View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 12:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Early Preview - UK Season 12 Week 06 Race 02 English Oaks G1 
Group 1 winner

lucky you getting the ground you want buddy!! its week 6 coming up and im still waiting for fast ground at a big meeting!!

Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:36 pm
Group 1 winner

Amys seems to be the forgotten horse, but i haven't forgotten. It's the one I'm most scared of. I really hope I win the Oaks but if I don't hope you win Hackett. She is a good horse.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:48 pm
We spoke to Joe Gorman on Get On earlier today to get the low down on his Oaks chance Oh So Sharp, here what he had to say

"Im most definately a man who likes to run my mouth off before races, id rather get it wrong before a race than right after. I told you months ago about this filly Matt and you said i was the flats answer to Oliver Brady! She working away nicely, nothing seems to bother this filly at all, we had a heavy downpour in Glasgow last week and the gallops were almost unraceable, I can tell you, the filly went through it like a knife through butter. She drew 4 lengths clear of To the Rescue in an excersise canter and the lads were left speachless. We cant wait to get a run into her tomorrow and find out were we stand with the likes of Jeune. The run should put her spot on for Epsom and its all systems go. Unfortunately Magnum Aly has had a set back and he will be lucky to finish last in the Duke Of York so weve had to accept the loss on him already."

Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:07 pm
Group 1 winner

Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:42 pm
Group 1 winner

The police have now been involved in the case regarding Oh So Sharp's flop in the Yorkshire Cup over 2400m on the weekend. The highly backed runner in this year’s English Oaks put in a bad one and there are rumours that someone got to the horse. A source close to the J Gorman camp heard the distraught trainer say,

"conspiracy, sumone gev Oh SO Sharp a pie before the race"

One of the Epsom Committeemen said "we can't have this sort of thing going on, and I can't believe with all the security we have in place this has happened. Is the trainer sure of his remarks?”

Nevertheless all the drama has deflected away the manner in which Jeune won carrying more weight than her rivals in the Oaks. Many good punters have given the J Gorman filly next to no chance of winning. Many are saying that Amys is the one to beat.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:21 pm
Group 1 winner

Full Flight - course record. If there is any justice in this league she will get a clear run in the oaks

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:12 pm
Group 1 winner

although good to soft damages her chances in a way words cant even describe

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:12 pm
if Oh So Sharp dosent run in the first 3 at Epsom im quitting the League, ive put over 100 hours into my game easy and theyre a bunch of shite in the league so there not much point, by the time id have anything decent SO5 will be out.

How can one persons horses be so dominant, dont understand that, you must be in to season 300 or sumfin. Should have listened to Rivers on the first day!

Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:17 am
Group 1 winner

joe alot of trainers have put that much time in - your horses are so much better than my first season lot so i think it would be a shame for you to throw the towel in, you will without doubt win many group 1s if you keep on the way you are!!!

scatters puts a hell of a lot of time into his game, very maticulously sets up a game before he gets into breeding by scouting for very good game horses to begin with. ask him about it he has put alot of stuff on this thread over the past year.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:54 pm
Can't remember what I said now!
You can win races, but maybe at a lower level.
Just had a look at Steve's stable after his comment on another thread, he won a handicap off 62 with Darabaka.
That's probably why he is frustrated with the handicap system. He knows the limits of his horses.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:42 pm
Well i was trying to line one up for a lower level race and it got put up 9 pounds for finishing 7th of 10 so thats out the window now.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:49 pm
Group 1 winner

Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:00 pm
no where else to go! i could have ran him over 6 furlongs but trying to play it by the book, two runs over a trip close to the handicap he will be running in and the only race was the dante....

Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:03 pm
League is top heavy with group races - needs more maidens and handicaps. Will Rich listen, not a chance.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3