View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 10:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Help! New to League 
Handicapper

Post Help! New to League
Hi everyone

A few questions:

1) Is there a season calendar for league races?
2) Are there any weather forecasts?
3) How do we see the races (and when are they run) after the close of nominations.
4) Am I limited to just one league
5) Betting/ante post - when do prices appear - and how do i get money to bet before i win any prize money.
6) Can u place any bets other than singles and e/w singles (also applies to offline game as I thought i read somewhere you could do accumulator/ yankee bets etc.)
7) Anyone know how to fast forward time - I cant wait till Friday - haa ha

thnx for your help guys

Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:14 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Help! New to League
pauloneill wrote:
1) Is there a season calendar for league races?
Yes, go here. Thanks to Anubisrich for posting it for us. It's the UK flat one, though, not US or NHC.

2) Are there any weather forecasts?
You can see the condition of the track atm for this week by going to one of your horses' pages and looking at the race they're entered in (if they're entered). On the right it should say Cond (condition) and underneath, the track condition. (I'm sure there's probably an easier way and I haven't figured it out yet)
I'm not sure about a forecast, someone with league experience will probably know, though.

3) How do we see the races (and when are they run) after the close of nominations.
lol, I asked pretty much that same question a few days ago. Here's the thread: http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/vi ... php?t=3932

4) Am I limited to just one league
Nope, you can have horses in all three leagues.

5) Betting/ante post - when do prices appear - and how do i get money to bet before i win any prize money. No idea, sorry.
6) Can u place any bets other than singles and e/w singles (also applies to offline game as I thought i read somewhere you could do accumulator/ yankee bets etc.)Don't know, unfortunately.
7) Anyone know how to fast forward time - I cant wait till Friday - haa ha
:D lol, I know the feeling. I know I'm going to get absolutely thrashed, but I'm still way too excited.

thnx for your help guys

Having said all that, I'm new to the league, too. So hopefully someone with experience will answer your questions as well.

Good luck!

Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:52 pm
Group 1 winner

Sorry this may be brief coz im on my iphone:

1) you can either look through each week in TOM by going to view/enter races or as sabella said u can use richs spreadsheet!i can send u one for the US which scatters kindly sent me.

2) weather forecasts - can see track conditions in TOM each week!for future weeks you can see it say things like spring/summer!this means its likely to be good or better!sort of increases the odds of certain conditions

3) 3 race secretaries run the races - myself kenny and rich!rich ten uploads the races later in the week!see other threads to find out which races are uploaded on which days and where u can get them!!when u download them you put them in the league races folder in your starters orders programme data!

Sabella answers 4

Betting - TOM is being awkward but ask rich to sort ur finances and u can place a bet each week in TOM! Conor has a nhc betting thread onyuku and liam has uk specials on this forum so look for the threads!

7) its the longest week ever when the league is on mate!attempts to persuade rich to release races earlier proved futile!start a petition!!!

Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:22 pm
Handicapper

Sorry this may be brief coz im on my iphone:

1) you can either look through each week in TOM by going to view/enter races or as sabella said u can use richs spreadsheet!i can send u one for the US which scatters kindly sent me.

2) weather forecasts - can see track conditions in TOM each week!for future weeks you can see it say things like spring/summer!this means its likely to be good or better!sort of increases the odds of certain conditions

3) 3 race secretaries run the races - myself kenny and rich!rich ten uploads the races later in the week!see other threads to find out which races are uploaded on which days and where u can get them!!when u download them you put them in the league races folder in your starters orders programme data!

Sabella answers 4

Betting - TOM is being awkward but ask rich to sort ur finances and u can place a bet each week in TOM! Conor has a nhc betting thread onyuku and liam has uk specials on this forum so look for the threads!

7) its the longest week ever when the league is on mate!attempts to persuade rich to release races earlier proved futile!start a petition!!!

Thnx for the info. So while im waiting can i see last weeks races somewhere?

Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:59 pm
Group 1 winner

They are not out yet but will be soon. I think 8.30pm UK time. Just check back at these forums.

It’s only the US races for now. Tomorrow NHC and Friday UK.

Best of luck

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]