View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Frankel or So you think 

Frankel or So you think
frankel 63%  63%  [ 17 ]
So you think 37%  37%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 27

Frankel or So you think 
Handicapper

Lets be honest, So You Think was beaten because Joseph O Brien rode an absolute shocker on Jan Vermeer, Took too long to get to the front then went too fast. Not up to big races yet, heffernan must be embarrassed for him

Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:00 am
Handicapper

Dettori whips though are much lighter then say fallon did the horse return with a mark? I doubt it because dettori doesn't put much force into it it's a reminder and nothing more then that

Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:23 am
Group 1 winner

The best horse won on the day and that was Rewilding and So You Think ran a good race for second place, 2 good horses that might clash again...can't wait!!

Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:29 am
Group 1 winner

Dettori whips though are much lighter then say fallon did the horse return with a mark? I doubt it because dettori doesn't put much force into it it's a reminder and nothing more then that

If all it is is a little reminder why has he got to give him 24 reminders in the matter of a few strides

Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:45 am
Group 1 winner

Lets be honest, So You Think was beaten because Joseph O Brien rode an absolute shocker on Jan Vermeer, Took too long to get to the front then went too fast. Not up to big races yet, heffernan must be embarrassed for him

Actually, I think So You Think was beaten just because he's not the superstar some people seemed to think he was. Winning lots of top races in Australia is great, but it doesn't automatically make you the best horse in the world, which was proven yesterday. And if he was a superstar, why would he be relying on a pacemaker to get it right to win races - surely he'd be able to win them off any pace?

Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:56 am
Group 3 winner

bazdev wrote:

Actually, I think So You Think was beaten just because he's not the superstar some people seemed to think he was. Winning lots of top races in Australia is great, but it doesn't automatically make you the best horse in the world, which was proven yesterday. And if he was a superstar, why would he be relying on a pacemaker to get it right to win races - surely he'd be able to win them off any pace?

Nail, Head, the, on, the and hit are 6 words that spring into my mind with this comment............
If he was the superstar he was meant to be he'd have gone out and ran them ragged like frankel in the guineas, not been reliant on an above average patern 1m2f-1m4f horse to set its pace.

75% fit?? RICH is this not defrauding the betting public??

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:55 am
Group 1 winner

Can people just not appreciate a good horse when they see one? I fear Sea The Stars has set the bar! Ever since then if a horse has not won all of it's races it's just not good enough anymore, as Matt Chapman said is winning not enough for anyone anymore? Most great horses have been beaten, even the great Secretariat etc, can you just not appreciate a class horse when you see one rather than constantly slate it? It was very overhyped before hand but just because it got beat half a length by a top class group 1 winning horse, it's now "rubbish" and "average" I hope he comes back and smashes all the top English horses just to shut the gob on some of you! Appreciate a good horse when you see one, don't slate it... Just look at DB's comment about it, completely doubted it before hand but the appreciated that it is a class horse after the race! Come on guys!

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:11 am
Group 3 winner

Can people just not appreciate a good horse when they see one? I fear Sea The Stars has set the bar! Ever since then if a horse has not won all of it's races it's just not good enough anymore, as Matt Chapman said is winning not enough for anyone anymore? Most great horses have been beaten, even the great Secretariat etc, can you just not appreciate a class horse when you see one rather than constantly slate it? It was very overhyped before hand but just because it got beat half a length by a top class group 1 winning horse, it's now "rubbish" and "average" I hope he comes back and smashes all the top English horses just to shut the gob on some of you! Appreciate a good horse when you see one, don't slate it... Just look at DB's comment about it, completely doubted it before hand but the appreciated that it is a class horse after the race! Come on guys!

Calm down mate, I dont think anyones implying its "rubbish" or "average" and if they are saying that then they're on the wind up. :roll:
Its beaten a couple of solid group performers out of sight yesterday.
All I was trying to say is that on that performance it is not the superstar we all wanted it to be.
Excuses about not been fit, pacemaker let it down, sweated up badly just dont wash, It ran a great race and got beat, If it goes out next time and smashes a strong group 1 field by 6 lengths then it will be game on again, just at the moment SYT failed its first BIG test in our country!!

Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:07 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm calm! haha! Not going to throw myself off a bridge because of it! Just a bit of a wind up really how people can call such a horse average!! Just glad I didn't do my nut on it, they're should be no excuses, it should have been fit, I just kind of feel we didn't see the right SYT as Giddy said the sweating up is not a normal trait of SYT and just think he will perform better next time! Bring on the big clashes!

Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:33 pm
Group 3 winner

I'm calm! haha! Not going to throw myself off a bridge because of it! Just a bit of a wind up really how people can call such a horse average!! Just glad I didn't do my nut on it, they're should be no excuses, it should have been fit, I just kind of feel we didn't see the right SYT as Giddy said the sweating up is not a normal trait of SYT and just think he will perform better next time! Bring on the big clashes!

Frankel wasn't his usual self, he didnt sweat up and didnt look on edge, aaaahhhh thats why he didnt smash them by 10 lengths. :lol:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:42 pm
Group 1 winner

Not saying that is why he lost, just think something was amiss that's all, no excuses though he was beaten fair and square, just think he'll come back with a vengeance! And get a better price on him next time!

Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:44 pm
Selling plater

Does this sort of quash the SYT vs Workforce debate now? I think SYT was beaten by the better horse on the day. Nothing to say that he won't come back and reverse the form with Rewilding.

There was a lot of debate on the use of a pacemaker, which I agree with. SYT is a horse with a turn-of-foot (from what I've seen anyway), and doesn't neccessarily need the pacemaker. I think Jan Vermeer was more of a hinderance to SYT and a help to Rewilding who will relish further IMO. I expect SYT to be bundles better NTO, and AoB will be livid inside that he got it wrong!

Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:52 pm
Group 1 winner

I never said rubbish but l did say average and l will stand by that until he proves it against top horses. As scotty said his first big test and he failed, well l dont think thsi to be true. Yes his first big test over here but he has already failed over in auz in a couple of big races as l will explain, we already agreed that the Gold cup in ireland was a very substandard race so take that away and he has 5 group 1s in AUS, dont forget he was beat over there in the Caulfield Guiness (5th) in the Melbourne Cup (3rd) and in the Emirates Stakes (2nd) so before he proves anything over here l cant see how you can even mention him as better than average with the record he has. Yes 2 cox plates is impressive but what really is that form up too and l for one dont know the auzzy form in those races but all l see is he was beat before coming here and when really expected to perform he let down.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:04 pm
Group 1 winner

I never said rubbish but l did say average and l will stand by that until he proves it against top horses. As scotty said his first big test and he failed, well l dont think thsi to be true. Yes his first big test over here but he has already failed over in auz in a couple of big races as l will explain, we already agreed that the Gold cup in ireland was a very substandard race so take that away and he has 5 group 1s in AUS, dont forget he was beat over there in the Caulfield Guiness (5th) in the Melbourne Cup (3rd) and in the Emirates Stakes (2nd) so before he proves anything over here l cant see how you can even mention him as better than average with the record he has. Yes 2 cox plates is impressive but what really is that form up too and l for one dont know the auzzy form in those races but all l see is he was beat before coming here and when really expected to perform he let down.

he was beat in A 2 mile race errr think its called the melbourne cup
after winning 2 group1s in the 9 days up to the race i think he ran an astonishing performance to place in the melbourne cup
3 g1 races in 9 days form 1m2f upto 2miles
just because you dont have a clue about aussie racing dont slag off something you dont understand about aussie form is up to our standard
you have uk rose tinted glasses on
why do uk horses not have a great record in major meeting like breeders cup yet you think uk racing is be all and end all

so you think was beat fair and square 100 percent but ran a good race aggainst good horses just beat the same could have happend to frankel

judge so you think at the end of the season not now
iyes i said he will be a superstar and a monster ok was wrong
mwesty have you never been wrong

Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:17 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

If he does have a bad season and fails to live up to expectations would you say he is a top class horse on what he achieved to date mate?

Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next