View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 6:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 USRA week 8 races 
Group 1 winner

Post USRA week 8 races
http://www.sopl.info/files/tom/season12 ... aweek8.zip

Quite a quiet week but some good wins scattered about.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:27 pm
Group 2 winner

Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:59 pm
Cheers Rich, and well done to all the winners and placers especially the group 1 winners.

Who is this Player 1, he sure has some decent horses.

Delighted that my sprinter Debacle won, hope he can go for some grade 1s.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:09 pm
Selling plater

This Is England must be Champion Filly! :o :P

Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:55 pm
Selling plater

Well done to all the winners this week. Goddess Temple and Koyakut look very classy types!

decent week for me...

Danger Moon 1st/8 - Didnt run that well last week, but back with a bang this week back over 1m1f came storming up on the bridle to tackle Cardinal then found very little and just done enough to hold on from Glor Na Mara

Rumble In The Jungle 1st/10 - Made all over 1m1f very pleased with this effort after fighting of Juanita Future she just managed to hang on. Safina must be the highest rated horse not to win???

This Is England 1st/9 - Didnt expect this as my 2yos arent that great, came from last and battled on well. Great race by Cupcake in 3rd giving weight to everyone.

Flintoff 2nd/14 - Another great effort by her, beat everyone apart from scatters horse again :lol: dam him :P

Punching Fists 3rd/12 - Showed great pace and faded late into 3rd

Voodoo Moon Rock 4th/12 - Ran on to take 4th after the jockey gave her a rubbish ride! :x

Vintage Crop - Couldnt handle top weight, and fair play to Speed Rush & Queen Victoria doing so well carrying their big weights

Rest of the stable were never at the races

Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:23 pm
Group 3 winner

Just cant get my head round the performance of Champion Filly, 8 times out of 10 at Hollywood park on firm in trials storms from last to first in sub 1m25secs......... :cry:

Solwhit loved the dirt in game and performed great on dirt in trials, then in first race on dirt"couldnt handle the kick back" :roll:

Think its back to the drawing board. :shock:

Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:40 pm
Group 1 winner

Well done to Ryan, Thunderspark & Staresy with multiple wins and David K, P Hogan, D Hooley, Nick Driver, Hemz, and J Gorman with wins.

Well done lads and the placers too!!

Will do a write up later, but enjoyed seeing Debacle win with 60.5kg on its back.

Koyakut and Danger Moon are top class and Goddess Temple is making a name for itself!!

What about Park Star, there was no way he could win that far back 200m out but burst through to powerfully win. What will this horse do next?? So for me the most eye catching run has to be Park Star!!

Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:40 pm
Group 1 winner

Had Scatters trained EUREKA STOCKADE in one of my bets think i got a silly price for a trainer who is doing so well, will look later and see what it was. :D

4 runners... all ran well cant ask for more then that should have had at least 1 winner especially i think out of the following two horses....

RACE 1 MANETHEREN
RACE 6 SUCCESSION

Both of these got the worst rides ever in my opinion, please have a watch of these two races and let me know if im seeing things and just being to harsh.

EDIT... 20.000 win @ 16.00 :wink:

Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:28 pm
Group 3 winner

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Scatters, please tell me what else I can do to trial, getting really frustrating now, my times in ck are miles in front of race times consistently?????? :evil:

Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:41 pm
Group 3 winner

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And again, this is what Champion Filly produces 8 times out of ten(and the other 2 were mid 1m25s), Is there any chance our CK'Ss can be different??? :roll:

Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:52 pm
Selling plater

Scotty do you trail with any pace setters??? the section times for the league race was around 2.5 seconds slower after 4f compared to yours in the CK? Champion Filly should have ran slightly quicker in this race as it only had a lighter weight.... maybe your horse needs a pace to aim at which you would get it scatters had a horse in it.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:55 am
Group 1 winner

Scotty, with regards to Champion Filly I had a look at the race and the only thing I can think of is that the pace was really slow. If you look at the speed indicator they travelled worse than 52kph till 700m out. If the pace is slow there are always going to be strange results. If you look at the sectionals at the 4f mark you will see that the quickest is Baddaweeya with 52.6s compare with the sectional you provided of 50.1s by Flown The Nest, there is a 2.5s difference in time at the 800m marks hence the SOPL race was run much slower. It seems Champion Filly needs a solidly run race to bring the best out of her.

Race Champion Filly again for me in the ck but this time remove everything except hold up & slight hold up horses to see how it will perform? Also what are the times? Do it 4 or 5 times to see what times and results you get and let me know??

With regards to Solwhit, I presume it is a front running or forward running horse from the details you have provided? It started slowly in the league which is very critical. Re try in the ck until you notice it misses the break and then carefully check the race notes to see if it’s similar to what the league race stated. If it ever starts slowly or misses the break you will always loose up to 2s of its peak racing time in the ck. Let me know how it goes.

Cheers

Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:28 am
Group 1 winner

A few good runs this week with Fable (2nd) who was collared by Eureka Stockade on the line and Vimy Ridge (3rd) who raced wide most of the way from a wide draw being the pick. Tap On Wood (4th) also ran well on ground he hates and is more than capable of winning a race when he steps up to 1m.
As for the rest, they were never at the races.

Well done all winners and placers.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]