View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Sad Reminders 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Sad Reminders
Racing is all about up's and downs.

I was sad when a horse called Lost in the Fog passed away, some horses pull at u heart strings straight away. I remember watching his Maiden win at Golden Gate Fields then running on Boxing Day, even though it was Boxing Day I had to watch him run at Turf Paradise in a course record. Even though he was a 2yo he still has the 6.5F course record at that track, sadly he lost his life as a 4yo.

I fell in love with racing in 1987, a horse called Mtoto started my love affair with racing. Was a outstanding race horse and was decent at stud and lived a full life dying at the age of 28 but I was still sad when he died a couple of years ago.

For some people racing is about gambling but it's all about the horses and the memories for me.

Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:53 am
Group 1 winner

That's why Youtube is so good because u can always go back and watch u fav's running. :D Always got the memories.

Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:36 am
Group 1 winner

atiggerx33 wrote:
ghostzapper74 wrote:
That's why Youtube is so good because u can always go back and watch u fav's running. :D Always got the memories.

More races need to be in 1080p on youtube... sometimes they're so bad I have trouble telling which brownish blob is which. Sometimes Secretariat's Preakness comes in clearer than a race that happened yesterday. Speaking of which, I probably watch Sec's Belmont at least once a month, get chills every time... recently they did a video of Sec's Belmont vs. AP's... obviously AP wouldn't have won, but he would have come in second (provided he hadn't tried to pull a Sham and keep up with that beast), right in front of the rest of the field.

I also watch less for the gambling (the biggest bet I ever placed was $4) and more for the thrill of the sport. Winning a bet is fun and all, but unless I'm really confident in my choice, and the money is worth it, I'll won't place it. Unless it's for a memento... like when I went to Parx and saw Untapable in the Cotillion. She wasn't actually worth betting on (her odds were so low you could maybe make $0.10 off a $2 bet) but I got it just to have the ticket.

The best thing about the Preakness was those crazy early fractions, 46 and change for 4 furlongs and 1.09 for 6. There would be no chance that AP could have gone with them, time wise he would be just over 12L behind him but if AP would have been in the race I think he would have finished around 5L behind him.

In my books AP's Belmont win was his best performance, I didn't know what people was talking about when they said after his lose at Saratoga that he didn't stay a 1m2F. That was crazy talk, his best attribute was his staying power.

For me Secretariat best performance was his last performance, I think that win on the grass was just so special. It was a complete domination and the race was run at a great time in the early evening with the lights on.

Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]