View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Delayed weather forecast 
Group 1 winner

Post Delayed weather forecast
Sorry chaps, weather forecaster here, went on a bender in York, 3 pints of lager and I was plastered. Anyway, woke up in the middle of an almighty rainstorm, biblical stuff, cats dogs and 3 different species of trout coming from the sky. Anyway, I can tell you, won't be anything but heavy ground at York this week.

Caught the train to Beverly, short trip from York and would you believe it, no rain at all. Ground is riding on the firm side. Same for Sandown which has been experiencing it's least rainy Autumn for 40 years.

Newbury must have been caught somewhere inbetween and my spies tell me we have good racing ground. Over at the Curragh we have a report from Rishi Persad who's got AOB on the mike,

"Listen Rishi, we've got good racing ground out there and my filly likes good racing ground. You know, we've been bringing her on nice and slow and she might need the run but she'll like the ground"

The big NH race at Newcastle will be run on yielding ground which should suit the antepost favourite Sandra Bullock. It's probably a little bit softer at HQ and I've had a tip that Zara is going to go very close here. I've got no idea where Kelso is but the RP tells me it's good racing ground.

Back to Rishi now who's with AOB after his filly has finished stone last.

"Listen Rishi, she hated the ground, why couldn't they water it like at Punchestown? It's ridiculous Rishi but we'll probably pack her off to stud now"

Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:07 pm
Group 1 winner

brilliant stuff except for the heavy ground at york - 0 uk winners for me in week 5!!

Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:11 pm
Group 3 winner

glad sandra as finally got good to soft ground next week and i will be dissapointed if she dosnt win

Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:30 pm
Group 1 winner

Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:23 am
Group 3 winner

Sounds about right, got soft ground here in W.Yorkshire after early morning frosts thaw early. Had plenty rain and no drying out. Only have to walk the back garden to know the going at Wetherby :P.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:43 am
Quite happy with Heavy ground at York as my main runner there Magnum Aly will love it. His second to Roya in the Cammidge dosent look to bad after Dubai and Rich's Gold Coin could be the danger again but we beat that one on good to soft last time. If Magnum Aly gets the lead, he wont get beat!

Good ground at the Curragh is fine for the wonder filly, would have prefered it on the faster side but she goes on anything really and good ground is fair for all. Realistically, id be happy if she ran in the first 3 and secure her place in the Oaks with a run under her belt but really, ill be dissappointed if she dosent go very close to winning.

Looking for a good run from Barcelona in the Silent Witness Maiden with the intention of going for the St James Palace and good ground is perfect for him.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]