View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Rich Idea's For Next season in League 
Group 1 winner

I must admit apart from the breeders cup meeting l think US is a big waste of time and effort, scrapping US would open up so many more options to have more maidens, more hcaps and International leagues. Lets face it US is mostly horses that finish 3rd or 4th in trials and is used as a second stable for many trainers. There is some trainers that do love the US tho and to keep a few US races in a new schedule would be great to keep everyone happy but the numbers in my opinion dont add up to keep US going when so much more can be done as 1 big flat schedule. Cant comment on TOM as l have no idea how it works but should the league be held back from going forward because of some software issues??

Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:17 pm
Group 1 winner

mike i need you to say something stupid because i keep agreeing with your forum posts!!!

Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:53 pm
Group 1 winner

The league has to work within it's software constraints otherwise it becomes extremely cumbersome and user unfriendly which will drive people away.

I'm not au fait with the SQL programming, if you are...get in touch ;)

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:43 pm
Group 3 winner

i have looked at this thread and will comment after more ppl have put their ideas forward.....

Paul(LR)

Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:01 am
Group 3 winner

It`s been a great season, well for me anyway even though I missed Aintree through tech difficulties. Means I still have an ambition to go for. Don`t understand the need for pace makers at all so stuff that idea, scrap the US as said more than a long time ago. Real handicapping - not just ppl but Mark needs to look at this, topweight = no chance at all. More races in the NH schedule and I`m so happy, the flat can do what it wants, don`t care.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:20 am
Handicapper

You would need to have some dirt races scheduled in if you scrap the US league as some horses clearly run better on dirt than turf.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:32 am
Group 3 winner

Agree with the not having set pacemakers, One of my best horses "BAGAN" if allowed an easy lead will not get headed later on, if challenged early for the lead he just downs tools and gives up, therefore putting in false pacemakers would ruin any chance he has of competing in the league.........Look at his only 2 runs in the league, Made all Stayed on well!!!
My best 2yo Champion Filly craves an end to end gallop and has never had it apart from her last race when she lost out to one of scatters by a nose hair, so I can see it from both sides.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:26 am
Group 1 winner

Rich, imo I think in G1 races there should be a limit of 15 in a field and 20 for G2 and G3. I say this because I believe the lesser the draw effect (ie possibility for drawing out the car park) the better giving more horses a chance to win a prestigeous G1 for example. And in real life we hardly have more than 15 runners in black type races!!!!

Just my thoughts.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:35 am
Group 1 winner

Agree with the not having set pacemakers, One of my best horses "BAGAN" if allowed an easy lead will not get headed later on, if challenged early for the lead he just downs tools and gives up, therefore putting in false pacemakers would ruin any chance he has of competing in the league.........Look at his only 2 runs in the league, Made all Stayed on well!!!
My best 2yo Champion Filly craves an end to end gallop and has never had it apart from her last race when she lost out to one of scatters by a nose hair, so I can see it from both sides.

This is where l dont mind, if a trainer confirms he has a front runner then l wouldnt want a pacemaker but my thoughts are being made of the 2 mile + races this season have not had no front runners hence all horses pulling

Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:42 am
Group 3 winner

I agree with note 1...we do need a handicapper to rate horses for handicaps as i would like to see lots more handicaps like 0-60 0-70 0-80 etc which would replace restricted races
I also would like to see the odd seller now & again maybe 1 every 4 weeks so stables can offload their crap horses instead of retiring the odd few we could use a combination of both to reduce our stable stock maybe have a championship seller 2-3 times in the season where the better horses could be bought at the sale after the races i would be willing to sponsor these races so the better horses can be attracted to these races?
what are ppls thoughts on this?

I'm not in favour of pacemakers maybe this is more likely to suit Flat races rather than NHC as i think this will make it easier for the top stables to dominate even more so then b4..these stables have enough advantages already without adding to iti would rather see the lesser trainers be helped along then the top 10....

there are always ways of helping each other along coaching sessions is one where the lesser trainers get a workshop from one of the top 5 trainers...invites to workshops can be used to just invite the trainers that are being coached (private forums) so nobody can look in...

If Rich wants help with the NHC then im sure that Ryan and I would be willing to run things for him on a daily basis and we can consult on the major events etc on a weekly basis via emails...im willing to comeback and help the NHC go through this new phase with Ryan..let me know if this is something you can work with Rich

Paul(LR)

Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:24 pm
Group 1 winner

well i would be up for that Paul!! the nhc will be even better next season i know for a fact it will be - there is loads we can do!!!

I will have very few runners in flat next season, very few serious ones anyway - i want to focus 99% of my attention on the nhc

I mentioned a few days ago about a 'Hurricane Hurdle Series' - just wanna let you know where i am at with this atm:

Weeks 1-5 will be qualifiers over distances ranging from 2m1f-2m3f
week 6 will be final over 2m2f

weeks 7-11 will be qualifiers over distances ranging from 2m5f-2m7f
week 12 final will be over 2m6f

Grand final will be over 2m4f

Note that week scheduling will differ to fit the schedule that is created for the NHC i.e. to fit any change in length of season etc.

How many will qualify for the finals will all be decided nearer the time, but this is the format im going for.

Other things i will strive to provide for the nhc will be more comms, full cheltenham preview newsletter, a great schedule!!! NHC festivals would also be released on the corresponding days to real life e.g. Tuesday of Cheltenham week , races 1-6 of Festival will be released, with the climax on the friday of course being the release of the Gold Cup races. The same would be done with a full Aintree and Punchestown festival. I also recommend that the flat league do the same - spread the weeks racing out over the week!!!

Handicapping needs to be carefully considered as, like rich says, we need to ascertain how much benefit we will get from all the hard work it will take!!

Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:12 pm
Group 3 winner

if you need help with the funding give me a shout k

everything to make special days in NHC an event looks good to me

Comms..

i would like to get back into but as for paying 70 bucks for the software..thats a no-no

Newsletter like Steve's would be good but it would take some volunteer an age to do but it would be worth the effort..

could we have a chat Ryan.. skype is free pc to pc

i already have skype its a free DL and free to use for the above

maybe we could talk during the break once we know what the score is..?

Paul(LR)

Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:36 am
Group 1 winner

Hmmm i didnt pay for avs - let me try send you the programme colm sent me!can u ask colm to send me an email telli me what i need to send u and if he still knows how to set it up!wel get it workin for u paul!!

Funding could be good, i have loads of dosh aswell and im sure hemz will sponsor it aswell!!!

Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2