View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 TOM is so SLOW 
Handicapper

Post TOM is so SLOW
Its so slow its unusable. :cry:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:46 pm
Group 1 winner

There's also a few bugs which I hope can be sorted out
1: obviously the finances and betting, but this dosen't bug me too much
2: Stable menu, still showing only results from week one, it's fine on individual horse pages.
3: The one which really bugs me is the trainer standings not updated, and showing old ones for individual leagues...

Hopefully you can get this sorted out rich or dodgy, im sure theres more important things in life! Don't want to sound like a moaner, just mentioning what i've found I have problems with in TOM!

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:10 pm
Group 1 winner

Yes agreed on all counts. We are looking into it.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:23 am
Group 3 winner

Getting fed up of being told too many users. How many of us are there?

Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:57 am
Group 1 winner

I thought TOM was just slow yesterday because a lot of people may have been using it, been on there today and all pages loaded in about a second. Friday maybe there is to much activity people checking results and so on?

Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 pm
Handicapper

Post TOM Issues
Hi all

Yes, there are significant issues with TOM's performance. They are two possible explanations:
1. Server side
2. Application (coding)

TOM was rewritten a couple of years ago to accommodate multiple leagues. However, while it did this superbly and added some great new functionality, it has not scaled up well as the seasons have passed. There are considerable issues with the use of views that is contributing to TOM going so slow at least in parts.

I am currently working on a complete rebuild of TOM that hopefully will address these issues and take away some of the major bottlenecks that we are experiencing. The core functionality is close to being ready for testing but the whole functionality will take time to replace. I'm having the same response time challenges with development :)

Once the new TOM is ready to go live, if we still have DB problems, I'll talk to Mark about moving the site to a new server.

I'll post a separate thread when the new version of TOM is ready for testing - some of the main pages should be ready for testing as early as this week.

Cheers

DD

Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:18 am
Group 1 winner

Top lad DD.....Amazing how some of you can put that much work in...It is appreciated massively!

Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:52 am
Group 1 winner

Do you need anyone to input data for previous year’s results etc if needed?? Or will this be automated from one system to the next?

In any case if you need assistance in inputting data I am more than happy to help.

Cheers.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]