View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 7:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 NHC Week 1 Races 
Group 1 winner

Post NHC Week 1 Races
http://www.sopl.info/files/tom/season12 ... cweek1.zip

Think I got it right this time :lol:

edit: Thanks to Neil for running the races

If someone can post the link on yuku that would be great, I can start a new topic but not actually write in the box!

Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:17 pm
Group 3 winner

Call me cynical, but D Robertson and K Robertson... Not using the same IP address, are they? :wink:

Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:24 pm
Group 1 winner

I will start off with my review (as I only have three runners)

Red Rooney - so the real life Rooney might be off on holiday whilst getting paid an absolute fortune for 1 goal every 6 months but this one knuckled down for a very impressive win. Have to say, considering my NH trialling involved running all my 1m6f horses over fences once and picking the best one...I am rather surprised.

Wild Wind
- a product of running my 7f horses over 2m and picking the best one, didn't win but an encouraging place.

Zara - mis-spelt Zarkava. Not sure why I ran her over fences, should go over hurdles. Better than Wild Wind so one to put in your accumulator next week.

gherkdrfc wrote:
Call me cynical, but D Robertson and K Robertson... Not using the same IP address, are they? :wink:

Nope. As you've seen we can check :wink:

Last edited by anubisrich on Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:26 pm
Group 1 winner

Just got home from a poor fishing session and can't wait to get stuck into these after a shower and a cuppa!

Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:28 pm
Group 2 winner

Would you not think if was the same person they would be bright enough to use a different surname, or is it just a double buff :lol:

Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:29 pm
Group 3 winner

gherkdrfc wrote:

Would you not think if was the same person they would be bright enough to use a different surname, or is it just a double buff :lol:

Haha I dunno, I just thought i'd throw it out there - throw some banter into the mix

Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:33 pm
Group 3 winner

Red Rooney - so the real life Rooney might be off on holiday whilst getting paid an absolute fortune for 1 goal every 6 months but this one knuckled down for a very impressive win. Have to say, considering my NH trialling involved running all my 1m6f horses over fences once and picking the best one...I am rather surprised.

Wild Wind
- a product of running my 7f horses over 2m and picking the best one, didn't win but an encouraging place.

Zara - mis-spelt Zarkava. Not sure why I ran her over fences, should go over hurdles. Better than Wild Wind so one to put in your accumulator next week.:

Is this what you'd recommend? 7f horses over 2m and 1m6f over fences? But what distance would you say? So I can throw some into NH

Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:38 pm
Group 1 winner

anubisrich wrote:

Wild Wind

Zara - mis-spelt Zarkava. Not sure why I ran her over fences, should go over hurdles. Better than Wild Wind so one to put in your accumulator next week.:

Is this what you'd recommend? 7f horses over 2m and 1m6f over fences? But what distance would you say? So I can throw some into NH

I find

Flat - Jumps
5-6 - Struggle to get 2m
7-1m - 2m-2m2f
1m1f-1m4f - 2m4f-3m
1m6f+ - 3m+

As for hurdles/fences, I find different horses are better at each. Generally over fences they need a bit more stamina.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:41 pm
Group 1 winner

Well.....what can I say after the shambles I had in the US, I can finally say I'm here to challenge well done all winners!....Really encouraging runs, no real mistakes bar one....great jumping and great efforts!! I know there's problems rich but could you poss sort out tom so we can see the rankings for each individual league as it keeps showing last years! Thanks

Sarafina 7/9.... Disappointed with her, poor run!

Rescue Operation 7/11... Knew wasn't up to much!

Little Milan 3/14...Very encouraging, could go group race hunting, good pointer for Noble Milan as well!

Orangina 4/11...Happy with the run, will stay around 4m

Play through the pain 4/9...Another one i'm happy with but didn't seem to stay

Dubya 7/11....Was flying home until hitting the second last! Hit it with some oomph as well!! If keeps up with it's jumping can go close

Sanotiers 1/13...Nearly fainted when she cruised up to the second last! Beginning to look good with these 3m hurdlers and the world hurdle is the aim!

Ming The Adultress 6/8...a 7f horse on the flat going that quick in a 2m chase, no chance!! Needs to settle!

Electrolyser 2/9...Barry my boy!! you did the buisness on sanotiers but couldn't ride this one out to win!! especially pleased as it was the wrong ground but should have won!, 2m4f in the soft and this should canter it's way to a win! Ryan Air chase bound

Good luck for tomorrow!

Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:04 pm
Group 1 winner

just watched the races - 4 winners to go with 2 from US , very happy with that!!

Ill have a proper review for epw's website if it goes live or to post sometime tomorrow, but a few words about some of them

Mandango Fandango - not bad in a close 4th but i think ive uploaded wrong jockey instructions horse because he ran weirdly. still one to follow

Livealittle, Flushing Meadow, Amaro Lucia, Chinese Whisper - 2 hurdle wins, 2 chase wins from these, all won their races very nicely and will expect big things from these 4, maybe some grade 1s.

Nijinsky - has to look a gold cup possible with the way he flew from the back to come 2nd. great run!!

Quite a few look like they needed further. Also very disappointed Victoria Falls PU. Good horse

Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:06 pm
Handicapper

Back Bar - Disappointed in her finishing position. Looked like she was travelling decently for a bit, but then was simply outdone after jumping the third last. Not sure where i'll take her next. Maybe the 3, 1 hurdle. Though i imagine she'll be outpaced.

Aeropasser - Again a disappointing finish here. He was showing his usual love for being prominent, but just went out like a cheap light bulb. Scratched from next weeks 4 miler to allow Outrageous Flirt a shot at league competition.

I Hear Melodies - What a delight. Seemed like she was totally outpaced and wasn't going to quicken, but man she just kept going and going and won it convincingly. I have her in a 2, 4 next week, but i reckon i'll be taking her out for another 2, 6. I reckon she could make 3 miles, but for now i'll stay safe.

Times Two Turkey - Another reason to smile. Never thought she'd be runner up, but she just ran superbly. Her jumping just let her down a tad. Had she jumped better she may have even won or at least finished closer. Looking at the 3, 4 next week.

Man Made Star - The one that disappointed the most. Thought there was more in him than that. Won't be going hurdling again. Won't be returning next week as i can't find a race for him.

Dixton House - Ran very well in the early stages, but was outpaced. Going up in distance next week.

Overall a very pleasing week with 3 out of 6 of my runners finishing in the money and with one of them being a winner; i'm looking up :)

Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:08 pm
Group 1 winner

why cant we view each individual trainer championship on TOM??shows last seasons. cant belive im 2nd overall - altho i think the uk races will see the robertsons leapfrog me

Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:10 pm
Group 1 winner

Sword of Brixton - Disappointing as traveled well up to 3 out and hit the wall. pop in the NH flat race for next week,

Misteriousa - My best run, was fine in running till a mistake at the last, wouldn't of caught the winner but felt 2nd or 3rd would of been realistic so his 7th finish did not do him justice, will go up against the winner next week again.

Eager - Thought I had a reasonable stayer here, but there is much quicker types, didnt jump to badly, needs firmer ground which wont help over the coming weeks.

Ultra Fina - Not sure I have her placed right, might need a little CK. Nothing special.

Codero - Usually takes them all on and is difficult to catch, but had a companion in "Niegh Bother" and she obvioulsy didn't like it, as she doesn't normally fall.

My other three, Devious Sunlight, Lupus & Nevada Pegasus, all raced as well as I thought, not! but with some weight in hand and suitable conditions, might make a place or two.

On the whole wasn't expecting anything, as most of these are from my flat game, but pleased with Misteriousa

Well done to all the winners.... Didn't see so much Aussie flag waving this time lol

Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:12 pm
Group 1 winner

conor ill have my 8million of native dancer when your ready pal!!

HAHAHAHAHAH get in there hooley!!

Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:21 pm
Group 3 winner

look forward to next week....

Paul

Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next