View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 9:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 I'm Terrible!! 
Handicapper

Post I'm Terrible!!
I'm having trouble improving my stock. I've gotten into a funk breeding most of the same homebreds to each other (trying not to inbreed), and I get a bunch of 1m 2f horses to 1m 4f horses and they aren't improving. It seems that my horses from 10-15 seasons ago are just as good as these nags. Lately I've been browsing the daily auction to try to get some new blood into my lines, but that hasn't panned out yet. And if a nice sire comes along in the game, I will breed most of my mares to it.
I can't breed or find a sprinter to save my life. My 1st homebred sprinter still beats 95% of the horses that test him at 6f. I need some help as I feel like I've been spinning my wheels. My best finish in the league is a 2nd place finish, out of 60+ starters, absolutely terrible!
I read earlier that Scatters only breeds with the best stock, horses who are capable of breaking the track records. Any other advice?? Hurricane Run, how did you improve your stock so much from last season?

Thanks!

Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:07 am
Think its just a case of persevere Doza, i know the feeling m8, playing gruelling seasons and the horses not improving much. Im proably not the best person to answer as ive only had 2 winners but i know what your talking about. I just got to season 29 last night and i can say my season 28 2yos were without doubt, the best ive had. i finally found a 1m2 horse who is better than one i imported at the start of of my game.

Try and get rid of mares and stallions who are not prodcuing good CK horses and hope for a bit of luck.

Even try starting a new game m8 cause you could come across a good horse early on and then you could export it into your current game.

My horses To The Rescue is a gamehorse that i didnt breed and into season 29 ive only got a couple who can beat him in the CK so you can get lucky with a good gamehorse.

I get 30 2yos every year and your lucky if 1 can make it into you league sqaud. Its a slog m8 persevere.

Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:04 pm
Group 1 winner

Hi Doza.Joe is pretty much spot on really.
Yeah i guess my horses have improved since last season but also remember that alot of the top trainers from last season have left and therefore i am on more winners than i would of been if they were still around.

I have been so frustrated over the seasons with the lack of progress in my lines , and as Joe says it is just something you have to persevere with. I had no decent sprinters, never mind good ones, and then all of a sudden Mr Magoos Wife turned up who is awesome in the CK and worthy of a place in the league.

Having said this, i lost my game a few days ago. was trying to fix an error with the transfer pool to stop myself from losing tens and tens of horses i was trying to move to a jumps game. Anyway it just messed up my game for some reason and so i currently have no game.

I am currently thinking about whether i will start a new game or not. I believe there will be at least one season more in the league using so4. do i want to go thru loads of effort to set up a new stable for one season, or do i wait for so5 to play again, where i will be on an even keel with the rest of the trainers once again. Its a tough call as I want to compete next season!!

Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:46 pm
Group 1 winner

Start again, You know you will Ryan :) :lol:

Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:08 pm
Handicapper

Thanks for the replies guys! I'm only about 25 or 30 seasons in, so maybe the good ones are just down the road. I do like the idea of starting another game, and possibly transferring anything good from that into the current game. I guess I will just persevere.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:30 am
Group 3 winner

Thanks for the replies guys! I'm only about 25 or 30 seasons in, so maybe the good ones are just down the road. I do like the idea of starting another game, and possibly transferring anything good from that into the current game. I guess I will just persevere.

Definately the best way to go, in fact start a few new games as it`s faster to get through the seasons in a new game. Transfer any good horses to the pool. Easier to start some serious breeding when the pool has grown.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]