View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 3:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 League Open 
Group 1 winner

Post League Open
As you've probably seen, the league is open for business. In order to participate you will need to create an account then upload your .hrs files to the website using the upload button on the main page. In the top right hand corner you will see UKRA/USRA/NHC tabs, click on those to go to your respective stables for each.

This is probably a good time to mention that all uploaded horses will be analysed for evidence of cheating, manipulation etc. Horses from cracked games are obvious and ineligible for racing.

UKRA - you have probably seen the schedule amendments. Plan your races carefully, 3 runs are required for a handicap mark. To begin with there will be no UK handicapper. The games handicapping system is not perfect but it is based on the game's mechanics, I am hoping that by having three runs little errors will be ironed out. Depending on how this goes, I may bring a handicapper in.

USRA - schedule remains the same. You do not require 3 runs to compete in a handicap, if you are the type of player that wants a more immediate game, this is for you. Due to the draw effect in USRA it's often easier to pick up a win, even if you haven't got the best horse. For new starters, it's definitely worth uploading a few here. There will be a handicapper but it won't be massively hands on until required.

NHC - schedule amendments have gone through although I may change the balance of handicaps through the season depending on how many horses are uploaded at different distances. I will of course keep you posted. Paul "The Legend" Moores will be bringing back the extreme distance championships later on in the season

A few other points:

Horse names: please keep them family friendly. I don't think any children play this but even then they are probably the only people who'd find a swear word amusing.

Bookmakers/Commentators: I will be getting in touch with those who have done this in the past and I've had interest already from others. If you are interested give me a shout, soplpresident@gmail.com as it's always good to get new people on board.

General banter: There is a good atmosphere at the moment. I know when my horses are kicking your butt you're going to be annoyed but don't be a little girl, man up and face me on the track. :lol: As there are fewer horses in the stables this year I hope everyone will post a stable tour next week giving us the rundown on their stable and a chance for the punters to nibble at some early prices.

There may be a few technical issues at the start but we'll get them sorted asap, email me to let me know about them rather than clog up the board.

Good luck! Post here if you have any questions about the upload/nomination process.

Last edited by anubisrich on Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:05 am
Group 1 winner

All systems go! Well done rich, despite scepticism among the hordes, we are finally there!! One question I have though is that my horses are exported from 2 different games as I started again after a crash, I'm guessing this is fine! I'm also guessing we will be moving over to the yuku board soon when the races are put up etc?

Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:06 am

I reckon the league has improved at least 100% under your stewardship.

It has definitely moved on etc .................

You have my full support.

Rivers

Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:26 am
Group 1 winner

Awesome news better finish nhc trials !! Sure ill post a stable tour but are we gunna put them on here or yuku??

Nice one rich, its gunna be good season imo - i dont really think ull need to make changes!anything u want to improve can always be done for next season

Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:56 am
Group 2 winner

Rich, roughly when do you think the stable size will increase and what size do you see the stable size being increased to?

The reason I ask is so I have an idea of what to upload for the start of the season.

Cheers
Kenny

Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:11 pm
Group 1 winner

All systems go! Well done rich, despite scepticism among the hordes, we are finally there!! One question I have though is that my horses are exported from 2 different games as I started again after a crash, I'm guessing this is fine! I'm also guessing we will be moving over to the yuku board soon when the races are put up etc?

This is absolutely fine.

kenny1972 wrote:
Rich, roughly when do you think the stable size will increase and what size do you see the stable size being increased to?

The reason I ask is so I have an idea of what to upload for the start of the season.

Very valid question, I meant to mention it first. The minimum expection I have is that after 6 weeks the stable size will be increased to 20 and then again at 12 weeks to 25. This is a minimum though, it may be more depending on turnout/how it goes etc.

Retirements will be allowed from week 6 as well. Not sure whether I'll give the whole allowance (6) in one go or break it down. Probably all in one go.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:36 pm
Group 1 winner

Just my twopence worth Rich as you are the man in charge.

I would go for incremental retirements, just so we don't have an influx of new blood in one week.

Up to you though.

Steve

Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:53 pm
Group 1 winner

I think that's probably the best, if the stable size is increasing by 5 and you've got 6 Retirements that's 11 new horses potentially.

No-one should rely on retirements though, that's just a Christmas present from myself :wink:

Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:11 pm
Handicapper

So glad this is up and running again, i havent any horses with a shout but i am gonna upload them just to be involved.
Best of luck to all and i hope the friendly atmosphere continues as there is no need in my view for anything else.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:00 pm
Group 1 winner

So glad this is up and running again, i havent any horses with a shout but i am gonna upload them just to be involved.
Best of luck to all and i hope the friendly atmosphere continues as there is no need in my view for anything else.

:D Could not put it any better myself!

Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:56 pm
Group 1 winner

Wow first day and 15 trainers for ukra already!! Despite the drop outs there seems to be an ever increasing amount of new blood!! Love the fact there's 2 frankel's already! Glad mine didn't make the cut! Give you 1/2 that there's more than 5 frankel's come next saturday lol!!

Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:12 pm
Group 1 winner

ive filled my uk and usra stables !! when week 6 comes around replacements would be just to give others a chance, as i wont be playing the game to find better horses as im busy for a good few months with my thesis!!

nhc i will be filling soon, still need to trial a bit

Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:56 pm
Group 3 winner

Yeehaw! Oh dear that sounds a bit childish but it`s how I feel. Now I can`t wait for the first weeks races to download and I always considered myself to be fairly patient. Not that I expect any winners in fact quite the opposite, will be happy just to get some good runs.
Pinning my hopes on Mission Cuckoo on the flat and Uncertain Reserve over hurdles the rest I`m not at all sure about.

I reckon I like the small stable sizes stops the big trainers having entries in every race, hopefully new trainers will have a bit more of a chance to taste some success. Good Luck to everyone and well done Rich for getting the show on the road.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:26 pm
Group 1 winner

I agree seems like the 15 is perfect, I have most of the bases covered, bar stupid distances like 7f, 1m1f and 1m5/7f and if I had uploaded any more it probably start getting into the donkeys!! Same hurricane I have my dissertation to be worrying about!!

Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:32 pm
Group 1 winner

Rich, are you going to allow any transfers between UK & US during the season?

Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next