View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Cheltenham 2019 
Selling plater

Post Cheltenham 2019
Cheltenham is just around the corner. 8 weeks today the Supreme will have just finished!

Anyone with any early fancies? Here are a few of mine:

Supreme: Angels Breath backed at 10s
Arkle: Knocknanauss backed at 16s
JLT: Had backed master dino but now on Lostintranslation at 8s
Truimph: Torpillo backed at 12s
Gold Cup: Presenting Percy. Backed at several prices from 10s-6s
Also fancy Jerrysback for a handicap (maybe CloseBros) but yet to back.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:57 pm
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Cheltenham 2019
Only the one bet so far.

Backed Battleofdoyen for the Ballymore at 5s. Normally have backed a few by this point but some many horses haven't ran yet.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:37 pm
Group 1 winner

I agree it's hard to pick out any novices at this stage. Only the Champion Hurdle and Chase which look like last years winners are ready to go in again.

I'll be flying in from New Zealand for the full 4 days.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:49 pm
Selling plater

I will be there for all 4 days, First time that i have done it but for any true National Hunt Racing fan like me it is a must, Been dying to go to Aintree aswell but logistics would be a nightmare, As for the festival itself race wise is it fairly hard to jump on many at the moment, Here are the select few that i fancy so far

Supreme, Angels Breath, Very few horses are good enough to win a graded race first time under rules so he has to be a serious talent, Liked the way he moved through his race and showed gears at the end, Due to run at Haydock on Saturday, The price will be shorter after the weekend

Champion Hurdle, Laurina, I am convinced she will win the Champion Hurdle simply because this race has been screaming out for a bit of quality for a while now and Laurina is just that, A warm up at Sandown did no harm and i would have her all day long over the overhyped and over rated Buveur D'air

Mares Hurdle, Benie Des Dieux, Name means Blessed By The Gods in French, She really is, smashing up Apple's Jade twice last year and i see no reason why that should change, People may argue that Apple's Jade was out of sorts at the festival last year but i remember a report on the day of this race in the paper saying she was flying and all was well, Just an excuse because she didn't do what they had expected, Elliot is fond of an excuse!!!!

Mares Novice Hurdle, Epatante, Grade 1 wining bumper performer in France, Showed real class at Kempton on the run in when sprinting clear and i would be shocked if she is beaten in this race

Gold Cup, Presenting Percy, Same reson as the Champion Hurdle really, This division needs new blood and i simply cannot forget the way he won last year, Looks like a strong stayer and a select few races this season could be a smart move

Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:34 am
Selling plater

Hemz wrote:
I'll be flying in from New Zealand for the full 4 days.

Wow love that! I can't make it this year frustratingly (work commitments)

legendary wrote:
Supreme, Angels Breath, Very few horses are good enough to win a graded race first time under rules so he has to be a serious talent, Liked the way he moved through his race and showed gears at the end, Due to run at Haydock on Saturday, The price will be shorter after the weekend

Fingers crossed, I agree, he looked great on the day. Only beat Danny Kirwan & Seddon who are 120 & 137 rated hurdlers.

If he improves on that effort he wins.

legendary wrote:
Mares Novice Hurdle, Epatante, Grade 1 wining bumper performer in France, Showed real class at Kempton on the run in when sprinting clear and i would be shocked if she is beaten in this race

Not everything has been out yet and Mullins will have one up his sleeve. Defo best Novice Mare form we have seen so far.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:53 pm
Selling plater

PeterS94 wrote:
Only the one bet so far.

Backed Battleofdoyen for the Ballymore at 5s. Normally have backed a few by this point but some many horses haven't ran yet.

Will be a hell of a battle with Champ if they both make it. Exciting race.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:53 pm
Group 2 winner

oldgreasyone wrote:
Cheltenham is just around the corner. 8 weeks today the Supreme will have just finished!

Anyone with any early fancies? Here are a few of mine:

Supreme: Angels Breath backed at 10s
Arkle: Knocknanauss backed at 16s
JLT: Had backed master dino but now on Lostintranslation at 8s
Truimph: Torpillo backed at 12s
Gold Cup: Presenting Percy. Backed at several prices from 10s-6s
Also fancy Jerrysback for a handicap (maybe CloseBros) but yet to back.

Angel's Breath looks very good so wouldn't put you off that. Although i'd like it see it run again before cheltenham.
Knoacknanauss is probably a fair E.W bet but think he could be a similar horse to Saint Calvados. If he taken on for the lead might run himself into the ground.
No real opinion on Lostintranslation as the race looks like it'll cut up so wait and see what'll run.
The truimph's the truimph, no opinion either because i don't think there's been a stand out horse yet.
Was mad keen on Presenting Percy at the start of the year but couldn't back him for the Gold Cup on the back off 1 hurdle run. He's had chances to run over fences too.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:59 am
Group 2 winner

legendary wrote:
I will be there for all 4 days, First time that i have done it but for any true National Hunt Racing fan like me it is a must, Been dying to go to Aintree aswell but logistics would be a nightmare, As for the festival itself race wise is it fairly hard to jump on many at the moment, Here are the select few that i fancy so far

Champion Hurdle, Laurina, I am convinced she will win the Champion Hurdle simply because this race has been screaming out for a bit of quality for a while now and Laurina is just that, A warm up at Sandown did no harm and i would have her all day long over the overhyped and over rated Buveur D'air

Mares Hurdle, Benie Des Dieux, Name means Blessed By The Gods in French, She really is, smashing up Apple's Jade twice last year and i see no reason why that should change, People may argue that Apple's Jade was out of sorts at the festival last year but i remember a report on the day of this race in the paper saying she was flying and all was well, Just an excuse because she didn't do what they had expected, Elliot is fond of an excuse!!!!

Gold Cup, Presenting Percy, Same reson as the Champion Hurdle really, This division needs new blood and i simply cannot forget the way he won last year, Looks like a strong stayer and a select few races this season could be a smart move

Angels Breath looks very smart, would like to see him run again before the festival. Might lack the experience of a supreme with just the one run.

We both disagree with the Buveur D'Air, Laurina situation.

I not even looking past Apples Jade, she's a completely different horse this season. Only beaten 1length by Benie when not at here best. Plus she ain't had a run yet which is worrying considering she's been entered up. She should be running in the Ryanair, she's a super jumper just like Vroom Vroom Mag. But Willie keeps them over hurdles.

Epatante looks very good but haven't seen her for a while and the race she won easily doesn't look the best of form. Need to see her again up in grade.

Was mad keen on Presenting Percy at the start of the year but i don't think i could back him for a Gold Cup on the back of 1 hurdles run. Would like to see him over fences.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:06 am
Group 1 winner

right now Cheltenham 2019 looks a minefield id have 10 to 15 backed on the AP by now this year have nothing backed yet
very very strange season

Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:56 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

We should see Presenting Percy Thursday in the Galmoy. Not the ideal prep over hurdles but it will at least give him his first run.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:49 pm
Selling plater

All depends on the ground, Britain is a funny old place weather wise, Last year we had a monsoon and this year hardly a drop, That said it is still 48 days until the great roar of the crowd the the first tape rise which i get to witness first hand.

Presentig Percy is my idea of the Gold Cup winner, He will have Davy Russel aboard and i think you need a little bit of shithousery to win the Gold Cup and Russel certainly can provide it when needed!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:25 am
Selling plater

I agree, the Galmoy did nothing to put me off him. I will be on him and Native River on the day.

Also backed that Fakir Doudairies for O'Brien after it bolted up at Cheltenham trials day. 7/1 immediately after the race was a fair price.

Also, Brewinupastorm falling at the last in the Neptune trial when potentially beating Birchdale shows how good Champ is. Champ saw off Brewinupastorm in the Challow with a nice turn of foot, Brewin finishing 4th in that one. Champ will be tough to beat on the day & looks the NAP of the festival at prices for me.

It also boosts the form of Getaway Trump for the Betfair Hurdle, although Al Dancer looks a nice sort.

Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:33 pm
Group 2 winner

Meetings off everywhere. Is it time to arrange the good old jumpers bumpers on the all weather so Waiting Patiently(trainer ruining the horse) and sizing john can get a run.

Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:58 pm
Group 2 winner

Have just seen Apples Jade romp home in Ireland. If she runs in the mares race it will be a travesty and proof in my mind that the race should be scrapped or at the very least downgraded as it is one of several races that are wrecking the festival.

Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:09 pm
Selling plater

Think Elliot has had a word in his ear. Glad to see Apple's now aimed at the Champion Hurdle.

Sir Erec looks another good one for JP O'Brien in the Triumph. 3-1 is a fair price after it bolted up.

Backed a horse called Kateson for the Albert Bartlett, has been his aim all along and gets the distance. Smart form behind Champ.

Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next