View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 TOM website 
Group 3 winner

Post TOM website
Right, I've trialed and tested my horses and picked out my best (sadly there's only 6) and already uploaded them!

I've been trying to get familiar with the site but it seems i'm the only trainer on there (according to the trainer list) and also there's no races to view and therefore enter? Is this how its supposed to be or is something a tad wrong?

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:05 pm
give it time m8, wasnt supposed to open for another hour so if uploadds are already open, im sure everything will be sorted by tomorrow, no rush anyway, still a week to enter.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:31 pm
Group 3 winner

Yeah true. I just want to get it all sorted :lol: Plus, last 3 week days i've been unbelievably busy and i'm busy all tomorrow so i'll be finding it hard to take time to enter them. Ah well, i'm sure i'll find time!

Another thing, my finances are -10,000? How am I supposed to gamble on my horses :lol:

OH, and another thing thats been in and out my mind lately... Handicap? Who is the handicapper in this league or is it done by the game? Just that I hate the handicapping system in the game. 3rd on debut gets you around 80 rating but it could be a weak race then your screwed for weeks to get it down where it should be. I think I read you need 3 runs for a handicap mark so i'm presuming its a person doing the handicapping?

Thanks as always, bloody newbies ey ;)

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:33 pm
I think rich is the handicapper and not sure about the gambling side, dunno if we have a bookie and i wouldnt like to be pricing up races in the first week as you have no clue.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:37 pm
Group 3 winner

Oh right. I just saw the ante-post option so I presumed you could back your horses.

If people need a bookmaker, i'd be happy to be the bookmaker if it was possible to help the game progress

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:41 pm
Group 1 winner

Normally you get funds injected (1 Mil I think) when you join, there normally is a bookmaker but not sure what's going on, you'll have to ask rich!

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:44 pm
Handicapper

I've been in contact with Rich and I think the uploads are working as expected. I suspect that the races haven't been added to the database but that can be automated.

However, Rich needs to give the go ahead in terms of when things are ready to go. I don't think it will be long tho.

Cheers

DD

UPDATE
I've imported last season's races. These still need to be edited and correct track conditions etc updated.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:15 pm
Group 3 winner

I've imported last season's races. These still need to be edited and correct track conditions etc updated.

Was just on there and thought wtf it looks like last season, where`s all these changes? OK I`ll let it go not like I have any good horses to upload anyway.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]