View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The Real UKRA Week 4 Races 
Group 1 winner

Post The Real UKRA Week 4 Races
Have been cancelled until I can rename all New Approach's horses after famous Rangers players.

http://www.sopl.info/files/tom/season12 ... aweek4.zip

Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:07 pm

was only a joke!!!

well done for getting them up eventually, gawnna sit back and enjoy

Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:09 pm
Group 1 winner

Thanks to Kenny, John and Ryan this week. Some great comms in the Guineas

Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:10 pm
Group 1 winner

quality comm that was on the 1000 guineas John!!world class

highlight of the week for me was Marching Queen finishing 3rd in that race, cracking run. the rest were disappointing

Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:26 pm
Group 3 winner

The aptly named Shit Hot was certainly not on 3 runs in maidens, but it looks to be thrown in on debut in the handicap coming from back to front easily to score in the Victoria Handicap

A slowly ran affair paid the chances of Sammy Bear a massive blow early on in the Chester Cup. The track probably wouldn't of suited either with the tight turns for a thorough stayer, but staying on 3rd eventually will do for this week.

Posty looked back to winning ways in the Juvenile Listed Stakes, but fighting with other horses for the lead early ensured a late finish from the winner only meant second place, though faring easily the best of the prominent horses is a positive.

Fleurberry Stakes was won by a canny ride by Will Buick on the winner, [/b]Acung was never nearer than just over half length at line but always seemed to be held. Yet again another slowly ran race though, with the winner making all and the track not being ideal - so positives again.

Double Em in the Palace House Stakes yet again this far too hard. Possibly finding it hard when not having a soft lead, also straight tracks not looking ideal for his tactics either. Have to keep running him and find the key, I know he can win races as he showed on debut.

A poor run in a level which is probably above him, plus a trip seemingly not ideal, for
Dark Promise at Sandown in the Classic Trial. Hopefully get him handicapping soon at slightly further too.

Finally,
Alerted looked really, badly, outpaced in the Welcome Nursery. Running on, late though under no sort of ride picking up 2 or 3 places seems promising for a race over 6f somewhere next week.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:33 pm
Group 3 winner

Major BEEP up whilst trying to be fancy! Haha

Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:35 pm
Group 1 winner

Average week, one winner good enough for me.... Watch out for Music Bo & Starspangledbanner who were both very positive....

Naajeye: 9/13...What was dettori doing putting it in behind Lost Angel when it was retreating like that...poor ride.

Sambuca 9/15...expected a showing like that, will be looking at the heritage handicaps.

choisir: 15/17...My sprinters are nowhere near as good as I thought, got to get to work on them!

Play The Stars: 6/9...better than the position states and good run, beginning to feel sorry for To The Rescue!!

Flying Squad 3/6...much better than I expected, probably just about good enough in this class.

Dancing Soul: 7/16 Really pleased with that run, again hopeful of a handicap somewhere.

Tax Evasion 7/14...ran into a brick wall, will go better over 6, was staying on well.

San Francisco Fault 10/10...not good enough, needs an uncontested lead and much firmer ground.

Scarlett Red: 13/14 another victim of a shocking ride, had the rail then ended up widest of the lot in the final bend...

Porsche: 1/6 ahhh much better!!! Will now go to the oaks!

Starspangledbanner: 6/13 Great run from a wide draw to finish 6th, will definetly go to one of the ascot races.

Music Bo: 5/14...raced 4 wide all the way round from stall 14 and was infront with 0.5 of a furlong left!!....Keep on the right side of this horse.

Royal Book: 6/10...Staying on, possibly does need 2m+

Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:40 pm
Well done to all the winners, and great commentary as always from Ryan and Scatters.

Very dissappointed with my runners this week except from To The Rescue who ran another great race giving 7 pounds to a good filly, Coronation Cup is next for him.

Persepolis - didnt get a run at all in the Guineas but he wouldnt have troubled the winner - wont run again, retired.

Alaska - jumped out well but jockey decided to take 3 tugs on a filly whos been slow away on her first 2 starts, was puzzled by that. wont race again - retired.

Dabat Cave - expected alot better - retired

Sun Inn - expected much better, one more chance in the Lockinge but wont be expecting anything.

Ribot - dont know how he ran so badly, loves the firm ground and although he needs 1m4, i expected him to be in the first 5 at least. Not very good from my Derby horse

Zarablast - not even in my top 5 1m4 fillies now and she should never have been uploaded - wont race again

Strike Now - ran ok but expected better, she will race again as i dont have anything better at 1m2

Sea Bird - ran better than I expected as he dosent go on soft ground and was drawn widest at Chester - wont race again.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:58 pm
Group 1 winner

BINGO... first winner in the UK, CANSADA ISLA Cheshire Oaks, just hung on from the unlucky Negative Orbit, I dont think she'll get 1.4, so a tough decision wether to go for the Oaks or go to 1.3 Kraseeva Elvira Sineva Oaks which is only a Gr3 but worth 1/2Mil. Monaco Pearl in the Vase raced wide as usual but he will go to Epsom for the Derby.

The rest flunked, tough to know who to retire out of 8/9 Horses

But a good week. Stables first win in both UK & NHC this week... the stable looks like it is starting to know what its doing :-)

Well done all winners....

Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:02 pm
Group 1 winner

wow im barely gunna have a live chance in usra next week, the races just arent right for my bunch over there. uk though have 14 nominations and i think about 7 of them have massive chances of top 3s at least. would be more if it wasnt heavy ground at york which kills my sprinters

Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:50 pm
Group 2 winner

Fantastic comms John and Ryan :D

Matt

Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:04 pm
Group 1 winner

Ryan your comm was fantastic, very exciting to listen to.

I should start taking lessons from you now :lol:

Seriously excellent stuff mate!!

A well done to all the winners especially Kenny who had 6 winners!! And anadin may there be many more.

For me the highlight was Speedito's win. Believe it or not this horse achieved for me my first UK group 1 success!! I have had a previous one but that was a horse I won at the Donate and Draft. So I didn't breed it or train it up so to speak. Peyton To Marvin won the Golden Jubilee for me in season 11 but all the credit should go to J P Burke who I won the horse of.

So my next goal this season is to win the Golden Jubilee at Royal Ascot. Probably one of my favourite races.

Will do a write up later.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:24 pm
Group 1 winner

hahah john i dont think so!! Im glad everyone enjoys them , looking forward to seein which races ill be doing comms on next week. im thinking id quite like to do the yorkshire cup on flat and either the boylesports hurdle fighting fifth or the tingle creek in the nhc.

im hopeful of a return to form in the nhc next week and also expecting good runs in the uk . USA noms are laughable really - no speciosa rock of gibraltar queen victoria glor na mara . all best horses not running this week

Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:36 pm
Group 1 winner

Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:24 pm
Group 1 winner

Congrats to all winners, Scatters first Group 1 well done mate!

Had a watch of the races and had plenty in with a shout ( 3 4ths, 3 3rds )just wish that the horses could get there runs when coming through bit frustrating when they keep getting blocked and jockey takes a pull, leaving it one paced to the finish line! Noticed that most races are dominated by early pace / handy horses has anyone else? or is it just me?

Bring on next week i cant wait!

Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next