View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Australian Racing 
Handicapper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5l3JLB9ZG8
Replay of Atlantic Jewel's guineas win. Will be taken to the Oaks now.

December Draw finished last in the Caulfield Cup as a 2.50 favourite , turns out he had a slight fracture in his leg. Solid performances from Green Moon and Southern Speed for first and second, best of the internationals was Manighar who finished 4th.

Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:13 am
Handicapper

For any of you looking to place a bet in the cox plate then secret admirer is great value at 12's. only worry being it may settle too far back and if the pace isnt strong then it wont get a crack at them on the short straight, however with three definite frontrunners and a very even field (in terms of quality) that shouldnt be a problem.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:01 pm
Handicapper

Atlantic Jewel hacks up in the Wakeful(prep for oaks over 1m2). She will most likely go to oaks and then maybe take Black Caviar on.
The Aussies have the 2 best female horses on the planet and both are magnificent to watch. AJ won by 5 lengths today without being asked to move. The opposition isnt the greatest but shes clearly a very classy animal.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:42 am
Handicapper

Sepoy wins the Coolmore but only just. Looks like he hasnt come on much from 2-3 and if he took on Black Caviar he'd get hammered. I dont even think he'd beat our sprinters on the basis of his performances this year. Still a good horse but if i'd backed him at 1.2 i'd have shit myself

Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:13 am
Handicapper

Sepoy will be put away now and will come over to UK for summer. Ascot and July cup are the aims with him.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:16 am
Group 1 winner

Done a preview on the Melbourne Cup here: http://www.ohracing.net/blog/melbourne-cup-2011-preview

Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:41 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Agreed, if Corey Brown can navigate a less extreme route this time round, Lucas Cranach is my idea of the winner. Flemington should be more to his liking, back to race plates, no more concerns over the hoof abscess and with first time blinkers, I'd be expecting plenty of improvement from the Caulfield Cup run, which all things considered, was a damn good effort anyway.
I like Modun, or at least I did till Godolphin got their hands on him, but despite his breeding, I'm far from convinced he stayed the Ebor trip, so with ground not ideal, I just can't consider him a danger. I could see Moyene Corniche threatening the money at big odds, with quite a low weight and if Unusual Suspect is sound, I could see him outrunning his price too. Americain is such a big framed horse that even with top weight, I think he'll be bang there at the finish, while the one I don't really like is Dunaden at the prices. Had Bauer got in, and it makes no sense that he didn't, he would have had a massive chance for me!!

Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:45 pm
Group 1 winner

Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:54 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Good write up duke. very astute. im going to back mourayan today, thought his run in the mackinnon was great and the form from the previous win stacks up nicely. quite disappointed in some of the horses that have qualified over others though.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:25 am
Handicapper

Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3