View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The Real UKRA Week 4 Races 
Group 3 winner

Mission Cuckoo, will he ever win? 3rd again.
Specialize, didn`t realise he was so wide drawn, idiot I am, poor bugger ran his heart out for nothing. If I`d had the chance would have told the jockey to take it easy but...
Illiterate Banana seemed to benefit from the drop in trip will try again at the minimum.
Wobblies. Tried I suppose. That`s what happens to jumps bred trying to be flat horses, not good enough by a long chalk.
Can`t remember if I had any other runners to be honest, that`s how good they must have been.

Ryan, not sure how to go pro but I do remember pre Simon Holt they asked CH4 viewers to send a preview tape in of a particular race. Might be an idea to email a few people and send them some files, who knows? If you`ve nothing to lose try it out.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:21 am
Group 1 winner

mate i dont think i would ever send a tape into be fair. scatters is the man for that job. appreciate everyone saying they enjoy them - i enjoy listening to them aswell but theyre way off being good enough for real races. altho i do think real races would be easier - its really hard to comm on so4 because the race unfolds so fast it is hard to keep up and sometimes u can only see half the field.

in the 2000 guineas before i knew it it was 2f out!!

Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:54 am
Group 1 winner

At higher levels of go kart racing they say it is the breeding ground of F1 drivers!!. Well SO4 might become the breeding ground of future top notch race callers all over the world. We might start a trend!!!! I can just see them interviewing the top race callers years from now..... question, so where did you get you race calling training? Why SO4 of course! SO4 you say? Whats that? That's the worlds best kept secret and training tool!!!

Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:52 am
Group 2 winner

Will you just stick to the flat comms John, or will you give it a go on the NH?

All of the commentators are VERY good, I like the different styles you all have.

Keep up the excellent work.

Matt

Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:01 am
Group 1 winner

I think I'll just stick to the flat for now. I really don't know too much about the NHC. Maybe sometime down the track.

Cheers.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:07 am
Group 2 winner

Ryan your comm was fantastic, very exciting to listen to.

I should start taking lessons from you now :lol:

Seriously excellent stuff mate!!

A well done to all the winners especially Kenny who had 6 winners!! And anadin may there be many more.

For me the highlight was Speedito's win. Believe it or not this horse achieved for me my first UK group 1 success!! I have had a previous one but that was a horse I won at the Donate and Draft. So I didn't breed it or train it up so to speak. Peyton To Marvin won the Golden Jubilee for me in season 11 but all the credit should go to J P Burke who I won the horse of.

So my next goal this season is to win the Golden Jubilee at Royal Ascot. Probably one of my favourite races.

Will do a write up later.

Thanks John, my flat stables were on fire this week I had 19 runners between my UK and US stable 8 first, 7 second and 4 third every runner finished in the first three, limited options next week in both my UK and US stables I may run some with a view to going a place at best. Most of the time I only run my horses if I think they will win that way they should at least get a place, That said I have had runners against your stable knowing I would be looking at 2nd place at best, I don't want to retire any of my horses just yet as some have not had race conditions that tick all the boxes for them.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:42 am
Group 1 winner

Me too!! I don't want to retire my lot because I want a caree type of game from the league but thats just my preference.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:42 am
Group 1 winner

R1 Speedito 1st – Love this horse and likes the good or better going. Screenwriter got close to him. Next start will be in the 2000 Irish Guineas.

R2 Eurythmic 4th – Missed the start again, and definitely cost her the race. But very glad to see Miss Danehill win it with good performances from Royal Engagement and Marching Queen. I just trailed Eurythmic 30 times in the ck and she missed the break only once. In the league she has raced 4 times with 2 missed starts?? Another one of mine that gets nervous on race days lol. Will be headed to the 2000 Irish Guineas.

R7 Great Vision 1st - Happy with this horse. Three previous placings and finally gets a win here. Will head to the Juddmonte Lockinge Stks.

R8 Perfect Rhythm 2nd - Liked its effort but what about the winner Archlord. A star in the making. My colt likes the cut out of the ground so will enjoy the heavy going at York in week 5.

R12 Red Planet 3rd – Missed the break and cost it any chance of winning. Full credit to the winner Casada Isla. Will be going to York next week as it likes the heavy going.

R13 Streeter 1st – Very good performance in view of the Derby. Got a nice run on the fence saving ground and got the gaps when needed. Luck was his side today. Will send him next to tackle the Yorkshire Cup over 2800m to toughen him up for the Derby.

R16 Jeune 2nd – The winner Merlene was just too strong and is a very good type. Happy with my filly as she is more suited to 2400m and will back her up next week in the Listed Curragh Turf Race.

R19 Native Drive 1st – Super effort by this horse as it appreciated the cut out of the ground. This horse will be very hard to beat on the soft going.

R20 Freedom Fighter 1st – Top effort despite missing the break and still winning. She is a classy type.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2