View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 UKRA Week 2 (All Blacks WC 2011 Maiden) 2m3f (heavy) 

Who do you think will Triumph?
Poll ended at Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:42 pm
Johnny Corleone 45%  45%  [ 5 ]
Millennium Mephisto 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
Sammy Bear 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 11

UKRA Week 2 (All Blacks WC 2011 Maiden) 2m3f (heavy) 
Handicapper

Post UKRA Week 2 (All Blacks WC 2011 Maiden) 2m3f (heavy)
Thought I would attempt to preview the only UKRA race of the week I have a chance in.

Another Greenfield - Ran in week 1's Iron Horse Maiden and finished a distant last. Reported that the horse ran in snatches and was green so should improve. Cannot see it troubling the principals.

Humbert Way - Ran in week 1's Cougar for President maiden and finished 7th of 9 and was never competitive although did stay on at the end. The step up in trip could help and may be an outsider for a place.

Johnny Corleone - Ran in week 1's Iron Horse Maiden and finished 3rd of 5. Was fighting back before ran out of room at the finish and finished less than a length from the winner. Trainer is bullish about it chances with the heavy ground expected to help. Is a worthy favorite but I have my reservations about it getting the trip in the ground.

Mellifont - Ran in week 1's young stayers maiden over 1m7f and finished 3rd of 8 running on well at the end. Trainer has reservations with regards the significant step up in trip and is a firm ground horse. If there was an exchange it would be a place lay.

Millennium Mephisto - Ran in week 1's Iron Horse Maiden and finished 2nd of 5, losing by a head in a driving finish. Finished 3/4 length infront of Johnny Corleone but this would probably have been shorter had Johnny had a clear run at the end (although the result would not have been effected). Trainer has strong reservations regarding the heavy ground and is hoping it saps Johnny Corleone's stamina. 2nd Favorite.

Sammy Bear - Ran in week 1's Anysports Betting exchange Maiden and finished 3rd of 7, always being outpaced and plugging on at the end. The extra furlong may help here. Top stayers trainer Padraig Hogan rates the horse that finished 2nd in the race Allie di Malfi ahead of his two winners Bounce and Occhi Di Serpente, so this must say something for the form of the horse. Big run expected.

Sunday Gold - First run and reportedly likes heavy ground. From a new trainer. Prefer to bet on this after watching it run.

Conclusion

A very tight race with three horses with realistic chances. Something is telling me Johnny Corleone will not stay the trip so i will recommend backing Sammy Bear.

Good luck to all.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:42 pm
Group 2 winner

Matt

Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:25 pm
Group 1 winner

Great preview! Johnny's going to stay all day don't you worry about that!

Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:01 pm
Group 1 winner

A horse running green in the league is a very bad sign, must of been uploaded without enough races!!!should be replaced asap

Johnny Corleone will relish the trip - Nick is aiming for Gold Cup with this one.

Good preview buddy - liking the previews so far this season

Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:43 pm
Handicapper

i just have a feeling adrian nicholls will be rowing away 3f out.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:43 pm
Handicapper

hurricaine does the horse not learn during its time in the league?
my us milers didnt handle bends when they did in the game and on race builder. will they not learn or should i retire them asap?

Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:45 pm
Group 1 winner

They will not learn. The glue factory awaits your business

Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:58 pm
Group 1 winner

This is going to be a great race and a great gold cup pointer, being trialing away still and johnny is a beast over 2m6f hurdles batters electrolyser by 10 lengths who was 2nd over 2m4f chase in league last week, but the glory and prize money awaits on the flat!!

Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:48 pm
Group 3 winner

My horse being tipped in such a race, well... I'm honoured! I hope your right!!!

I enjoyed Sammy Bear's first run as I knew it was slightly too short as she stays all day, if another good show is in order then i'll be looking at a nice staying prize but doubt she's up to Gold Cup standard unless she wins this in style...

Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:59 pm
Handicapper

i have one called valazar sky in the NHF game who is equal to millennium mephisto, and a lot better on soft ground but seemed to perform very well over jumps. dont know what happened to him first week think the trip was too far.

it is a race i am looking forward to, if MM can win or get close on heavy ground its a big gold cup contender.

why don't you have any marathon horses hurricaine?

Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:00 pm
Group 1 winner

To be honest I know nothing about NHC but I am learning alot from your previews/reviews.

Rich, is there some sort of prize for winning the most bets in TOM?

Might encourage more activity in TOM for betting!

Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:47 pm
Group 1 winner

yeh rich there should be - im 10 million up after 1 week so im up for that!!good idea john.

stevie - Its just not been a part of my breeding. my first ever league winner was over 2miles but my game focuses around 5f- 1m6f. my sprinters are average, 7f-9f okay - some good 9f horses in league so far, 12f -14f is my best distance i think. maybe in the future i will try and get some more longer distanced runners.

the nhc is possibly my favourite league. i dont have a jumps game but my flat horses are trialled at 3 before a select few are kept on to be exported and trialled at further distances. some are exported into a jumps game where the likes of Mandango Fandango, Amaro Lucia have been bred. Others such as Chinese Whisper, Flushing Meadow, Boston Bridge, Saamid and Livealittle are from my flat game.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:56 pm
Handicapper

any nightmares about the ground?

Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:08 am
Group 1 winner

Haha I cannot wait! Johnny gains an extra 5 lengths in the heavy at home and batters some good stayers at home by 10-15+ lengths! Could be better than my horse which wo this 3 seasons ago which went on to be 2nd in the gold cup! good luck though all the horses in this race are to be respected and not ruling nothng out, may the toughest horse win, I'm sure your first win will come soon enough it's taken me 4 seasons to do what your doing in your first!

Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:24 am
Handicapper

sure ill be put in my place tomorrow.
i've heard adrian nicholls is partial to bribery so may have a word.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next