View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 6:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 New schedule possibilities for next season 
Handicapper

Hackett your spot on..and ryan your point regarding more lower hcap races etc is also spot on....

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:05 pm
Group 1 winner

Having enough races to suit all seems to be the hardest thing to overcome, when its sorted regarding how many upload windows there are a season you will know where to have the bulk of the maidens but as for how many handicaps group races and listed etc i would not even no where to start, suppose it depends on how many trainers enter and max uploads a stable can have.

Last edited by hackett on Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:08 pm
Group 3 winner

ESA...lets have it right the Flat is elitist..always has been always will be

why make everyone at the bottom jump through hoops to qualify for the top races ..while the top guys get a free rein

if we are going to introduce this rule probably both codes then it has to be everyone involved not just the also rans....most ppl on the flat were also-rans at one time ..its where you begin at am i right?

if it involves everyone then im for it but if its just a ruse to keep spaces in races for the top trainers then im against it

im all for improvements in H'capping but only if it involves everyone..?
not just to keep the riff-raff out of the precious races like in RL

i dont see why the NHC cant be run independantly of the Flat...makes perfect sense to me and others like minded see it too
as long as the rules are followed and i'd make it that horses from the flat cannot run over Jumps i.e. jump-bred horses only
in fact i would go to say that we should have our own TOM so we can race on even if the flat is offline..rarely if there has been a problem with the jumps i.e. the Flat has to stop because of us..funny how its always problems with the Flat that stops us from racing?? why is that???

trouble with the flat is there is too much money involved in PM winning millions at a time makes bending the rules more attractive..unlike majority of NHC yards we struggle from season to season and if it wasnt for ppl like myself and Jay helping ppl along with intrest free loans and grants and the occasional sponsored race...last season alone i spent 100 million in sponsoring banded races all season long.. something that is easily forgotten by some...we would have a lot of bankrupt trainers

why do we need this huge Prizemoney for on the Flat ?
not as if we can spend it anywhere...i spend my millions helping my fellow trainers who need my help...i don't mind as i get a buzz from it

i am not trying to cause trouble here but im just sick of the Flat being the all that ends all when it is obviously not the case

Paul

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:10 pm
Group 1 winner

paul i dont have much money. altho when i get my crazyboy bet winnings i may be better off.

i think the nhc could run alone, but i would like to see them both go at the same time as i train horses for both. although if jumps horses had to be jumps bred id be done for coz my horses are flat trained, i just trial over jumps to realise jump potential.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm
Group 1 winner

Yes l agree the 3 run rule has got to be for ALL. If your top trainer that does not give you automatic entry your horse same as lower trainer goes on rating

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:17 pm
Group 1 winner

Paul if i go bankrupt does that mean i would not be able to play in the league anymore? Or would i get a virtual loan from who ever controls TOM to keep me playing? Didnt really ever worry about my finances when playing but if you have to survive on that 1 million you get at the start i better start paying more attention next time.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:18 pm
Handicapper

Paul....Don't shoot the messenger please!

They are not my idea's they are rich's, and yes i did start at the bottom.
But if i remember i wasn't entering group one races i was trying to win a banded.If you believe the flat is 'elitest' thats upto you-I disagree with your point -
If you want more prize money etc for the NH then ask rich...
THe biggest problem in the NH wasn't the prize money it was hex editing!
But lets not go there.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:27 pm
Group 1 winner

The league has to have lower handicaps for the newbies and casual trainer, if newbies dont get the chance to win a race there is just nothing to keep them interested, if you are not one of the big trainers you got to be able to give others some sort of competitiveness even if its at the lowest grade a wins a win no matter what grade, after winning a few lower grades races may be the incentive to put more time in and challenge higher the season after! Only worry again is that top trainers worse horses will then dominate the bottom of the handicaps to.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:28 pm
Group 3 winner

ESA...sorry m8 no shot at you was intended...lol

and i hope we dont go the flat way....hex and all
tho' i'd love to see proof of this just for the reading
and not anything to do with sanctioning?
tho' i am surprised at seeing it mentioned

i just want to see everything above board as we are able to do so
and not to see it under the carpet....

Pete...maybe you could look at running a just NH game alongside your Flat one..might find better horses in time with breeding

im glad i have opened a few pointers for discussion !

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:46 pm
Group 3 winner

Pete if you ever get short of money..or anyone for that matter

plz contact your President or spokesperson who will then get in touch with me and i will provide funds for anyone to keep going...

this will prob be a grant initially and an intrest-free loan if more funds are needed

Paul

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:53 pm
Group 1 winner

First thing I absolutely want to stress in no uncertain terms.

The NHC is not "fitting in" alongside the flat. It doesn't have to slot in and follow the same rules as the flat. In no way at all is everything about the flat and nothing I've said should give you that idea. The only reason it has to run alongside the flat is purely and simply technical reasons with TOM. I'm sure the NHC could have continued by itself but as we know that's not why we stopped things. This thread is for ideas about UKRA, there is another thread for NHC on ORL World, please use that for improvements you can think of to NHC

Second thing I want to stress in no uncertain terms, the decision on removing handicaps has not been taken. However I shall ask, if the current system of handicaps still results in the best trainers winning, surely a change is needed?

I've had a look at people like myself who won 2 races in UKRA last season

paultweddle Listed & 0-80 Handicap
Moi 2x G3s
Jason 2x maidens
Kevcon 2x 0-80 handicaps
Hackett 2x maidens
ste1975 1x 0-80 handicap, 1x 0-90 handicap

So maybe there is an argument to keep the lower handicaps? However many of those handicap wins were after a bad initial outing (worked up, race wide, blocked in) giving a false handicap rating, does that mean someone else has been done out of a deserved victory? It's not elitest to get rid of lower handicaps.

I also don't agree that it should be easy for people to win a league race. I remember my first season, Tenaja Trail, I thought was the best thing ever, uploaded to the league thinking "haha going to wipe the floor with these muppets" and it came 15th or something. I was like "WHOA, competition! I like it" Because lets face it, after 20 seasons of playing you win every G1 and the only question is how far. The league is the only thing that keeps you playing.

jackdaw - loving the ideas for NHC.

hackett wrote:
How would you do the ratings for these horses once the races are over?

If my horse won the epsom derby listed would i get a rating lower then that of the last place of the Epsom Derby G1? How would that rating match with a horse that has won a group 2 race the same week?

How would horse ratings be managed, sounds a hard job to me mate. Im not knocking this mate but if i didnt get into the Epsom Derby G1 because my horse was rated 21 of the entrants me missing out by one then id rather leave my horse for a Group 2 race, after all you can judge if your likely to make cuts for races by looking at what else has been entered in the races and if my horse performs well in that group 2 id probably be rated high enough to enter the next group 1 for sure if it meant i missed out on the G1 action for the sake of easier managment of rating horses then so be it!

I understand this, it's difficult because a lot of trainers make their declarations late and then you find out too late. Can't think of many ways around this, you would definitely get a lower rating for winning a Listed race than a G1 race

giddy wrote:
I would prefer even less upload windows, maybe have 7 days from when each trainer uploads their first horse to when their stable is locked (that way trainers who start late don't have to wait until halfway through the season), and then another upload window at the halfway point of the season.

This is a very interesting idea. I wonder if it can be built into TOM.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:55 pm
Group 3 winner

Quote:
The NHC is not "fitting in" alongside the flat. It doesn't have to slot in and follow the same rules as the flat. In no way at all is everything about the flat and nothing I've said should give you that idea. The only reason it has to run alongside the flat is purely and simply technical reasons with TOM. I'm sure the NHC could have continued by itself but as we know that's not why we stopped things. This thread is for ideas about UKRA, there is another thread for NHC on ORL World, please use that for improvements you can think of to NHC

ok i apologise...i read things about NHC and i did not like the sound of it
so i replied...anyone can make a mistake you know

and i dont need to be shouted at thnx

you won't hear another thing from me k

ciao !

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:28 pm
Group 1 winner

Wasn't shouting at you mate, I was making it stand out from everything else I had to say.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:46 pm
Group 1 winner

yeah thats cool rich. i also won a handicap in uk , and one maiden also. so we need to keep them!!!

paul, my name is ryan!!!pepsiboy is pete!! hehe

Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:54 pm
Group 3 winner

Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next