View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Cheltenham 2019 
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Cheltenham 2019
Anti Post bet number 2 - Sir Erec.

Looks really smart and unless there's a horse yet to run in England, think the truimph is definitely going back to Ireland.

Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:44 pm
Group 2 winner

Anyone who has an ante post on Presenting Percy in the Gold Cup probably needs to be very worried, pulled out again on Saturday due to ground which is yielding to soft!
I would be amazed if it's softer than that at Cheltenham and it will probably be considerably quicker.
I can see them going for the Stayers Hurdle at this rate which is a crying shame.

Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:58 pm
Selling plater

Presenting Percy has won twice on good ground including at the festival itself, The ground isn't a worry and i suspect it's more of a case of looking after Presenting Percy rather than beating his brains out by having 4 runs before a race like the Gold Cup, Horses no longer need to run a silly amount of times before Cheltenham, Think of it this way, The more you use a car the faster it will break!!!!!!

Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:44 am
Group 2 winner

Presenting Percy not running again and is now surely out of options. This has definitely made my mind up regarding the gold cup, always been a fan of his but just cant back him. I don't care what anyone says a run over hurdles isn't a good prep for a Gold Cup. Everyone keeps saying the trainer knows what he's doing but I'm not convinced he really does. I'm all over Clan Des O'Beaux now, he's been really impressive and is improving every run over fences.

Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:10 pm
Selling plater

The problem with Clan Des Obeaux is he just doesn't go up a hill Peter, He has lost everytime he has gone to Cheltenham, I believe the term is "flat track bully" and he has been like that ever since he first started out, I had that impression of him ever since i first seen him run in the Denman Colors, It's alright to look good on flatish tracks but until he can prove he has the ability to go up a demanding hill like Cheltenham then no way could i even consider him for a Gold Cup

Presenting Percy is still the one for me, Alright he has had one run over hurdle's but it wasn't like he was beaten half to death to win, I just think that this year like last year isn't too taxing in terms of quality and a horse like him could very well get away with it just because he has a lot of quality about him

Native River would need a flood to repeat last year and for the life of me i don't understand why he hasn't been to the national yet!!

I happen to be going for the whole festival for the first time so i just hope that all the major horses make it!!!!

Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:01 pm
Group 2 winner

Dont totally agree with that, yes he hasnt won there yet but he has ran well there.. He's a completely different horse now compared to when he ran there last. Matured and mucb stronger. As for the flat track point, hes won at Ascot and Exeter.

Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:41 pm
Selling plater

Had a word about Getaway Trump for the Coral Cup. Connections think he will run a very big race.

Currently a best price 16/1

Also, Sir Erec's main contender, Pic D'Orhy is having his first ever run for Nicholls this weekend. He thinks he is a specials talent and the stable have been very hush hush on this one.

Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:17 pm
Group 1 winner

oldgreasyone wrote:
Had a word about Getaway Trump for the Coral Cup. Connections think he will run a very big race.

Currently a best price 16/1

Also, Sir Erec's main contender, Pic D'Orhy is having his first ever run for Nicholls this weekend. He thinks he is a specials talent and the stable have been very hush hush on this one.

I have a share in a horse with Nicholls Force Ten and heard about Pic D'Orhy who beat Fakir D'oudairies when they were both in France
turned out to be very strong formline so one to watch Joseph very confident about Sir Erec though

Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:24 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Just had my second AP bet for Cheltenham. Had my maximum bet on Glen Forsa @ 9/2 in the Arkle.

Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:01 pm
Group 2 winner

Really don't get the JP jockey situation. A jockey as good as Barry Geragthy isn't riding in the supreme or the Arkle. J J Slevin is riding ahead of him. From my understanding he's JP's number 1 jockey so surely should be riding all the number 1 horses. Definitely confused me.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:33 pm
Handicapper

PeterS94 wrote:
Really don't get the JP jockey situation. A jockey as good as Barry Geragthy isn't riding in the supreme or the Arkle. J J Slevin is riding ahead of him. From my understanding he's JP's number 1 jockey so surely should be riding all the number 1 horses. Definitely confused me.

I'm sure I read the other week that he was no longer retained by Mcmanus, he will still use him but the only jockey paid a retainer is Mark Walsh

Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:10 pm
Group 2 winner

My Cheltenham review.

Day 1.

Oh Ruby, i know he's not diving off horses and they've came up with the shadow incident again but if this shadow is a big problem why isn't other horses falling. Surely he has to change his approach when coming to the final flight in the future. Benie Des Dieux looked really good though and will surely win plenty of races if she's okay.

What a disappointment the champion hurdle was, Buveur D'air took one chance to many and paid the price. Apples Jade disappointed and I'm convinced she just doesn't like Cheltenham. People can say she doesn't like travelling but she certainly travelled to Aintree fine. I'm happy i was right about Laurina she just lacked the pace for the Champion Hurdle and will be better over further. She also had the ground in her favour. Willie says she'll go chasing next year but he always brings them back hurdling. Not taking anything away from the winner he was very impressive.

Not really sure what to make of the supreme tbh. I've watched it a few times and just feel the main dangers in my eyes to the winner just didn't fully enjoy the ground. I liked Angles Breath, Mr Fisher and Aramon. Be interesting to see what the result would be on different ground.

Not taking the Arkle form. Liked Glen Forsa. Kalashnikov was going well when brought down and Lalor just lacking experience over fences and doesnt like the ground.

A Plus Tard very impressive, nothing more to say and i still think there's more to come from Discorama.

Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:33 pm
Group 2 winner

Day 2

No where else to start other than Altior, What a horse.. The best in training never mind the handicappers stupid mark for Cyrname. Just hope he turns up at Sandown to get put in his place.

The ballymore was disappointing for me, really like Battleoverdoyen. He just didn't run his race for some reason. I dunno if he just lacked the experience or he just didn't have the pace. Wasn't travelling from a long way out. Although there was no fluke about the winner he did it very well and has loads of potential. Champ ran his race but just wasn't good enough on the day and will probably head chasing next season. The one i take out the race is brewin'upastorm, travelled very well but just didn't seem to get home in the ground and i'd be keen to see what his handicap mark would be next season.

The RSA was a cracker and i think we've seen a very good bunch 3m novice chasers, the top 3 are top class and will win plenty of races between them if they all stay sound. Topofthegame and Santini will both relish the 3m 2f next season and Santini may even be a national horse. Mister Malarky is definitely a national horse and id be keen on him next year. Jumps well and should have ran in the 4miler.

Not much you can say about Tiger Roll. Envoi Allen is really smart and will be a staying hurdler next season and for Band Of Outlaws he was pretty well handicapped and won easily. Be interesting to see him up in grade.

Think there's definitely more to come from Brio Conti, don't think Harry Cobden gave him the best of rides and he was in the lead to early. Under a more patient ride he'll not be far away next time.

Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2