View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 10:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Joining League 
Selling plater

Post Joining League
Have just signed up for the league and was wondering if there was a FAQ/Newbies Guide/How To Play link I could be pointed in the direction of?

Failing that, any obvious tips I need before I get started?

Thanks vm in advance.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:40 pm
Selling plater

how do i upload horses i have exported i cant find the upload button

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:18 am
Group 1 winner

Get yourselves here: http://www.sopl.info/sopl/tom10/main.php

And sign up for an account. Once you've done that you'll see the Upload Button, that works like any normal file upload on the internet.

Once you have uploaded horses click on the View/Enter Races tab from which you can nominate and enter horses.

Click on the squares in the top right hand corner to navigate between the 3 different leagues. Some basic rules are:

1) Your horse must have run at least once before entering a G1
2) In UKRA and NHC your horse must have run at least twice before entering a handicap and over very similar distances to the handicap race.
3) Nominations close at midnight on Saturday, races are released from Wednesday the week after.

If anyone has emailed me in the last week or so sorry I won't have picked it up. Only just got internet access and I can't remember my password for the gmail account!

Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:26 am
Selling plater

Thanks squire, will give that a look over.

Any tips for getting good horses? I play on hard difficulty which I imagine may hinder my chances of producing really top class horses to compete with you guys. So should I get a game going on easy mode?

Second question, should I export 2yos on the very last day of the season so that they have developed to their maximum?

Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:13 pm
Handicapper

I think the only difference the difficulty setting does is give you more horses and more money to start with.

Also I think on hard setting your horses are penalized a bit. I'm not sure by how much but my guess would be a 5% drop from what they should be. Thats why when you sell your slowest horse, some of them will beat the horses you didn't sell.

To get good horses, you start out with buying them from the auction at the start of the year. This is just to start you off. The best horses you will ever own will come from breeding your own horses.

Charles wrote:
Second question, should I export 2yos on the very last day of the season so that they have developed to their maximum?

I've exported many horses and I export 2x in a year. On March just before the Maydan races and late Oct. early Nov. Why I do this is because I have noticed the sprinters peak early and the longer distance horses take more time to mature. So it depends on what you have.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:42 am
Selling plater

Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:24 am
Group 1 winner

Your horse ability will not change relative to the game's difficulty setting but good horses will stick out more on easier settings, hence most league stables would use Easy.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]