View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 10:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 So You Think V Workforce v The Field Poll 

Coral Eclipse Winner
So You Think 56%  56%  [ 18 ]
Workforce 41%  41%  [ 13 ]
The field 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 32

So You Think V Workforce v The Field Poll 
Group 1 winner

at he end of the day there were several of you siad that workforce would beat syt on any terms

someone said 5 lengths

the pacemaker would have helped syt more than wf if he done his job right

and if those tactics had been used in ascot result would have been the same syt would have cruised past

alot people said i was making excuses in ascot i said rewilding won fair and square even though the tactics were totally wrong credit to rewilding
sounds the same for workforce alot of exscuses
workforce got to the front shouldent he have out stayed syt?????

Last edited by pjrhodes1970 on Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:32 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Without a pacemaker Workforce would have got beat 5 lengths.

I would have to disagree with that, as I don't think the pacemaker did a very good job for Workforce at all.

All things considered, I had expected So You Think to win comfortably by 2 or 3 lengths today, so Workforce has exceeded expectations for me, and it was all the more impressive as he had to lead it out from the turn against a top class horse after his pacemaker wasn't fast enough. I'm sure So You Think will pick up another couple of 1m2f G1s this season, but after today's race Workforce is the Arc favourite for me.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:36 pm
Group 3 winner

Does that make rewilding better then both ??

Over 1m2f.....Possibly!! :lol:

Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:46 pm
Group 1 winner

lads just watched race again on racing post

the pace maker did his job lead after few strides and stayed there till the turn

thats all you can exspect a pacmaker to do as commentator said he did his job dont think you can blame the pacemaker

Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:48 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Not blaming the pacemaker, SYT won the race on merit.
Just the pacemaker couldn't give workforce a good lead just like SYT's couldnt in the Rewilding race, You could see confronts jockey knew it as he started moving off the rail way to early for moores liking in my opinion.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:53 pm
Handicapper

At one stage it looked like confront was trying to block so you think from getting out and chase workforce, but the quality of the fine animal proved too good... The Champ gets his 2nd group 1 victory in the northern hem... Stud value just sky rocketed !!

Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:01 pm
Group 1 winner

thats all you can exspect a pacmaker to do as commentator said he did his job dont think you can blame the pacemaker

Not blaming the pacemaker for Workforce's defeat, although I don't think the original plan would have been for Workforce to lead from half a mile out! So You Think won fair and square, and was the bext horse on the day. If I'm going to be honest though, I had expected So You Think to win more easily than that, especially when the tactics didn't go exactly to plan for Workforce, so in the curcumstances I'd say Workforce's performance was pretty impressive to stay so close. He did a lot better than I expected.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:02 pm
Group 1 winner

From Aidan O'Brien's comments after the race, it seems as though the Arc is not a likely target for So You Think, which is a shame. He has suggested the Juddmonte International, Irish Champion Stakes and possibly another crack at the Cox Plate as possible targets.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:05 pm
Group 1 winner

From Aidan O'Brien's comments after the race, it seems as though the Arc is not a likely target for So You Think, which is a shame. He has suggested the Juddmonte International, Irish Champion Stakes and possibly another crack at the Cox Plate as possible targets.

they wont put him up aggainst pour moi and french connections want pour moi in arc
in that case workforce is a cert for the arc 100percent and i will be backing him
i hope breders cup classic is on the menu

seamie said it was like doing a piece of work at home with a good lead horse said he did it easy
i agree it looked like the pacemaker tried to trap syt in

Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:12 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

seamie said it was like doing a piece of work at home with a good lead horse said he did it easy

Bet he wasnt saying that at the furlong pole when he was getting stuck him to him, didnt think they had to use a whip at home to get past a lead horse :lol:

Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:18 pm
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:

Bet he wasnt saying that at the furlong pole when he was getting stuck him to him, didnt think they had to use a whip at home to get past a lead horse :lol:

i have to say at 1 point i didnt think he was going to get to him but then a few slapps and he picked up nicely

not like frankie though 28 slaps

Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:21 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Just watched the race a couple of times and noticed that when the jockey pulled SYT out of the slipstream behind WF that SYT lost a length and he need to be balanced and didn't get going till several strides later. But once balanced it was a huge effort to catch WF in my opinion. Watch it carefully. SYT should have won by 2 lengths easily. Just my opinion.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:23 pm
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:

Exactly, I don't think many that saw the race will take those comments too seriously! It certainly wasn't easy. I think he actually made hard work of it and should possibly have won a bit more easily.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:24 pm
Group 3 winner

mwesty1 wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

i have to say at 1 point i didnt think he was going to get to him but then a few slapps and he picked up nicely

not like frankie though 28 slaps

Difference was seamie always had a good position, frankie and rewiliding came from the clouds!!!!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:33 pm
Group 1 winner

i still think syt has alot of improvment in him yet

Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:46 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next