View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 6:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Royal Ascot 
One day my good chances will get a decent draw and ill get another winner on the board but its the same old this week, carpark city.

Persepolis is one of my better chances in the Royal Hunt Cup, seems to really like Ascot and the ground is perfect for him. Been very dissapointing last twice but I think this race will be perfect for him and hes well handicapped.

I did fancy Press The Button strongly in the Jubilee but got drawn 17 of 17 and the pace horse Roya is drawn 3 so will need a miracle to have any chance from there.

Magnum Aly has a great chance in the Wokingham, I know Kenny fancies Smolensko strongly but I said before the York race, The Magnum would be lucky to finish last, for some reason he cannot run at York. So I was amazed that he finished 3rd, especially seeing as he is an out and out front runner and came from behind that day. Im convinced he would have won that race on any other track. 6f Soft ground at Ascot is ideal and he will be able to go from the front. To me, he is a winner without a penalty and is my best hope of a winner. Again, he is drawn widest off all but he makes his own pace so it might not matter.

Oh So Sharp will run a good race as always, stuck wide all the way in the Oaks and finished 5th. Jeune and Golden Coat have penalties to contend with and ill be bemused if Oh So Sharp is out of the 3.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:51 pm
Handicapper

still disappointed regarding the ground but it will be a cracking watch.
can i request the geordie bloke for commentary if were getting any.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:54 pm
Group 1 winner

im from newcastle but do i really have a geordie accent?? dont think i do lol

Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:29 pm
Handicapper

oh is it you, cracking commentaries, just edge the aussie bloke but he is good as well. if u get it try and get the phase "johnny corleone is weakening and millennium mephisto is bursting through", because thats the way the race will pan out!

Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:38 pm
Group 1 winner

last week i did the oaks and the challow novice hurdle . this week im doing the queen anne, gold cup and bona na nara hurdle

Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:48 pm
Handicapper

Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:49 pm
Group 1 winner

Pshhhh more like "Johnny Corleone has left them 5 lengths behind, this is a demolition, destruction, utter rout!!"

Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:16 pm
Group 1 winner

just done the comm for this race, really hope i do it justice for you guys coz i know how much your eagerly awating this race and the excitement surrounding it!!

Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:54 pm
Group 1 winner

The excitement is building!! Meanwhile any news on the US races and when we are expecting them?

Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:08 pm
Handicapper

i bet something comes along and does both our horses nick!
the confidence is ebbing away the more i trail her on good to soft at ascot. one race she wins by lengths then in another half way down the field. think it all depends on the ride she is given.
ill probably be berating luke morris come friday evening.

if high volume wins its a farce because the ascot gold cup is for 4yo+.

the schedule needs changing a lot next season, quite a lot of mistakes with NH, hennessy and paddy power not being handicaps.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:27 pm
Here Steve, you also told us Celestial Halo was great value!

Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:58 pm
Group 1 winner

Agreed lol, I have nothing else that can really go over 2m4f, only other is royal book who is in the ascot stakes so his run will tell me quite how good johnny is...But not sure, confident johnny will place though! US Races anywhere to be seen! Im bored solid!

Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:00 pm
Group 3 winner

Hey guys, your sounding less and less confident the closer race day gets, forget about backing your donkeys......I'm sure there will be a BETTER GAMBLE to be had in the race!!! :lol:

Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:06 pm
Group 1 winner

wait and see on friday steve, i wont give anything away

Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6