View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 TOM 11 - more testing 
Handicapper

Post TOM 11 - more testing
Hi all

More testing. I have released a very limited version of TOM that covers the core horse info
- preferences
- form
- stakes
- career record

I've disabled all the other useful bits eg uploads, retire/transfers altho they are ready for beta testing.

However, if the horse data is wrong this will flow through to all the other parts of TOM including race noms.

Can you please check to see if your horse details are correct. Any other feedback appreciated.

http://www.sopl.info/sopl/tom11/index.php

Thanks

DD

Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:54 am
Group 1 winner

Just a quick reply. My 4yo mares are refered to as filly when they should mares (very minor error), and I believe my horses earning are incorrect eg Redcraze won the Dubai world cup and 1st prize money is 3,600,000 and in TOM 11 it is showing a total of 1,944,000. This is just for one horse. Also in the US Danleigh has won 4 races but is only showing 3. Also Juanita Future is showing placings of 161 when it should be 1611.

Every thing else seems ok.

Do you want me to give you a more comprehensive run down of all my horses earnings dave??

Thanks heaps Dave!!!!

Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:40 am
Group 2 winner

There are a few stables showing they have more than 15 horses for each league, when I click on 'view all stables'.
Cant see any more problems at moment, will check again later.

Good work

Matt

Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:49 am
Group 1 winner

Matt for some reason in view trainers screen it shows I have 17 horses but in reality I only have 15 so it is displaying it incorrectly. Dave can probably sort it out.

John

Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:00 am
Group 3 winner

just a heads up visa vie the extra runners in some stables

this maybe due to rewards,bonuses or prizes of an extra space in stable

for say winning a championship etc.

but it could also be caused by bugs in TOM

just something to keep in mind for more than 15 runners stables??

TOM is good for most tests but still not showing true form in trainer details

LR

Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:42 pm
Group 1 winner

Scatters, I may be wrong if you're playing in the US and it's different, but I always thought it was a universal term. A female horse becomes a mare at 5yo, so at 4yo it's still a filly. If TOM is showing this then it is correct.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:23 pm
Handicapper

Post Fillies & Mares
As I understand it, it's an interesting difference between the hemispheres.

In OZ & NZ, fillies are up to and including three years, while in the Northern hemisphere I think it's up to and including four years. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Stakes - I should have pointed out that it's a lot more complicated than it seems. Stakes are entered in TOM in the currency of the host country hence when displaying the currency has to be converted to one currency. I've used the UK pound as the standard currency but I have forgotten to convert stakes won by horses based in the US to $$.

To get around the performance issue creating form on the fly, form is now processed so it may be that I've simply not processed a week's results. I'll have a closer look and see what's happening with Danleigh.

Any other specific examples - league/horse/race etc would really help.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:32 pm
Handicapper

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filly

Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:43 pm
Handicapper

Hi Dave
There are a few stables showing they have more than 15 horses for each league, when I click on 'view all stables'.

Very simple problem - the SQL statement didn't filter out retired horses in the tally. Hopefully it's accurate now.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:19 pm
Handicapper

believe my horses earning are incorrect eg Redcraze won the Dubai world cup and 1st prize money is 3,600,000 and in TOM 11 it is showing a total of 1,944,000.

Do you want me to give you a more comprehensive run down of all my horses earnings dave??

See my other comment re converting to UK pound then for US horses I'll need to convert to US dollars. Once i"ve done that, it would be great to have a thorough check.

Scatters wrote:
Also in the US Danleigh has won 4 races but is only showing 3. Also Juanita Future is showing placings of 161 when it should be 1611.

There's a logic problem with the script that processes the form which I obviously hadn't picked up in testing. I've rerun the script with the same problem coming up :)

I'll do some more testing and see what I can find.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:38 pm
Handicapper

Also in the US Danleigh has won 4 races but is only showing 3. Also Juanita Future is showing placings of 161 when it should be 1611.

Luckily another simple problem - long may it continue!

The script was only looking for races in each league so horses that raced out of their native league were affected. I've changed the script and hopefully this is now sorted.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:20 pm
Group 3 winner

Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:22 am
Handicapper

Note that somehow in fixing the other problems, i've nuked the career stakes.

Back to the test lab!

Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:49 am
Group 1 winner

Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:22 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Fillies & Mares
DodgyDave wrote:
As I understand it, it's an interesting difference between the hemispheres.

In OZ & NZ, fillies are up to and including three years, while in the Northern hemisphere I think it's up to and including four years. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Stakes - I should have pointed out that it's a lot more complicated than it seems. Stakes are entered in TOM in the currency of the host country hence when displaying the currency has to be converted to one currency. I've used the UK pound as the standard currency but I have forgotten to convert stakes won by horses based in the US to $$.

To get around the performance issue creating form on the fly, form is now processed so it may be that I've simply not processed a week's results. I'll have a closer look and see what's happening with Danleigh.

Any other specific examples - league/horse/race etc would really help.

Thanks for that, I wondered if it might be different, I noticed after I posted that Scatters is in AUS. Anyway, I remember reading about that now, after Matt Chapman (sp?) was talking about AUS racing and called a 4yo a mare, I just assumed he was stupid ( :lol: ), then read about it and realised he was right! Ugh, the whole world should work like the UK does... Well, in racing at least! :wink:

Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]