View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:19 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 New League - September 
Group 3 winner

Have you got a date in mind on which the leauge will commence pimps?? :lol:

Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:39 pm
Group 2 winner

lol scarlet pimpernel

Good to see the EPW fanclub out in full force, or at least the duplicate accounts of the only member.

Handicap abuse is obvious and the three run limit should prove enough. It also gets around a horse getting trouble in running and then going off a ridiculously low mark.

I don't see it's fair that you come in here rich and post the above, seeing that your the president, and we all are waiting on you for news yet again nothing from your end is worth reading what some of us have posted is true and disheartening to say the least rich it is sad to see what everyone in here has posted has gone above your head, no fan club here rich, but disbelief that's all bud.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:40 pm
Group 2 winner

OK Kenny no more ideas from me. The three run rule will not work for reasons stated above. But then who am I to state an opinion.
Over to you.

As I said mate I like your idea

Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:43 pm
Group 1 winner

What I don't understand is that people that won't be joining the new league have such big opinion on how the league should or shouldn't be ran.

Exactly, I hope people will forgive me for prioritising the opinions and feelings of those who have volunteered their own time for the league.

I have no beef with Steve, I personally thought the newsletter was outstanding and his contribution to the league is good.

The league will start as soon as possible and hopefully coincide with some of the best racing of the year which should mean the forums are active and the banter is good. The schedules are going to be tweaked a little to tone down some of the 2m races in NHC, once that is done we can get underway.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:45 pm
Group 3 winner

Because Kenny, i invested a hell of a lot of time in the game to enter the league earlier this year, everything fell to pieces because of a select feuding few, a new regime was formed at the instruction of Jim Cougar and since then we have all been waiting for news......and waiting.....and waiting.......and waiting...... :roll:

After putting all the time and effort into trying to be competetive in the league, the actual game seems now boring which annoys me as i used to love the game but was talked into joining the league, against my better judgement i did and the way i played the game totally changed, I will join the league again WHEN it gets underway, and even if I didnt then i still have the right to voice an opinion. :D

Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:47 pm
Group 1 winner

anubisrich wrote:
lol scarlet pimpernel

Good to see the EPW fanclub out in full force, or at least the duplicate accounts of the only member.

Handicap abuse is obvious and the three run limit should prove enough. It also gets around a horse getting trouble in running and then going off a ridiculously low mark.

I don't see it's fair that you come in here rich and post the above, seeing that your the president, and we all are waiting on you for news yet again nothing from your end is worth reading what some of us have posted is true and disheartening to say the least rich it is sad to see what everyone in here has posted has gone above your head, no fan club here rich, but disbelief that's all bud.

I don't believe that your method of finding handicap cheats is particularly clever either, over 1m in a good race a top 9f horse will struggle to place in the first half and the handicap mark will reflect that.

It doesn't go over my head, I have a number of seasons and league gameplay under my belt. Sometimes it's better to listen to people who have experience rather than offering an opinion which you think sounds good but in practice is still flawed. If a horse has to run 3 times and it has been run over 1m each time when longer races have been available that's enough of a reason for me to have a word with the trainer and take action from there - even if the handicap race is only 9f.

edit: Scotty, not long yet, I hope your horses are good enough :wink:

Last edited by anubisrich on Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:55 pm
Group 2 winner

Scotty I would say that most players put a lot of time and effort in for the league last season, and everyone would have been disappointed with what happened, My post wasn't aimed at you its just that some people are trying to stir things up.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:58 pm
Group 3 winner

I aint got any yet, without crazy, esa and jay it'll be a walk in the park, only comp might be fluke wilson, i want every one of his horses dope tested before every race, if DB tips any of them up on here then i hope the stewards will take action right away!! :lol:

Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:00 pm
Group 1 winner

the three race rule will be a great addition to the league but surely rivers there will still be stewards making sure no handicap fiddling is going on!!

good to hear about the tewak to the nhc schedule rich, thats one thing i wanted to see!!

supercat - thanks for that comment, i am just eager to get going with the league .. im not gunna have many winners, believe me, but i just enjoy entering horses and seeing how it goes. i am a fan of the league and this game but ill never be a top trainer. thats not really that important to me, i just enjoy competing in the league.

as for my comments trying to let people know what i think is going on etc, im sorry if people think im just guessing and have no idea, i am just trying to let people know things i believe to be true!!

and as for the presidency - all im trying to say is rich was chosen . not everyone is going to agree becasue thats what life is about, but i know he wants the league to get underway and be a success, so will people please just be supportive. if the league isnt underway by the latter end of october then i agree we shud start moaning!!but give him a chance, even if u think it is a 'second chance'!!one day it may be decided by an election , and maybe i will even put myself forward one day, but for now rich is the guy in charge and i trust he will do a good job.

i will try and post less on this thread until the league begins, because i hate to think people read what i say and think i have no idea what im talking about. i hope we are racing soon

Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:00 pm
Group 2 winner

I agree HR everyone should get behind the president and give him 100% support, its better the league starts when everything is in place and not just started for the sake of it.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:08 pm
Group 2 winner

I aint got any yet, without crazy, esa and jay it'll be a walk in the park, only comp might be fluke wilson, i want every one of his horses dope tested before every race, if DB tips any of them up on here then i hope the stewards will take action right away!! :lol:

I'm the same scotty my stable won't be as good as last season, I haven't been playing that much so what I've got will just have to do.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:25 pm
Group 3 winner

scotty64 wrote:

I'm the same scotty my stable won't be as good as last season, I haven't been playing that much so what I've got will just have to do.

Think you misread Kenny, I was actually saying I'm gonna Piss the league this year!!!! :lol:

Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:36 pm
Group 3 winner

Its a shame ppl still can't get alomg om here...ah well

hopefully the league isn't far away?

looking forward to sitting back and just running horses

it will be something new for me anyways

i can only hope we get a few ppl to play along

gl with finding horses & c u all soon

Paul

Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:35 am
Stewarding the league will be a nightmare under your system.
Good luck with that pimps.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:49 am
Tomas wrote:
anubisrich wrote:
lol scarlet pimpernel

I don't believe that your method of finding handicap cheats is particularly clever either, over 1m in a good race a top 9f horse will struggle to place in the first half and the handicap mark will reflect that.

It doesn't go over my head, I have a number of seasons and league gameplay under my belt. Sometimes it's better to listen to people who have experience rather than offering an opinion which you think sounds good but in practice is still flawed. If a horse has to run 3 times and it has been run over 1m each time when longer races have been available that's enough of a reason for me to have a word with the trainer and take action from there - even if the handicap race is only 9f.

edit: Scotty, not long yet, I hope your horses are good enough :wink:

I think the person with the most experience of the handicapping and stewarding job is EPW and he agrees with my method along with everyone else. You really have NO idea about handicapping and stewarding. What you have said above really defies belief. There will be no horses left in handicaps if you put into practice your method - it is a joke. Please get real and face facts people WILL manipulate the system and will complain if you throw out horses for no more reason than gut instinct.
Would you have thrown out Kenny's 14f winner mentioned earlier. If the answer is no then why not?

Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:26 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next