View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 5:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Royal Ascot 
Group 3 winner

I'm also going to watch the cricket. Be bowling soon too anyway!

And Scotty, prices are up on TOM for all races.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:10 pm
Group 3 winner

I know mate, smashed into it already, wanted to know if any one fancied laying it at 5's for £200k??

Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:25 pm
Group 1 winner

King Edward VII stakes 3yo 1m4f Males Group 2

Good race here and some of the high finishers in the Derby have shown up possibly in preparation for an Irish Derby tilt. BLACK OPS was 5th in the derby for a trainer who knows how to win this race and can handle the ground. LIONS DEN was a solid 4th in the Derby but the form is quite hit and miss but has beaten STREETER before.
STREETER who was second in the Derby will look for consolation here, distance and ground in favour and will be a tall order to beat. MID LIFE CRISIS has gone close in some good races over further but might not have the pace here. MUJDEYA is another extremely consistant horse for Ryan Tahmassebi but the ground won't suit here. SHAYOL GHUL was a good winner over shorter but there are plenty of doubt's over whether he will stay. SHOW RESPECT is finally back at his distance but was down the field in his maiden. SIDE WITH ME was 3rd at sandown recently and deserves place here but ground might not suit and UNRIVALLED was behind in that race but could go much better. SILVERIO run impressively before disappointing over further, expect return to form here. STREETER represents a stable in form and could bag another group race for John Reddis...LIONS DEN and BLACK OPS won't be far behind.

My Prediction
1: STREETER
2: LIONS DEN
3: BLACK OPS

Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:45 pm
Group 1 winner

The top 4 female milers in the 3yo division have showed up for this cracking renewal of the Coronation stakes. If any will trouble them it possibly might be ALASKA or SAMBUCA but both do not look anything like the top 4. These are EURYTHMIC, MISS DANEHILL, ROYAL ENGAGEMENT and FREQUENCY have battled each other for guineas glory with MISS DANEHILL coming on top in England and EURYTHMIC coming on top in Ireland....Each horse will be suited by the ground and trip and it is so tough to split these 4. FREQUENCY is a great horse but past performances may suggest she is just out of the placings here. ROYAL ENGAGEMENT has been infront of all of these but will have to put a poor run under a tough weight in a handicap lto behind it, so by process of elimination it is between EURYTHMIC & MISS DANEHILL If there were dead heats i'd have that as odds on favorite but purely on ratings EURYTHMIC is the pick with the others noses behind.

My Prediction
1: EURYTHMIC
2: MISS DANEHILL
3: ROYAL ENGAGEMENT

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:00 am
Group 2 winner

I'm recovering from a shoulder operation that I had on Saturday, so cant go on p.c too much. But I can still read :D . and these previews are fantastic.
Keep up the good work.

Matt

Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:06 am
Group 1 winner

Cheers mate, get well soon....Hopefully try and get a few up later on, only got 5 more to go so hopefully be done by tomorrow at the latest

Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:19 pm
Group 2 winner

Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:22 pm
Group 1 winner

Good stuff Nick, great previews keep em coming mate.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:26 pm
Handicapper

Just like to say the previews are fantastic and they are a great build up to the races themselves, well done Nick.
As for the Gold Cup, High Volume shows up better in trials and beats Jupiters Trail on most occasions over the 2m4f.
Having said that I'm now thinking I should have stuck with Jupiters Trail just to see if he could do it as options are limited for future races.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:24 pm
Group 1 winner

Top race for staying 3 year olds and possibly the last preparation before taking on the older horses. Some of the top trainers have entered newcomers in this race and could be anything, CARRIBEAN SUNSET, GOLDEN LAMP, HIGH TIMES and
POLISH CORRIDOR all must be resepected. ACUNG is a very talented stayer who has won over soft and been 2nd three times. Despite that has a Group placing penalty to overcome which could cost him the race. HUMBERT WAY was the Chester Cup winner but has disappointed in other races and may fall short here. MELLIFONT is an extremely consistent sort who has been either side of the placings in the past, slight ground doubts as well.RATED X has run twice well and definetly deserves place here and will have a place chance.
SAN FRANCISCO FAULT will set a blistering pace making sure this is a truly run race but will fade at the end. Considering ACUNG will give weight away and the maidens could be anything, so the finger points to MELLIFONT who is best equipped to take this.

My Prediction
1: MELLIFONT
2: ACUNG
3: RATED X

Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:25 pm
Group 1 winner

Thought there must have been a reason behind it Davy!! Suppose, still got the Doncaster Cup, Cadran, maybe even a Melbourne tilt!!

Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:26 pm
Handicapper

Although I only have one horse entered in the UK this week cuz of track conditions, I'm really enjoying the write up. Great job Nick

Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:38 pm
Group 1 winner

Hardwicke Stakes 4yo+ Group 2 All Sexes 1m4f

Firstly we will look at the outside chance...DIG ran 4th in an early season maiden before disappointing last time out, expect bold showing here. HIGHLAND GATE & PLAY THE STARS are consistent but not good enough. BLEAKNESS needs shorter distances and there are a lot of maidens who could be anything. For the winner we will look towards the first 4 from the Coronation Cup. IRISH DAME & NORTHERN ALVAR are very consistent types from trainers who know how to win and place in this race, Despite this I feel these two will be battling it out for third. GALLEON has already won over £1.5 Million in prize money with 3 Group 1's but she just got the better of LILLY FA POOTZ on level weights and must now give Kenny Robertson's mare 6lb. This will be a stern test of GALLEON's reserve having to give the weight away to LILLY FA POOTZ who is such a talented mare coming out of stall 1 and has beaten GALLEON over level weights before.

My Prediction

1: LILLY FA POOTZ
2: GALLEON
3: NORTHERN ALVAR

Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:51 pm
Group 1 winner

17 line up for one of the if not the biggest sprint of the year. As usual first
we will run over the American challenge KANGAROOS SKIP, PUZZLE ME & REITERATION have performed well in the US but all look up against it with the strong home
challenge. AMILLION was 3rd in a 5f maiden but trainer has doubts about whether he will keep up. FOOTSTEPSINTHESAND & GOLD COIN have similar profiles and been game horses but may have too much on their plate here. GREAT BOOZE UP won only start in heavy ground so ground will suit here, unbeaten and may trouble the favourites. KAAPA DANCER has pulled the plum draw in 1 here and been very
game in defeat lately and deserves a win. OODLE has had some solid runs over 6 before finally getting off the mark over 7f, one to watch after the confidence boosting win. PRESS THE BUTTON was 4th
on only start behind a few of these and will be in the mixer. ROYA for champion trainer in waiting Scatters may be the next Aussie superstar to win a race they have loved to win over recent years. 3 wins including the Group 1 Golden Shaheen against a few of these, has won over heavy, draw and ground in favour...The Usain Bolt of the equine world will be near enough impossible to pass here in my view.

My Prediction
1: ROYA
2: KAAPA DANCER
3: GREAT BOOZE UP

Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:15 pm
Group 1 winner

Though am not interested in flat racing in real life or in the league, makes it a lot more interesting having Previews before the big day and the build up to the races.

Am quiet excited for all trainers involved with runners this week. I'l be happy with a few placed efforts this week, my stable is not designed for flat horses.

Good luck to everyone, should be a great meeting.

Also Nick any chance of a few Previews for week 7 in the NH.

Only kidding mate lol.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next