View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 10:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Royal Ascot 
Group 1 winner

Post Royal Ascot
I know it's a bit early in the week yet and I probably have much more important things to be getting on with, but as I will be staying up laaaate for the cricket I was thinking of doing a FULL Royal Ascot preview to get everyone going.....Well Race 1-18 anyway the main Ascot races sort of thing.....If everyone wants me to do it then I will get started once Nominations are closed!

Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:43 pm
Group 3 winner

Yeah nick do it, used to love the previews that steve and some of the others used to do, can we get some odds up asap as well, don't want joe smashing into any of my newbies b4 I can!!! :lol:

Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:47 pm
Group 1 winner

Will do it as soon as and then amend it when rich has taken the runners which aren't up to group/handicap run rules and hopefully jockeys and weights are up.....

Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:12 pm
Handicapper

ill be up with the cricket too nick! got 11/4 on betfair for england. keep the rain away!!
i know your excited about getting another 2nd in the Gold Cup but don't get too carried away.

Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:21 pm
Group 1 winner

You get 11/4 for just this test or the series?? Haha we'll see!

Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:58 pm
Handicapper

got evens for the series

Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:06 pm
Group 1 winner

result! awesome price....evens is a bit dodge for the series though....hopefully get 5/600 then have 2 days to bowl em out!

Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:16 pm
Handicapper

well got evens to regain the ashes so level series wins that one.
england will win the series at a canter tho.
i think the wicket will turn today, we'll be bowled out but easily win this test, as millennium mephisto will easily win the gold cup!

Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:33 pm
Group 1 winner

Ahh that's not so bad then, got through the first two races, taken me an hour and a half and i'm only doing summaries lol!! Probably be ready by tuesday latest dependent on uni work as I want to get some of the cricket in!

Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:48 am
Group 1 winner

can we not get some previews as they are done nick bud?

Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:09 am
Handicapper

i am seriously looking forward to your gold cup preview.
kings stand and queen anne will be good too.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:20 am
Group 1 winner

Ok Here's my Coventry Stakes and Kings Stand Previews

COVENTRY STAKES 6F Group 3

15 Line up for the first race of Royal Ascot and it could be a cracker....4 winners in the field and these could be battling out the finish....Firstly the proven performers....AIRFLOW had a bad start to the season but has impressed lately winning at newbury and 2nd at epsom ahead of a few of these including VESTRE SVARTISEN & FAITHFUL FRIEND
who have been there or there abouts but may have to play second fiddle to airflow again. There are 2 horses who have only come out once but have both won their maidens in AMAYAR
and GLAD RAGS...The aformentioned won a good race in the soft ground, so will handle the ground here but unsure on how strong the form of that race is. GLAD RAGS won a solid 7f maiden
extremely well and the form of that race is slightly stronger but the trainer does have reservations about how the horse will fare over Ascot....Plenty of horses have come over
from the US such as Grade 3 winner FEATHERS FILLY who has impressed but is untried over the turf and FUN NEWS who has been solid and consistent in behind FEATHERS FILLY but
despite that the US form dosen't really look as strong as the UK form. Respect must be given to newcomers CRUZ CHART, EUREKA STOCKADE, SOLWHIT & TRAFALAGAR and the trainers of
these think they could go really well but I would be tempted to have a gamble on GLAD RAGS...Won a solid maiden really well over further
Will definitely stay, should handle the ground and will have to be one of GLAD RAGS better days round Ascot....David Robertson's AIRFLOW might have to settle for second
but will run the winner close along with maiden winner AMAYAR.

Prediction
1: GLAD RAGS
2: AIRFLOW
3: AMAYAR

KINGS STAND 5f Group 1

The first group one of the Royal meeting and 17 line up for what looks like a star studded race with by my estimates at least 8 or so horses in with a chance.
We will start with the US chances this time and the 4 of them in with a chance are HEROINE, MAMOUNIA HEARTBREAK, RIVIERA FIRE & MOON GIRL. All have picked up a win bar MOON GIRL
who was a good 2nd on debut and may come up short here. RIVIERA FIRE has run twice over 5f winning ahead of MAMOUNIA HEARTBREAK but was behind HEROINE next time out. On the US
form HEROINE could be the one to challenge most with wins and ground under the belt but again unsure on how the US form will stand up to the UK form. Back to the home team's chances
and the two that stand out are SHAMARDAL and MR MAGOO'S WIFE who are both unbeaten group winners and punters have been looking forward to this eyewatering clash for weeks.
Despite that massive respect must be given to MISSION CUCKOO, CLASSIC CAVE & QT who have been so, so unlucky against either of the front two and have always been game for
the challenge and deserve their days in the sun but I don't think this will be it. Last but by certanly no means least of the main challengers is FAVELON out of the top trainer scatters yard and is a big contender with
a G2 win at york lto, despite that was behind a few of these when down the field over 5f. On the form there is noses and short heads between a bunch of these but the big clash is
SHAMARDAL vs MR MAGOOS WIFE and my vote goes to SHAMARDAL who is slightly more proven and the ground is guaranteed to suit. Also going to chuck HEROINE into the mix due to the conditions

Prediction
1: SHAMARDAL
2: MR MAGOOS WIFE
3: HEROINE

Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:55 am
Group 1 winner

great stuff buddy. i wish i thought you were wrong about Mr Magoos Wife but unfortunatley i think the ground kills her chances beacuse of the noses and short heads which as you say will be the difference. GF or better id be super confident

Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:03 am
Group 1 winner

St James Palace Stakes Colts Only 3yo Group 1

Another good race on the cards in the Mile Group 1 for the colts.
5 of the top 6 from the 2000 Guineas Reoppose, top 4 from the irish
equivalent also reoppose and 4 of the top 5 reoppose from the silver bowl.
Which means only one thing and that this will be a tasty race...We start with
the horse's name which is on everyones lips and SPEEDITO. Unbeaten in 5
including the English and Irish 2000 Guineas and is dominating the colts
mile scene....Proven winner on the ground and if takes to Ascot like the trainer
thinks he will, he could prove unstoppable...Still the others aren't here to
look at speeditos rear end!!! ABRASIVE SWORD deserves his place here with admirable
runs in both guineas and the same can be said about HATIAN PRINCE and JAK O THE SHADOWS
who has been execptionally consistant. A few have come up through the handicapping scene
such as SH*T HOT, SCREENWRITER, LOST ANGEL & MASTER BLASTER and all deserve their place here
but the one who may trouble the judge and SPEEDITO the most could be SCREENWRITER
who has been extremely consistant and not finished out of the top 2 as of yet.
ISTEBRAQ & BARCELONA also deserve mentions after some stunning performances but may fall short here
and the trainer of ISTEBRAQ is quite worried about his horses chances on the course.
To summarise the race everything is going to have to bring their A game, well
A to Z game if they are going to beat SPEEDITO

My Prediction
1: SPEEDITO
2: SCREENWRITER
3: JAK O THE SHADOWS

P.S. Please do not be offended if I do not include your horse, these previews are just summaries of what I think can go close and is my own opinion, I have been wrong plenty of times before! Hope you enjoy them! Will try and do more reviews of other races after Ascot over the christmas period if I get a break from Uni work!

Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:25 am
Group 1 winner

Well done Nick!! Fantastic previews!! I think they should hand out awards for write ups as well :)

Cheers.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next