View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 8:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 UK Season 12 Week 01 Race 02 New Season Underway Maiden 
Group 1 winner

Post UK Season 12 Week 01 Race 02 New Season Underway Maiden

1st Amys (A Cripps) B16(17); 53kg
Powerful filly that started from a wide gate and travelled back 4 and 5 deep the first turn giving some ground. Started to come forward 800m out and just before the final turn made up ground quickly to be only 3 lengths from the leader. Magnificent effort being the widest runner at the 400m mark but gathered them up smartly showing her staying ability to challenge Lions Den for the lead and to get the better of him the last few strides. Considering this horse raced wide most of the way and still kept in touch to win it was an unbelievable effort. Along with Full Flight top oaks prospect.

2nd Lions Den (D Robertson) B5(17); 54.5kg
Started well and raced forward for most of the race. About 800m out made his move and dashed to the lead. He was challenged by Black Ops who headed him 300m out but dug deep and took the lead again 200m out and looked to have won it except for the classy filly Amys who pipped it on the post. Excellent staying effort and top Derby horse.

3rd Streeter (Scatters) B13(17); 54.5kg
Started well and was a little wide first turn then settled midfield and asked to move forward about 1100m out where he raced a little wide 2nd turn . At the final turn tried to go with the eventual winner Amys who was on the out side but could not match that fillies speed. Made up some ground late to be not far away from the winner. Good effort and Good Derby horse.

4th Bibebeg (K Robertson) B7(17); 53kg
Started well and raced in a handy position. Dropped back a little 900m out and it seemed the jockey was riding too patiently. When asked for an effort made ground and wasn’t too far away. Jockey possibly destroyed the horse’s chance of winning. Don’t dismiss on that effort, will be in the calculations for the oaks.

5th Black Ops (R Coates) B2(17); 54.5kg
Started well and found the fence early and was happy to race in a rear position. Started to move forward 1100m out and made good ground giving itself a chance to win the race as it found itself 1 to 2 lengths from the leader at the 500m mark. It briefly took the lead 300m out but could not match the courage Amys and the tenacity of Lions Den the last 200m. Good effort and good Derby prospect.

Special mention

Mujdeya (Ryan) - Raced wide most of the way and wasn’t too far away. Good effort
To The Rescue (J Gorman) - blocked run from the 500 to 350m and still managed to be only 1 length away. Good effort

Look for the rest with the weight advantage in upcoming races to be right in it.

So from the first week of UK races the potential Derby and Oaks winners will most likely come from the following:

DERBY
Lions Den, Streeter, Black Ops, Mujdeya, To The Rescue, Kris S, Mighty Atom & Texture

For mine the favourite is Lions Den just. Your thoughts?

OAKS
Amys, Bibebeg, Full Flight, Jeune

For mine the favourite is Amys since it was a terrific win from a wide gate, raced wide, and has proven herself over the distance since Full Flight & Jeune have not. Your thoughts?

Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:41 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: UK Season 12 Week 01 Race 02 New Season Underway Maiden
Scatters wrote:

1st Amys (A Cripps) B16(17); 53kg
Powerful filly that started from a wide gate and travelled back 4 and 5 deep the first turn giving some ground. Started to come forward 800m out and just before the final turn made up ground quickly to be only 3 lengths from the leader. Magnificent effort being the widest runner at the 400m mark but gathered them up smartly showing her staying ability to challenge Lions Den for the lead and to get the better of him the last few strides. Considering this horse raced wide most of the way and still kept in touch to win it was an unbelievable effort. Along with Full Flight top oaks prospect.

2nd Lions Den (D Robertson) B5(17); 54.5kg
Started well and raced forward for most of the race. About 800m out made his move and dashed to the lead. He was challenged by Black Ops who headed him 300m out but dug deep and took the lead again 200m out and looked to have won it except for the classy filly Amys who pipped it on the post. Excellent staying effort and top Derby horse.

3rd Streeter (Scatters) B13(17); 54.5kg
Started well and was a little wide first turn then settled midfield and asked to move forward about 1100m out where he raced a little wide 2nd turn . At the final turn tried to go with the eventual winner Amys who was on the out side but could not match that fillies speed. Made up some ground late to be not far away from the winner. Good effort and Good Derby horse.

4th Bibebeg (K Robertson) B7(17); 53kg
Started well and raced in a handy position. Dropped back a little 900m out and it seemed the jockey was riding too patiently. When asked for an effort made ground and wasn’t too far away. Jockey possibly destroyed the horse’s chance of winning. Don’t dismiss on that effort, will be in the calculations for the oaks.

5th Black Ops (R Coates) B2(17); 54.5kg
Started well and found the fence early and was happy to race in a rear position. Started to move forward 1100m out and made good ground giving itself a chance to win the race as it found itself 1 to 2 lengths from the leader at the 500m mark. It briefly took the lead 300m out but could not match the courage Amys and the tenacity of Lions Den the last 200m. Good effort and good Derby prospect.

Special mention

Mujdeya (Ryan) - Raced wide most of the way and wasn’t too far away. Good effort
To The Rescue (J Gorman) - blocked run from the 500 to 350m and still managed to be only 1 length away. Good effort

Look for the rest with the weight advantage in upcoming races to be right in it.

So from the first week of UK races the potential Derby and Oaks winners will most likely come from the following:

DERBY
Lions Den, Streeter, Black Ops, Mujdeya, To The Rescue, Kris S, Mighty Atom & Texture

For mine the favourite is Lions Den just. Your thoughts?

OAKS
Amys, Bibebeg, Full Flight, Jeune

For mine the favourite is Amys since it was a terrific win from a wide gate, raced wide, and has proven herself over the distance since Full Flight & Jeune have not. Your thoughts?

Great analysis! For me though its got to be To The Recue. First it missed the break - and then given a terrible ride by M Dwyer. After being outpaced in mid race (having made up the ground lost at the start) he then had his run blocked twice and yet still rattled home to finish close to the winner. I'll be looking out for that one in its next race!

Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:53 pm
Group 1 winner

Good points Paul but I think from watching the race, To The Rescue is a "Slight Hold Up" horse, well that is the way it was ridden. Maybe the jockey didn't ride according to instructions, I don't know. If it didn't you can argue giving it 1 to 1/2 length closer.

Missing the break is never any good but it is less painfull to "Hold Up" and "Slight Hold Up" horses in the league.

Just realised that To The Rescue can't qualify for the Derby so he is out. He's a 5yo. My bad.

So To The Rescue is a big chance for the Dubai Sheema Classic in week 3!!! Has a big chance there but will meet Lilly Fa Pootz!!!

Interesting races coming up!!

Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:36 am
Group 1 winner

The Derby winner will race close to the pace and have an early kick. Always throws up a freak result, that's why the duke has won it a lot. :lol:

Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:31 am
To The Rescue is actually a game horse, one of the best game horses ive had, 1m2 to 1m6.

He is a slight hold up horse if i remeber right, exported a long time ago from an old game.

Thought he was unlucky not to get a place and i hope that was the best 1m4 horses in the league because Sea Bird is different class so watch out for him!

Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:01 pm
Group 1 winner

ive been very impressed with horses from new training stables such as yours Joe.

along with other new trainers im noticing like s richards , a few of you have some very nice types and im excited to see how they get on over the next few weeks. like scatters, i think to the rescue is a very very good horse and if you have one better then you have potentially got a group 1 winner in your stable for your first season in the league. which, over the years i believe has been quite rare!!

good luck to you joe hope you get your winners soon buddy, and the same goes for other new trainers. you have all made promising starts to the league - as scatters notices, sometimes a 9th in a maiden debut is better than it looks due to being forced wide , locked in etc. its great stuff and going to be a hell of a season.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:25 pm
Group 1 winner

im fully expecting to start picking up some listed and group races, which i wasnt close to achieving in my first season. i think i have some likely sorts and some of my horses seem to be respected by some top trainers so fingers crossed. But i would genuinely love to see a new trainer win one of the big group 1s , i think it would be brilliant!!

Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:26 pm
Group 1 winner

Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]