View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Tips for New Players 
Kenny has just struck the fear of god into me lol

youve got 20 better than my best miler, he does show up the best in the race bulider aswell btw

He just won the Sussex in 1.33.49 defo my best miler, goes by the name of....

And the sprinter who done 5f in 53 on hard is actually a soft ground horse!!

What season are you in on your game kenny, im just going into season 15 tonight

Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:14 pm
Group 2 winner

Horses performance in the CK can differ from the game, I've had outstanding horses in the game that were average in the CK, when I say average they were still good but nowhere near what I was hoping for, you may get a few surprises when you run your horses in the CK.

You asked what season I'm in, to tell the truth 78, This is only my second game I have started since the game came out, my first game crashed at the start of the last league season (I was gutted), I have been playing this game for about 7 months so that is only 11 seasons a month, I try to complete 2 or 3 seasons a week which is not a lot. I know some players can do 2 or 3 seasons in a couple of hours, but I play to enjoy the game and the league is a added bonus, If I get a couple of winners in the league great if not I still get enjoyment out of playing the game.

Here is one of my stable stars

Just to show you how sad I am, here is his lineage I don't inbreed any of my horses and keep records of the pedigree.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:43 pm
Group 1 winner

my
god

how can you do that and get through a season an hour?!?!

Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:41 pm
Group 2 winner

oh
my
god

how can you do that and get through a season an hour?!?!

I can't get through a season in an hour, I don't know how they do it but they only play for the league.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:53 pm
Group 1 winner

Fantastic kenny, I love how you have displayed your breeding lines.

Well done mate!!!

Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:17 pm
Group 1 winner

my horses are not better than they were for the last season of the league, maybe marginally but still get season 5horses winning in my ck sometimes.

i know where my problems lie, it is with the breeding. i dont really study it that much and just breed my best ck horses together. i need to go into it deep and make sure i do it great, like kenny

Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:43 pm
Handicapper

Post Inbreeding
I was wondering about inbreeding. Anyone have much success with inbreeding, or do most top players try to avoid it?

edit: Another question. Should we be importing our good horses late in their 2yo season as well as 3 yo or older? Are there going to be races in the league for 2yo's, or are they all 3yo and up?

Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:06 am
Handicapper

I did some more research looking at the sopl manual and got my questions answered. League is going to be tuff!

Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:37 am
Group 2 winner

my horses are not better than they were for the last season of the league, maybe marginally but still get season 5horses winning in my ck sometimes.

i know where my problems lie, it is with the breeding. i dont really study it that much and just breed my best ck horses together. i need to go into it deep and make sure i do it great, like kenny

You don't need to go into that deep, its just something that I do to make the game more enjoyable by trying to find a Northern Dancer or Urban Sea or trying to find a sire of sires like Sadler's Wells.

The data base I use gives me a lot of information, I can see which lines are strong, information on siblings, I can even run lots of different reports.

By keeping track of may stallions and mares I know who is producing and who is not, successful stallions will get more mares and stallions that are not producing will get retired, the same goes for the mares.

I once had a stallion that produced outstanding game horses, everyone was brilliant but none of them could cut it in the CK so he was retired.

I love the breeding side of horse racing, my dream job would be at Coolmore, Darley, Aga Khan Studs or Juddmonte Farms (I think I'll leave this one for DB) and SO4 is as close as I'm going to get to it, my wife says I'm a weirdo she is probably right.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:18 am
Handicapper

Now i'm no longer in the league i am happy to pass on some (not all) of my wisdom...
I believe strongly breeding is alot of luck, but as kenny says you must keep an eye on the better breeders...I had a rule if the colt couldnt breed a good horse in 4 attempts i would delete-no matter how good that colt was!!....Being a wonder horse does not make it a wonder breeder!
CK is all that matters- i have read post abouts horses that win 30 group ones etc...well this means nothing...you shoudnt be running your horse 30 times if you want to win a race in the league..
I am happy to see you back scatters - i think you, kenny/leecara and the quietly spoken luke will dominate the league...
Good luck to all

Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:32 am
Group 1 winner

Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:35 am
Handicapper

lol...no i haven't ryan.....just think those trainers will be a little superior..
I maybe totally wrong....

Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:34 am
Group 1 winner

If anyone else wants any advice, I'm willing to pass on what I know - as I too will not be involved in the league.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:12 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

No ur not wrong colin!im 45 seasons in and still my season3 horse chins them all now and again!i am gunna do similar to last year i think!!

Im going wrong somewhere but with work n life atm i dnt think i hav the time to start afresh n be a top trainer!maybe so5 will be my time to shine

Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:25 am
Group 1 winner

I find (also from my SO3 glory days) that good CK colts tend to be good stallions.

The key is finding the supermares. I had one mare, won about 5 G1s in game so fairly decent, nothing special in the CK who just churned out immense horses every time.

But the best horse I ever had in the league was a gamebred. :lol:

Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next