View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 NHC Week 2 Races 
Group 1 winner

Post NHC Week 2 Races
Nice and early...

http://www.sopl.info/files/tom/season12 ... cweek2.zip

Enjoy, thanks to Neil. Results will be up on TOM later in the day.

The Charlie Hall chase is a cracker though.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:25 am
Group 1 winner

RESULT!! I knew missing uni lectures, for other reasons of course might spring a nice bonus!

Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:55 am
Group 3 winner

2 great runs! First runner, 2m2 was too far and second runner had heavy ground which didn't suit at all!

Very happy with both horses - now to find a race to win with them both

Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:19 pm
Handicapper

Only problem with NHC, doesn't matter how good your horse is if it can't get over the fences!!!

Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:48 pm
Group 1 winner

im very nervous to watch these - most nervous ive been!!

basically this is because i had 4 winners and 2 seconds , 4 4ths or something like that in week 1 and would be top of the nhc league. But because i didnt expect that at all i have a feeling ive been flattered - i just hope they put in another good week so i can look forward to a consistent season like mr hooley puts together!!

Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:53 pm
Handicapper

Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:11 pm
Group 1 winner

wow just finished watching them - blown away i never expected this start to the nhc.

ill start with disappointments - Amaro Lucia in the Haldon - trip was too short and didnt jump well. will step back up to best trip but wont be racing at cheltenham over 2miles because there isnt any point in running him over shorter than 2m2f!! Also disappointed Cumbrian Waters fell, she had a great chance. Boston Bridge may be the first casualty of my jumps stable!!

Ecstatic with Optimistic Smile, I said she was unlucky in week1 and would of won in my opinion. Never looked like anything but the winner today.

Livealittle - What a performance, cruised round and put the race to bed 2 out. will take a good horse to beat this over 2m4f!!

Aliceva - Great marathon runner this one is - foot perfect and was a worthy favourite. Will feature in big long distance races this season and will be aimed at Peter O'Sullivan 4miler at the festival. Possible crack at the national on the cards.

Mista Mischiff ran well in 4th and will be better on faster ground back over 3miles.

Danube Flow - Another of my runners who likes an odd distance. WHY ARE ALL CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL RACES 2MILES!!!??? my horses like odd distances because they are flat game horses, but this juvenile is great over 2mile2 - 4f. Same goes for SAAMID, i knew he had a great chance in this over 2f extra and he won so easily. Maybe i will have to hope for soft ground and the cheltenham hill to help my horses. Will go for champion bumper but trip will find him out.

Nijinsky - what a race, thought hed blown it at two different fences, especially the last. Pulled out even more again to get his head infront. I knew he needed further after the way he ran on over 3miles in week 1 and i think he should be ok to get 3mile2f for the gold cup. RSA chase the other possibility. Big future for this horse.

Mandango Fandango - definitly uploaded wrong jockey instructions but hes so good he still runs well. Lost little in defeat and will win his race someday soon.

Chinese Whisper - Most pleasing performance for me, simply because of what he beat. dropped down in trip a couple of furlongs he managed to power past the reigning champion hurdler and gave her her first defeat. 2 wins from 2 now and this horse has top race prospects. On quicker ground he wont get 2miles (grrr its going to get annoying) so champion hurdle may not suit. I need to hope cheltenham ground is softish come week 12.

Bring on week 3 - There is a big fall waiting around the corner for me because 11winners in 2 weeks is just too good to be true!!

Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:26 pm
Handicapper

I know what you mean about distances, most of my flat horses are either 1m1f, 1m3f or 1m5f and I've even got one thats not bad over 1m7f. Typical!

Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:32 pm
Group 1 winner

Diamonds In The Stars 1/9...WOW, unbeliveable....I though he'd get swamped at the 3 pole but just kept on finding more! probably needed the firmer ground!! What a start! beating 3 of the previous winners as well, over the moon!

Turbo Charged: 6/11.... Pleased with the debut, needs 2 miles as is a speed horse, will go closer over 2, am happy with the first run though

Sanotiers..3/10...another great run which I am very pleased with, ground probably didn't help but was staying on gallantly for third, really liking the chance of a pop at the world hurdle

Little Milan 6/12...If hadn't hit the second last would have been much closer, great race will now be primed for a gold cup tilt.

Rescue Operation..3/10...very puzzled but ecstatic!! great run, no chance with the winner but pleased none the less will stay around 2m2/3f and will try and find some winnable races somewhere!

Play through the pain 8/11...disappointing run, made way too many mistakes!

Electrolyser 3/11...another pleasing run, looked a very tired horse though, probably wants no further than 2m4f on anything soft, pleasing none the less.

Ming the adultress..6/8...knew this race was out of it's depth for it, good run though and will be a better prospect over the bigger obstacles. and hopefully arkle bound

Babucon 3/10...very good run considering the extremely testing conditions for all involved every horse looked a wreck coming towards home! good test of stamina for him though and may find a suitable prize somewhere.

Noble Milan...6/11...Good run, made a few too many mistakes and ground was against it, will go better nto

Sarafina 5/9...better run and pleased despite the conditions, will get a win somewhere I hope.

Vivella 5/11...good debut was far away from the front lot but was expecting considering trip and conditions, will go much better over 2m6f and better conditions, watch out.

Good week overall makes up for the us shambles again!! Diamonds in the stars was a real pleaser! hope you'll be able to upload uk ones early again as I have to go out at 4 an heading to wincanton tomorrow and then uni where my laptop at uni is broke so won't be able to watch the races!

Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:01 pm
Handicapper

The Vics Head - Gutted to see him fall when he did. He ran such a good race up until then and i'm convinced he would have won had he stood up.

Man Made Star - That was a more convincing run. I wasn't expecting a win, but he wasn't too far behind this time which shows he has promise in the right race. Just need to find it.

Waiter Waters - Looked like the winner turning into the home stretch. Shame she just faded, but i'll be looking at just 3 miles next week.

Dixton House - Again looked like a winner. Liked his run this week, was really close to being runner up but finishing in the money is good enough.

Hurricaneruns Twenty Hotels - Again just missed out. The race didn't really suit so i'm not too disappointed. Going to go for a better race next week

Newcorp Lad - Talk about blazing a trail. Absolutely chuffed with the way this one ran. I thought he was gone with 2 to jump, but that late flusrish was magical. Looking forward to his next run

I Hear Melodies - Never really travelling. Hates heavy going and the trip was too short, so 4th is a good effort. Might be going long distance next week.

Dixton Star - Again a shame to see him fall, but he had lost the race by then anyway. Again the ground was against him, so to see him challenging for the lead for so long was very credible.

Outrageous Flirt - Again never got into it. Was finishing fast at the end, but i'm going to try to whip up a new 4 miler as i'm not very confident with either of mine

Times Two Turkey - Follow Flanders will forever be my worst enemy after that. Heart breaking to see her come second again, but that's racing. Might try the 3, 3 for her next week and if she does well there i may be looking at my gold cup horse.

Eighteen Carrot Love Affair - The only real disappointment of the week, mind you she's not a hurdler so i can't get too worked up. Chasing next week to see how good she is

Another satisfactory week for me

Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:12 pm
Group 3 winner

all about watching sandra this for me but she dissapointed finishing in 3rd place well done Hurricane with Chinese Whisper he is top class also Livealittle looks one to beat too

well done to everyone else with winner and places

Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:30 pm
Group 3 winner

RESULT!! I knew missing uni lectures, for other reasons of course might spring a nice bonus!

well done with Diamonds In The Stars Nick impressive first time win

Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:38 pm
Group 3 winner

Angies Delight 6/8
beat in a gr2 and will go h'capping shortly

Green Park 9/9
looks useless 'bang'

Way To Go Pam 4/9
Daughter of Great Pamela and is a chip off the old block
great 4th in a grade 2 renewal of 'Old Roan Chase'

Cottage Spirit 8/11
'bang'

Neartic 9/10
Too far 3m1f will keep closer to 2m4f from now on

Great Pamela 2/12
Magic seasonal debut in a great race 2nd and almost getting back up from leading..the skys the limit for this one...'what a race that was'

Blue Sky 2/11
ran a blinder and is knocking on the door for a win...

Doras Way 8/8
this was too far will keep to 2m bumpers from now on..

Ambiente 10/12
bad horse 'bang'

Ruissec 4/10
nice trial for dist races needs further than this and might be my GN horse this season was staying on well at the end

Thin & Crispy 8/11
might not of trained on will drop to 3m to see how he goes

Great Billing 9/11
not a chip of the old block this one 'bang'

in a week of top races im happy with my results for this week
Saamid looks a monster and the'Charlie Hall' was the race of the week for my money

well done all winners and placers

Paul

Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:14 pm
Group 1 winner

yeah saamid is a nice horse paul but my main aim is to do well at the festival. i will try over the next week to look at horses who like popular distances. Therefore all the horses in my stable who like 2m1f- 2m3f and odd distances like that will be vulnerable to the chop!!

if the cheltenham bumper was over 2m2f-3f id put my entire finances on saamid. The same with the hurdles and chase races, 2mile is just too short.

charlie hall was indeed a cracker, thought nijinsky was blowing it with his jumping at the finish but looks a smart horse

Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:44 pm
Handicapper

Jezz next week is so crappy, in terms of my entries. The season is littered with 2 mile chases! I need 3 milers as i'm a 3 mile stable 8)

Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next