View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 UK Week 3 races 
Group 1 winner

Post UK Week 3 races
All of them together

http://www.sopl.info/files/tom/season12 ... aweek3.zip

Comms (drag and drop into same file), absolutely fantastic and well worth downloading. Scatters, Pepsiboy, LAMI and Hurricane Run doing the honours this week. Guess who did which by their accent :lol:

http://www.sopl.info/files/tom/season12 ... 3comms.zip

Sheema Classic comms (i had to convert it to wmv which made the file quite big - 19mb!)

http://www.sopl.info/files/tom/season12 ... macomm.zip

Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:30 pm
Rich the comms for uk week 3 are the Dubai races??/

Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:38 pm
Group 3 winner

After my first winner last week, I thought i'd have even better chances this week - Oohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh how I was WRONG

Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:45 pm
Group 1 winner

That's the way it goes liam, I only had 3 4th's, pretty poor really....

Dancing Soul: 9/12...just not good enough in this class or at all really, had the plum draw...
Play The Stars: 4/10...Much better run! On to the Coronation Cup now, firm ground at epsom should bring the best out of her!
Music Bo: 10/13...Was never going to go close from that draw but encouraging run making ground round the outside, may need 9 furlongs.
San Francisco Fault: 8/13...Didn't get his way up front, up against some much better older horses, should perform much better against 3yo's
Tax Evasion: 13/22...Not too happy after what she showed last time but only had 4 fillies infront so may go close in filly only races..
Johnny Corleone: 4/12...Didn't expect to win, but expected to go closer, was staying on well at the end....needs the maximum 2m4f and can't wait for the gold cup.
Starspangledbanner: 7/17...Tougher race this time round, game attempt though.
Scarlett Red: 6/11...Good run against tough company, will go to the Derby and hoping should get in.
Sambuca 8/12...Not good enough, quite disappointed.
Naajeye: 5/18...Another good run in respected company, will find his race soon although going to attempt a place in the guineas.
Choisir: 8/16...Better runs than before, haven't looked at handicap after race, hoping can get in the ladbroke.
Flying Squad: 11/14...again, not good enough.
Royal Book: 4/9...Not sure what distance he should be running at, should find a race somewhere...
Porsche: 14/22...Had a good draw, yet still not good enough!

Still Johnny needs 2m4f and will go close at ascot, naajeye deserve's a shot at the guineas, play the stars may go close in the coronation and choisir may get in the ladbroke....apart from that pretty poor, although my NHC string are keeping me happy for now!!

Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:58 pm
Group 1 winner

Rich the comms for uk week 3 are the Dubai races??/

Yep, the commentaries are for the big races to give people something to aim for. Ultimately their horses being called home the winner of a feature race!

Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:01 pm
Group 2 winner

Merlene- last, terrible ride from the jockey, he asked her to take the lead far to early, 1m6f stretches her stamina and with that ride she was never going to get the trip.

Homestay- Injured This is a very nice colt, I just hope he recovers from this injury.

Kris S- 2nd Very nice run in his prep for the Derby this 1m3f is on the sharp side for him, he will the extra 1f he will get at Epsom.

Polar Falcon- 2nd As I said before the race the going was to slow and he would find Speedito hard to beat.

Miss Danehill- 3rd nice run considering she need 8/9f next stop the Guineas.

Shamardal- 1st I was expecting him to finish in the first two, near got caught on the line.

Screenwriter- 2nd The stable was looking for a big run from him here, We weren't expecting him to beat Perfect Rhythm who is rated 94 at 9f on good to soft but he surprised us by how close he was to the winner and it was a couple of lengths back to the 3rd horse, he will go for the Guineas next.

Kasbah Bliss- 1st I did comment before the race that I fancied Acung to win here but but as usual horses can make you look like a fool.

Bibibeg- 2nd I honestly thought Monaco Pearl(jockey had him about 6 wide turning into the straight) would win here with Streeter coming home 2nd with Bibibeg fighting it out with 4 or 5 others for 3rd, the jockey had her well placed through out the race and have she may run in one of the oaks trials in the next couple of weeks

Well done to everyone.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:13 pm
Group 1 winner

some of my horses made an expected step up on turf, and i expect them to be better when the ground gets quicker.

bit disappointed with SEA THE STARS but never mind

few lost their maiden tag but will find it much tougher from now on

very pleased with FLY BY RY. I knew he was better than his first 2 runs, hes better than queen victoria who runs well in the us, and the turf helped him show his class. could aim this for the jersey at ascot

Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:17 pm
Group 1 winner

Down with a bump, finally get a winner in the US, and my UK horses flop, terrible week, a few hard luck stories and Monaco Pearl just got pushed wider and wider....was going to the vase next week, but might drop to 1.2.

Well done all winners...Scatters, marvelous job, all I hope is, that all your horses like cut in the ground, too scary if they like it firmer. :wink:

Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:03 pm
Group 1 winner

Your right Anadin most but not all do like the cut in the ground. Need to go now but will do a write up later.

Cheers all.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:24 pm
Group 1 winner

Free Year 6th - Performed better over 2m, did not stay the 2m2f.

Callandor 10th - One Paced.

Vale Of Lakes 4th - Came with lovely run but instead of being switched the the open outside, jockey decided to run her straight into the mount in front causing her to pull up. jockey then decides to pull her into the clear but momentum was lost, 4th very good placing considering the jockeys ride.

Bleakness 11th - Ran very wide no chance with hold up horses if given that much to do.

Shen Al Calhar 1st - Probably the only one who picked her on the tipster challenge, she is a very good prospect when running her race, not surprised she won on her 2nd time out.

Deathwatch Guard 5th - Good effort, will try listed class of race again.

Golden Dawn 8th - Waiting still for that great one race she always has.

Shayol Ghul 4th - Solid 4th place, made to run wide round the bends should go well again.

Jak O The Shadows 4th - Didnt enjoy the G/S ground struggled to pick up.

Gaidin 7th - this was a mistake when uploading, should be covering sprints not 1m races. :oops: will give him a go over less.

Seander 9th - Listed a step to far back to a maiden or handicap.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:26 pm
Gutted, just found a 3yo miler who is 1 1/2 better than my main Guineas chance Persepolis. He ran quite close behind Speedito so this one would have had a great chance. Too late for the Guineas now but maybe find a race for him before the St James Palace.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:03 pm
Group 3 winner

2nd in two photo finishes hurts, especially when Mission Cuckoo looked to have got up on the line, should win a big race before the end of the season.

Specialized ran proper this time, gets a bit worked up but managed to get him to the start ok this week. Will be aimed at all the 2yo sprints.

The rest, Warp East settled nicely but didn`t get the run of the race so will keep to 7f for now. Illiterate Banana, not sure, maybe didn`t see out the trip or hit the front too soon? Wobblies again drawn badly and covered more ground than any other horse in the race will now go hcp`ing.

Forgot about my first Dubai runner Pink Filter, didn`t check him out on dirt and didn`t seem to act on it. Won`t do that again!

Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:22 am
Group 1 winner

Congrats to all the winners and some needed luck to a few unlucky ones.

R1 Juanita Future 1st – Good win here as she raced badly last start and is my best dirt track horse over 1800m. Key here was that she was able to get near the fence early saving ground. Game effort by the 2nd placed horse California Sun and the unlucky 3rd Danger Moon who was held up for a run from the 600m to the 450m mark to be just ¾ lengths from the winner.

R2 Galleon 1st – Got all the breaks up front doing it easily which was big in helping it get victory. The 2nd horse To The Rescue was so unlucky being ½ length back as it was held up for a run from the 400m to the 350m when it was making good ground at the time. Special mention about 6th horse Manetheren who was looking to go forward but didn’t get clear running until the 800m and would have been closer.

R3 Roya 1st – Possibly my most favourite horse in the league. I was really worried about her chances at Meydan going 6 and 7 deep on the turn. Hence I was so happy when she won. Might by pass the week 5 G2 “Duke of York Stks” as she will give her opponents +5kg. She will go straight to the Golden Jubilee in week 7, her targeted race.

R4 Danleigh 1st – In a small field she was always going to be hard to beat. No race is ever easy as they can still miss the break etc.

R5 Redcraze 1st – Always an advantage to get a good draw and had a strong finish as she gets 2200m as well.

R8 Jeune 2nd – Very happy with her performance here as she is not suited to 2800m, but because she raced well I will try her over this distance again. She is my top Oaks horse and that is her main goal. The winner Coca Cola was just too good outstaying my horse the last 100m. Coca Cola’s victory was emphasised by the fact that it didn’t get clear running from 1050m to 950m. One to follow.

R11 Riverdancer 15th – Flopped. Just can’t work this filly out. Others just too strong for her. Well done to the winner You Too with Specialized, Canny Lass, & Full Throttle who will all be battling it out in future.

R14 Speedito 1st – Good win here. Winner over 1400m and 1600m.

R15 Freedom Fighter 1st – Excellent race to watch as there were 5 live chances with 250m to go. Good effort by the first 5 place getters as Freedom Fighter appreciates the cut in the ground. A special mention to the 4th horse Shiver who was blocked for a run when making good ground from the 600m to 500m mark. Would have troubled the winner.

R16 Eurythmic 1st – Cut in the ground helped here and what a mighty effort by 2nd horse Lost Angle who was ¼ length back and came to Eurythmic again the last little bit but the post was too near.

R18 Favelon 8th – At 1000m is unsuited but take nothing away from the winner Shamardal who was just too good. Others to follow are Mission Cuckoo and Q T.

R19 Perfect Rhythm 1st – Good win here only just being able to outstay first timer Screenwriter.

R21 Great Vision 2nd – Honest type who is always near but just can’t crack it for a win. Give credit to Fly By Ry for his victory, smart type.

R22 Streeter 1st – Had to hold off a few challengers when it hit the lead and just hung on to win. Will be entering this horse for the Derby as it was a good trial for that race. Some very good performers in the race like Bibibeg, Northern Alvar, Zee Zee Jamare and Monaco Pearl who was trapped wide.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]