View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 6:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The 'real' UKRA Week 6 races 
Group 1 winner

Congratulations to all the winners and placers and a wonderful training performance by Kenny who I think had 6 winners. Well done Kenny!!!

R1 Streeter 2nd – My fellow started slowly but not sure he would have won anyway. Well done to Kenny for training Kris S to perfection and retaining the Derby for the English. The Australian Marauder is determined to win it off the English next season!!! :D

R2 Jeune 3rd – One of the worst jockey performances on one of my horses so far!! Should never have been last with 6f to go. I specifically gave the jockey instructions saying “whatever happens don’t be last and I want you to travel just behind midfield and to challenge early.” Was so confident before the race but Merlene fully deserved the win here and I’m not so sure Jeune would have won anyway. Can’t wait to prise the English Oaks off the English and take it to Australia next season!!! :D

R3 Galleon 1st – Lilly Fa Pootz was the danger horse here and she didn’t disappoint challenging Galleon all the way to the post. It took everything my horse had to win it here. Glad I got one on her as she beat Galleon first up.

R4 Native Drive 1st – Wow I thought Lost Angle was going to go past my bloke but he toughed it out for a good victory. Being inside of Lost Angle around the turns and the cut in the ground definitely helped my horse and was the difference in victory here.

R5 Rustica 10th – The first and second place getters Ninette & Airflow are in a different league to my horse. Just not good enough and will be looking for handicap races for her. Ninette looks like top quality.

R8 Red Planet 1st – Since she was bred in the southern Hemisphere she was always going to appreciate racing at Hastings. But she loves the wet too so everything was in her favour here for a big win.

R11 Rainbow Galaxy 8th – The winner Glad Rags was just too good. Will be looking at handicap races for this one.

R15 Jetstream 2nd – Happy with his first outing finishing 2nd. Glasgow Lady looks quality and we were both in front of a very smart type You Too. Sir Freddie looks the goods too.

R21 Streetcraze 1st – I thought he would perform well but was a bit surprised he won that well. Extra happy that he smashed the track record but have to give some credit to Zoroaster who set a blistering pass throughout.

A special mention of Archlord (Thunderspark), Glasswork (Thunderspark) & Soka Gakkai (Kenny) who all broke track records this week

Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:50 am
Well done to all the winners, and Scatters, the Oaks and Derby went to Scotland m8

Dont think Kenny will be representing England anytime soon! ;)

No winners for me but have to say i was delighted with the way mine ran this week, Ribot ran a cracker in the Derby and if hed had a decent draw who knows... Great call in that race Scaters.

Dissappointed with Oh So Sharp again because I know she is better than Ribot round Epsom, they two pull clear of the pack everytime and she is always on top, anywhere from a neck to a length and a half. But she had a shocking draw and was stuck out wide the whole way so probably ran a good race to finish 5th with the extra hinderance of Philip Makin on her back. Maybe the fillies are stronger than the colts but I dont think weve seen the best of her in the League yet. Good comm Ryan and cheers for the shout ;)

To The Rescue was never going to win round Epsom, the track just does not suit him for whatever reason. He can go with Galleon and Lilly Fa Pootz anyday and i hope they turn up in the BMW.

Well done Ryan with Mr Magoos Wife, that was so close! Was over the moon with Classic Cave running so well against such a highly regarded sprinter. I hope they can meet again at Ascot.

Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:08 am
Group 1 winner

No probs Joe - when i saw Full Flight so far back and so wide I wanted your lass to win it so a newbie could win a classic in their first season. She ran a good race mate !!!

Yeh what a race that temple was ay. i thought your horse was gunna pick her off in the last furlong and it was neck and neck right to the line!!! Think the softish going at Ascot will see my girl weaken in the last 1.5f but i just hope she runs a good race and comes nearer the front than the back!!

Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:01 pm
Group 1 winner

I really need to start trialling at Epsom, it's such an odd course and suited to very specific running styles and horse types...

Well done to all winners though!

N3W_4PPROACH wrote:
Well done to all the winners, and Scatters, the Oaks and Derby went to Scotland m8

Dont think Kenny will be representing England anytime soon! ;)

Scottish winner = Great British winner

Scottish losers = Scottish loser

William Wallace would be so proud...

Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:15 pm
Group 1 winner

One winner this week in a 5f maiden with Deathwatch Guard, any win is hard to come by now as these handy/ early pace horses are just machines!

Amys ran a good 6th in the Oaks but again the early pace horses are just to scary, they stay the trip so well at a good speed that hold up horses with quick finishes just dont get anywhere near them. Noticed a lot of the top trainers seem to have more handy horses then not so maybe thats the way to go for next season!

What price would you have got Kenny on that Derby/Oaks Double?

Plus the impressive Ninette is just awesome the way it destroyed the field in the sprint was outstanding.

Amys going for Group 2 this week over 1m 4f and has the same company it seems with Oh So Sharp, Jeune and others should be interesting to see what reult that throws up see whos horse just did not like Epsom maybe.

Good Luck All for next week. Still not unearthed no new talent to upload, 2 seasons done in last week odd and not one single horse to show for it :cry: .

Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:06 pm
Group 3 winner

Shame Kenny hasnt entered Ninette in the 2yo 6f race at ascot against
SOLWHIT, Probably a good job as it would definately have been a
MISMATCH!! :lol:

Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2