View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Preview - UK Season 12 Week 4 Race 01 2000 Guineas G1 
Group 1 winner

Post Preview - UK Season 12 Week 4 Race 01 2000 Guineas G1
Preview - UK Season 12 Week 4 Race 01 2000 Guineas G1

Track
The 1600m straight trip sees barriers of no importance here. While there have been may runners over the distance the track condition of good is seen for the first time for all these runners. This could throw up a few surprises.

Jak O The Shadows (A Cripps)
First start excellent 2nd to Speedito ½ length back when raced a little wider than that horse and come home a little stronger over 8f. Second start solid effort 3rd to Speedito and New Approach ½ length back over same distance but was slightly held up. Last start over 7f 4th to Speedito 1 ½ lengths back. Better suited over 8f and is a danger horse.

Persepolis (J Gorman)
First start raced over 7f, nice effort on heavy going 6th to Native Drive 2 ½ lengths back. Then last start over 7f again 3rd to Speedito and Polar Falcon 1 ¼ lengths back. Untested over 8f but is a smart type. Consider.

Lost Angle (D Robertson)
First start disappointing 12th to Eurythmic over 8f and beaten well that day. Then second start over same distance last to Speedito well back. Third start effort was a bottler over 8f just going down to Eurythmic ¼ length back and doing its best work over the last 100m. Two failures over the dirt and very good performance over turf indicate it is a turf horse. Go on last start performance. Right in this.

Screenwriter (K Robertson)
At only start over 9f huge run to just go down to Perfect Rhythm by ¼ length. Not tested over 8f but if going on previous performance it will definitely stay the trip. Is from astute stable and is the dark horse. Watch the betting ring for clues. Don’t dismiss.

Heavyweight (Andy Morgan)
At only start well beaten by Perfect Rhythm and Screenwriter over 9f. Not tested over 8f and on last start performance hard to see it here. Outsider.

Master Blaster (Ryan)
First start, even run when 6th to Eurythmic over 8f, back 3 ½ lengths but raced wide. Second start ran home well 5th to Native Drive on the heavy going beaten 2 lengths. Third start ran home well again over 8f with a little give in the ground when 2 ½ lengths 4th to Eurythmic always gaining some ground on the leader late. Stable has been open to the fact that its horses don’t perform as well over the softer going. Look for sharp improvement here with the going good. From high performing stable and could be knockout horse. Respect.

Hatian Prince (R Coats)
First start safely held when 4th to Eurythmic 2 ¾ lengths back and at second start lost all chance when badly checked coming 13th to Native Drive over 8f. Going on first start effort is not too far away so might sneak a place.

Savvy (D Archibald)
First start good effort when 5th to Speedito over 8f and 1 ¼ lengths back and second start over 7f found them too tough coming last. Was a little out paced over the shorter distance and much better suited over 8f. Place chance.

Najeeye (N Driver)
First up found the company a little too tough when 14th to Speedito over 8f. Second up same distance, improved performance and good run when 4th to Native Drive being only 1 ¾ lengths back on the heavy going. Last start found the first two Eurythmic and Lost Angle too strong over the mile where it was safely held into 5th place. Outsider.

Babylon (Kevcon)
First run was pleasing when 10th to Speedito, racing a little wide and getting a blocked run when making its move. Second run was very good running from a rear position and making ground all the way in the heavy conditions to only go down to Native Drive coming 3rd 1 ¼ lengths back. Then last start found the first 2 Eurythmic and Lost Angle a little too strong running a good 3rd. Good place chance.

Abrasive Sword (Green Park Racing)
First run found them a touch to speedy when 9th to Polar Falcon over 7f. Then at second start improved run over same distance working home well over concluding stages to be 2nd to Freedom Fighter 1 ¼ lengths back on the soft going. Last start found them too strong coming 8th to Speedito over the 7f trip. All its efforts have been over 7f and its form has been mixed. Outsider.

Extra Slim (Hemz)
First start found them a little too good when 10th to Eurythmic over 8f and second start ran home well 1 ¼ lengths 4th to Speedito over the same distance. Last start 12th to Eurythmic but was badly held up a few times at a crucial stage of the race. Forgive last start effort, but has a place chance here.

Tips
I think you cannot go past the 3 from 3 winner here in Speedito. Has to be right up there. Danger horses are Lost Angle who has class, Screenwriter who I would have liked to see him race more, Master Blaster, Persepolis & Jak O Shadows. So my selections are:

1st Speedito
2nd Lost Angle
3rd Jak O Shadows
Danger horsesMaster Blaster & Screenwriter

Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:48 am
Group 1 winner

Had about the same expectation of finishing position for my horse as what you have tipped Scatters, 3RD with JAK O THE SHADOWS, I think any horse beating SPEEDITO will have to run a race that they just might not be able to do again, but i think with what horses are in the field there could be an upset on the cards. SPEEDITO WIN LAY :wink: :)

Great preview mate, keep em coming really adds to the build up of the race for me, cheers!

Last edited by hackett on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:57 am
Group 2 winner

Surely you should get some reward for these great previews?
They are fantastic.

Matt

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:04 am
Same here, makes you look forward to the race more

Keep it up Scatters and gd luck with Speedito, got 20 large on lol

Ground has came perfect for Persepolis and i hope he can get a place but yours will take a bit of beating.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:05 am
Group 1 winner

Thanks, I hope speedito wins because the good going is making me nervous. May all the horses get a good start and clear running. There has been a few hard luck stories so far.

Cheers all.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:39 am
Group 2 winner

Will there be comms for 2000 and 1000 Guineas?
I hope so, makes them more exciting to watch.

Matt

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:48 am
Group 1 winner

I will be doing the comm for the 2000 guineas so i assume there will also be one for the 1000.

looking at the form Speedito looks impossible to beat, hence the banker of the week tag i gave him in the tipster comp. He could easily go all season unbeaten.

The problem with the larger fields at Newmarket is they either split down the sides of the track or they race in one bunch at the far rail. Hold up horses need to hope for the former otherwise hard luck stories will be heard on friday!!

Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:06 pm
Group 2 winner

Great news Ryan. I'm looking forward to the Guineas races even though my horses are not involved.

Matt

Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:36 pm
Group 3 winner

keep em coming

Thnx again for my zillions last week

Guys plz watch the forum as an anouncement will be made shortly

about things happening with the use of some of this money

a few hundred million is about to be spent...

LR

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]