View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Cheltenham Festival - Please Read 
Group 1 winner

Post Cheltenham Festival - Please Read
Right, as the festival noms close on saturday with the races being ran at the end of the weekend/start of next week, I was wondering if people would be interested in having a tipping competition for it. I know Jay ran a tipster competition for the league over on yuku forum and alot of trainers participated so i thought it would be a good idea to run a comp for the festival.

i was also wondering if any of the big guns (maybe Paul could help here as i know of his generosity) could sponsor the competition so we have prize money for the top 3 topsters which can boost their finances for the next season.

basically each person can pick one horse for each of the races, and would score points based on where their horse finished in the race. The points would score as follows:

1st - 10 points
2nd - 7 points
3rd - 5 points
4th - 3 points
5th - 1 point

Selection in the 4 'feature races' would score double points i.e. in the Champion Hurdle, Champion Chase, World Hurdle, and Gold Cup.

All selections could be either posted on this thread if it goes ahead or as it will be a long list they could be emailed to me before the close of sunday so that they are complete before the races are ran. If that was the way then i would email my selections to rich so he knows what mine are before the races are ran.

please comment if you would like this to go ahead, also if you can think of any ways to improve the format, and also if anyone is willing to sponsor the competition.

Thanks!!

Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:37 pm
Handicapper

I am happy to give you a million towards the prize fund...

Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:09 pm
Group 3 winner

to make PM 3m-2m-1m

Paul

Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:48 pm
Group 1 winner

so there we go , theres some pretty tasty money on offer there:

1st place - 3million
2nd place - 2million
3rd place - 1million (already more than my balance!!)

im thinking as there are a lot of races it would be easier if everyone could email them to me so i can print off everyones tips as opposed to having to scroll up and down a forum thread. so iff people could email me their tips at the below address asap after noms close (or before if you wish to do so):

defcomedyry@hotmail.co.uk

im not sure who the race secs are but if competing make sure you get ur selections in before you run the races (obvious i know, but making sure). i will email my selections to rich on sunday afternoon so he knows i cant wait until ive seen the races.

good luck everyone

Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:00 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm not sure the exact amount as the finance page stopped updating a while back but there should be around 30 + million in my account from a Royal Ascot accy that you or Paul are welcome to for whatever use you want, save it going to waste in cyberspace unless of course Westy has snaffled it up on the QT. :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:39 pm
Group 1 winner

sweet, well if rich can transfer it over to my balance then i could make the prize money for the tipping competition a huge amount and maybe take some commision for my account .

Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:53 pm
Group 1 winner

i have posted this thread over on yuku as well, so perhaps people can post their tips over on that forum like we used to for the weekly competition if they prefer to do so.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:32 pm
Group 1 winner

If it is ok with rich and dancing brave the prize money will be doubled to 12million and the rest of the balance db could be used for sponsoring races next season similar to moores millions.so for this comp it can be :

1st 6 million
2nd 4 million
3rd 3million
4th 2 million
5th 1 million

Hope everyobe geta involved when noms close tinight

Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:37 pm
Group 1 winner

now that the noms are closing ive started a thread on yuku under the tipster corner section where we used to post weekly tips for jays competition.

either post tips there or email as a few others have at my address stated above, whichever you prefer. try and get involved, its good prize money and should be good racing.

ill post results within two hours after races are posted!!

good luck

Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:16 pm
Group 1 winner

If it is ok with rich and dancing brave the prize money will be doubled to 12million and the rest of the balance db could be used for sponsoring races next season similar to moores millions.

Sounds fine to me, maybe you could use it to sponsor a 2yo sales race for inter-bred horses :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]