View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Preview - UK Season 12 Week 02 Race 09 Earl of Sefton Stakes 
Group 1 winner

Post Preview - UK Season 12 Week 02 Race 09 Earl of Sefton Stakes
Newmarket 1800m

Being a small field and one turn, barriers should not hinder any of the runners here. Only query on some is if they can stay the trip or need longer as some have not raced over 1800m yet. The soft going too can throw up some crazy results.

Binocular B6 (K Robertson)
Last start over 2000m 3rd to Redcraze. Found that filly too strong but kept trying to make ground to grab 3rd place. Stepping back in distance here and stable known for placing its runners in winnable races. Keep safe.

Bleakness B1 (Hackett)
Fantastic performance and unlucky last start 2nd to New Approach over this distance. Was blocked a few times when making its run and racing wide at final turn only to be beaten ½ length. Gets back in his races and will be storming home. Top chance favourite.

Brixton Reject B5 (Green Park Racing)
Last start 6th to Highland Retreat and found that class a little too good. Stepping up in distance and may improve but I think others have better chance of winning this. Out side chance.

Fire Walk With Me B7 (bibobaggio)
Last start encouraging 4th beaten by winner Redcraze over 2000m. Was in 2nd position 200m out so the drop back in distance might suit. Kept coming and only faded slightly last little bit. Consider

Great Vision B2 (scatters)
Last start 2nd to smart horse Highland Retreat over 1600m. Likes the soft going and races well over 1800m. Keep safe.

Highland Retreat B3 (D Robertson)
Last start 1st over 1600m and was too strong last 100m to grab victory. From very good stable and 1800m shouldn’t bother him. Will give this a mighty shake.

Victory Duck B4 (Steven)
First start here so prefer to wait and see.

Tips
The only horse that has run over the distance of 1800m is unlucky Bleakness who carried 57.5kg that day in a top time of 1.51.21 at W’hampton 0.27s outside the track record. It was only ¼ lengths 2nd that day to New Approach and it would have gone very close to winning with a clear run to the finishing post. Have to respect the performance of Highland Retreat and Great Vision.

1st Bleakness 2nd Highland Retreat 3rd Great Vision
Outsider - Fire Walk With Me

Your thoughts, agree or disagree?

Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:52 pm
Group 1 winner

have to say i think New Approach still had alot in the tank that day :D

no i think highland retreat, binocular, and bleakness have this race between them.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:58 pm
Group 3 winner

Good work Scatters nice to see some previews

Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:12 pm
Group 1 winner

Top work indeed Scatters, just dont jinx my horses please. :)

Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]