View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 UKRA Week 2 Races 
Group 1 winner

Post UKRA Week 2 Races
http://www.sopl.info/files/tom/season12 ... aweek2.zip

Thanks to Kenny.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:14 pm
Group 3 winner

3 winners!!! I would never of though i'd of had such a smile on my face when they crossed the line in front than I did, especially as Posty won my first ever race in the league :D

Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:36 pm
Group 1 winner

Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:50 pm
Group 1 winner

Well done liam! Well done all winners, haven't seen the races but saw the results, I knew naajeye would improve will go to guineas, both my 2 year olds finished second which I am mighty pleased about along with sambuca and royal book going close but the star has to be johnny!!
I said he wouldn't dissapoint and from the results on tom I think it showed he led from the front and won by 4 lengths? correct me if I'm wrong!! Knew johnny was a machine and any horse will do well to beat him in the gold cup! Oh well off to get gattered now then a trip to wincanton tomorrow, do not back longrow by the way were just in the race for the run and there are some good types in there, will let you know when we think it has a chance...ciao

Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:52 pm
Handicapper

Another horrible week for my horses. I was expecting good things from Lemonade on race 18 but Corenne was too good.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:14 pm
Group 1 winner

nice one liam - feels good doesnt it??!! long may they continue

uk brought me back down to earth after nhc, drew a blank in this league. oh well the ground was awful so next week should be more fruitful. heres hoping anyway.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:19 pm
Group 1 winner

:D well chuffed tho still no winners, but I can see my breeding etc is starting to pay off, ground didnt really suit many of my runners Mahogany All Star dissapointing as my best sprinter... But Monaco Pearl (4th) in the 6th, was so unlucky in running from 3 out and feel that 1.4 is were he's at.. a derby horse ?????? I wish

2yo Wahoo looks like she will win prob over 7f...and a good 2nd with Abrasive Sword who does'nt like the soft, looks promising.....

The rest prob will be filling the retirement slots when available, But glad I have a few new slots in my stable for week 3 to fill.

:D :D

Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:26 pm
Group 1 winner

Well done to all the winners, Kenny, A Cripps, L Durkin, Rich Coats, Billbo Baggio, J Gorman, P Hogan & Nick Driver. Hope I haven’t forgotten anyone.

R1 Native Drive 1st – Very happy with the win but have to give credit also to the runner up Alleged (K Robertson) who was 3kg worse off and was close to victory.

R2 Roya 1st – I’m excited about this horse as she will be entered in The Golden Jubilee at Royal Ascot in week 7. Very good effort by the runner up Magnum Aly (L Gorman).

R6 Jeune 1st – Good Derby & Oaks trial and the first 6 are right in it. The heavy going can play havoc so anyone from the top group can turn the tables. Thought Monaco Pearl (R Hills) was a little unlucky. Happy with my horse as she has a great chance to win the Oaks although still early days and there are other contenders (including the Derby) who didn’t race here today, such as Full Flight (Ryan), Amys (A Cripps) & Lions Den (D Robertson) the main dangers. Can they handle Epsom? What will the track be? Will the back markers get clear running? Will the horse feel good on the day? Can’t wait for week 6!!!

R9 Great Vision 3rd – My horse just could not stay the trip. He was beaten by classy horses. Full credit to the winner in Binocular (K Robertson), very good horse.

R11 River Dancer 7th – Flopped. No explanation as to why she raced like that as she is much better. Nevertheless Ninette 1st (K Robertson) seems to have a bright future ahead of her as she dealt with her rivals with class.

R13 Freedom Fighter 1st – Happy she won here as she was unlucky last start as she missed the break. Her win looked emphatic but she does love the wet. Hoping to turn the tables on classy filly Royal Engagement (D Robertson) next week in the Fred Darling Stakes. It will be a hard race to win.

R14 Perfect Rhythm 1st – Won well here, got the perfect run, bowled along in front and the ace up his sleeve was that he loves the wet. Hoping he can keep it up. Can’t wait to meet Storm Alert again (K Robertson).

R15 Galleon 1st – Good effort by this horse and happy he won although the runner up To The Rescue (G Gibbons) was held up just as he was about to make his challenge 200m out. So I feel a little lucky here.

R17 Speedito 1st – Good win here and able to hold off the challenge of New Approach (Ryan) with a little help as that horse was blocked for about 100m before getting clear running to only just go down.

R18 Eurythmic 2nd – Gutted that she came 2nd but that’s racing. She started poorly loosing 1 to 1 ½ lengths which eventually cost her the race going down by a head. Wasn’t able to resist the powerful effort of Corenne 1st (A Cripps) who deservedly won the race. Kudos to the winner, very good type and will win again.

Can’t wait till next week!!

Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:31 am
Group 1 winner

Well done to all who got a horse home first, very tough racing!

UKRA WEEK 2 ROUND UP (LINKS RACING)

Race 1 Gaidin - 10th
Very one paced but improved on its non finish with a injury last race!

Race 3 Deathwatch Guard - 2nd
Pleased with the run over this ground should put a good effort in next race!

Race 6 Vale Of Lakes - 7th
Struggling with big fields being a HOLD UP horse needs to go wide or have a lot of luck in running!

Race 9 Bleakness - 4th
Soft ground not suited and back to 1m 2f for next race!

Race 10 Amayar - 1st
Great effort, Wasnt sure if he was the winner when the line came but got up just, 2 year olds all impressed with runs this week very hopefull they will go well this season!

Race 11 Shen Al Calhar - 3rd
Thought this was my best 2yo uploaded by a long way, does not like to be disputed for the lead which may be her un doing. NINETTE very impressive for K Robinson looks like a good one.

Race 14 Golden Dawn - 6th
Tempermental will win a race when you least expect it.

Race 15 Seander - 4th
Solid Race just finds others that are to good.

Race 16 Free Year - 3rd
Nice run again may try a little further as she was staying on well.

Race 17 Jak O The Shadows - 3rd
SHORT OF ROOM ?? The jockey when coming with a great run decides to run up behind the only horse in front of it :roll: . Can see SPEEDITO and NEW APPROACH winning a good race maybe the Guineas? New Approach being the main pick for me if its entered.

Race 18 Corenne - 1st
Thought she was going to hack up but when hitting the front but found the SCATTERS trained EURYTHMIC very tough to defeat, my favorite race this week, had me on the edge of my seat wondering if she would hang on.

Race 20 Shayol Ghul - 1st
Much improved performance showing the form he produces at home, 1m 1f not his true trip with the 1m 2f prefered but his stamina when hitting the front made him see out the race, Interesting!

Race 21 Callender 7th
Described as being horribly one paced on forst apperance, tried over a extra furlong 1m 5f which seemed to bring out a better run up untill the final furlong when he certainly showed its not his trip tiring badly so back to 1m 4f to see what he can do next time out.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:35 am
Group 3 winner

Race 15 Seander - 4th
Solid Race just finds others that are too good.

Hey would you mind awfully old chap if I use that for all my runners so far in both the UK and NH leagues. I know we`re only 2 weeks in so not too bothered with having so many placings but there`s a distinct shortage of winners.
The best is yet to come! Where from, I have absolutely no idea but not giving up on Mission Cuckoo just yet.
At this rate should finish the season with about 6 winners 14 seconds and 34 thirds overall. Well that`s what happens in real life and it`s looking realy familiar.

Ok, on a lighter note 2yo Specialized looked strong, bolted to start and did same in race, reminds me of Loch Song. Look out for 2yo colt Tower Sculptor over a mile, a very exciting prospect, finishes well and stays.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]