge if good enough or not plus the 3 race rule will distract people from going for a hcap plot 8)

Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:30 pm
Handicapper

Sorry westy i didn't explain correctly...

I agree with rich's rule 3 runs to gain a high rating.....a lower trainer can find one monster agreed...
20 runners based on highest 20 ratings....this will make top trainers run their best horses in correct races instead of fiddling hcaps like i used to do!...honesty gets you everywhere...lol

Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:38 pm
Group 1 winner

Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:45 pm
Handicapper

From reading rich's post he is talking about 3 race rule for hcaps..like in real world..As for group races it should be based on top 20 highest rated...
Obviously if your horse finishes 3rd in the dante you will have a high rating...The 3 race rule stops group one horses winning hcaps....which happened in the league...if i remember crazyboys horse won the lincoln by 5 lengths..
Then a group one next time out..

Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:53 pm
Group 3 winner

wearing my punters/owner cap here..big deep breath Paul

i agree with Mike that the gap between the top and bottom trainers
is huge and something has to be done to entice new owners not drive them away with 3 qualifying runs then only to be able to enter better class h'caps??? all well and good for trainers with good horses not so well for the lower/new trainers...which what drove someone like myself away from flat cos the same ppl win week in week out on the flat

bending the rules aint for everybody...
most of us race clean and how are we repaid making the UKRA more elitist then it already is???

and we are to expect the NHC to fit round the flat...why is this???
we are the most popular of the 3 leagues cos you dont need to be elitist to win a race..then there is the prizemoney the flat...the worlds your oyster and millionaires...the jumps well we will have some chicken feed here and there that should keep you going a wee while
in RL we have just gone through one of the most spectacular seasons in 40 years..certainly the jumps are far more popular than the Flat as the ppl in charge of the flat are trying to emulate the jumps to try and make the flat more popular...

i have it seems left while the going was good and would like to hear from the NHC ppl more to see why the jumps has to fit round the flat
The NHC could easily stand alone having nothing whatever to do with the flat as horses from the flat don't usually can transfer from the flat to jumps and vice versa...and while the flat was in chaos we at NHC were ready to race asap..that says it all really

i have strong feelings about NH racing even in a virtual game...
and feel the NHC could easily function without Flat racing entirely
maybe we should look at that as the NHC would still be running and almost over if it wasnt for things happening on the Flat

Paul

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:04 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: New schedule possibilities for next season
anubisrich wrote:
Group races: max 20, highest rated 20 compete, the rest compete in a Listed equivalent (i.e Epsom Derby G1 and Epsom Derby Listed)[/list]

Rich,

How would you do the ratings for these horses once the races are over?

If my horse won the epsom derby listed would i get a rating lower then that of the last place of the Epsom Derby G1? How would that rating match with a horse that has won a group 2 race the same week?

How would horse ratings be managed, sounds a hard job to me mate. Im not knocking this mate but if i didnt get into the Epsom Derby G1 because my horse was rated 21 of the entrants me missing out by one then id rather leave my horse for a Group 2 race, after all you can judge if your likely to make cuts for races by looking at what else has been entered in the races and if my horse performs well in that group 2 id probably be rated high enough to enter the next group 1 for sure if it meant i missed out on the G1 action for the sake of easier managment of rating horses then so be it!

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:07 pm
Group 1 winner

i like it paul, it is true what you say. i started as a trainer on the flat but when i started playing the nhc league i preferred it and i love it. so i think we shud make an amazing nhc schedule which can run at the same time as the flat season in concordance with option 1 rich outlined, but it will in no way be 'second best' , it will stand alone!!

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:14 pm
Group 1 winner

i have strong feelings about NH racing even in a virtual game...
and feel the NHC could easily function without Flat racing entirely
maybe we should look at that as the NHC would still be running and almost over if it wasnt for things happening on the Flat

Paul

Hi Paul,

Not being a NH participant i would have to say what you say makes sense there is no need for the leagues to be waiting for each other, NH seems to be able to run fine on its own all that needs to be done is no transfering from Flat to Jumps. Is TOM programmed so that the leagues weeks have to run side by side or can they be done so that NH could be on week 8 while flat is on week 6 and so on? If a league has a week delay it would not spoil the action for players of both leagues as they would have something to enter in and watch. Sounds a good idea to me!

Last edited by hackett on Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:17 pm
Handicapper

Laurel....No one is trying to make the flat more 'elitest'
The 3 race rule is something rich has proposed and i just agree with it.
The rule benefits smaller trainers not the top trainers...
But if your against it that's your right...

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:18 pm
Group 1 winner

Think the objection is more to do with the jumps having to wait for the flat and be run along side it, just let the NH stand alone sounds good!

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:21 pm
Handicapper

I echo your sentiments exactly Paul and Hurricane, the NHC will stand on its own as it grows in popularity i think for reasons Paul outlined in his excellent post.

Im up for helping to design a new schedule when we all settle on what races we want to include.

My idea for a schedule would be

NHF races for 3yo only

NOV Hurdles for 4yo only

NOV Chases for 5yo only

All other races aged as appropriate maybe 5yo+, i think with this method you get the same horses competing with each other all season in there respective divisions.

More lower rated handicaps, with just the showcase meeting on a Saturday like in Real NH racing, of course with the exception of the Big NH festivals.

Moores millions expanded and run throughout the season with qualifiers and then a final in the last week.

If i think of anymore i'll add them to this post, NH fans please feel free to expand my list.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:27 pm
Group 1 winner

i think Paul was saying it was being more Elitest as Rich has said he wanted rid of the lower hcaps which l agree with is wrong. By not having lower races and just group listed this will send newbies away. If we are to reflect real life then the Newmarket meeting today had 3 hcaps, Catterick had 5 and Lingfield had 2 with 3 nurseries. By just having the big races to me would defo push members away and indeed make this league Elitest

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:33 pm
Handicapper

What makes a few of you feel the NH didn't need to be stopped?
Do you think there are no hex editing/interbreeding/duplicating etc in the NH?
Or are you just not bothered?

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:45 pm
Group 1 winner

To be honest im not bothered now because the security measures implemented now mean that when we start again there wont be any worrys with that aspect of the league, Im sure there was tampering going on in all leagues but all i want to see now is the best way to go forward, if that means NH is ready faster then let them start why wait for the flat to be sorted out?

Last edited by hackett on Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:57 pm
Group 1 winner

no colin mate, we were saying when the league was due to resume the nhc was ready and fully staffed. i for one dont know who is doing what

i want to see the two leagues at the same time, int erms of when they start and are run anyway. i would prefer this to a nhc season and then a uk season after. i would prefer the two to run alongside each other. what i do believe is that in terms of scheduling and handicapping etc the majority of the work lies with the uk.

the nhc just needs a tweaking to the schedule to make it bigger and better and then we will be ready to go.

as i have lots of horses on the flat i will say that i like the 3 race handicap rule but i would be put off if their was a lack of lower handicaps, retstricted races, and maidens!!!

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next