View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 4:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 So You Think V Workforce v The Field Poll 

Coral Eclipse Winner
So You Think 56%  56%  [ 18 ]
Workforce 41%  41%  [ 13 ]
The field 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 32

So You Think V Workforce v The Field Poll 
Group 1 winner

Pacemaker did a fine job, silly to suggest otherwise. Time was quick but Confront is not as good as Workforce, he couldn't keep the gallop up. Had Ryan taken a pull all momentum would have been lost and SYT would have easily won. Are you suggesting Workforce track SYT and then do him for toe? :shock:

Had there been no pacemaker, Workforce would have led all the way. I also thought Confront's jockey did a fine job getting out of the way, unlike the Ballydoyle pacemakers who seem to take a leaf out of Sam Allardyce's book and park the proverbial bus.

Fair gallop, fair result, no hard luck stories. I thought Workforce had won a furlong out but his top speed is just below So You Thinks and he was overtaken. I'd comfortably have Workforce on softer ground over 1m4f.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:52 pm
Group 1 winner

Pacemaker did a fine job, silly to suggest otherwise. Time was quick but Confront is not as good as Workforce, he couldn't keep the gallop up. Had Ryan taken a pull all momentum would have been lost and SYT would have easily won. Are you suggesting Workforce track SYT and then do him for toe? :shock:

Had there been no pacemaker, Workforce would have led all the way. I also thought Confront's jockey did a fine job getting out of the way, unlike the Ballydoyle pacemakers who seem to take a leaf out of Sam Allardyce's book and park the proverbial bus.

Fair gallop, fair result, no hard luck stories. I thought Workforce had won a furlong out but his top speed is just below So You Thinks and he was overtaken. I'd comfortably have Workforce on softer ground over 1m4f.

you are spot on mate

Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:56 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Problem I have with this rich is like I have always said, I see it as cheating, at no point was confront ridden to gain its best possible placing.
Jock knew he wasnt going fast enough for Workforce so moved over and totally weakend out of it 23 lentghs adrift of the field!!!!
Confront is a decent performer over a mile or just over, IMO total disgrace to use a horse like this that competes in and wins decent races.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:06 pm
Group 1 winner

Problem I have with this rich is like I have always said, I see it as cheating, at no point was confront ridden to gain its best possible placing.
Jock knew he wasnt going fast enough for Workforce so moved over and totally weakend out of it 23 lentghs adrift of the field!!!!
Confront is a decent performer over a mile or just over, IMO total disgrace to use a horse like this that competes in and wins decent races.

using jan vermer or cape blanco would have been evn more of a disgrace both g1 winners

Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:11 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

scotty64 wrote:

using jan vermer or cape blanco would have been evn more of a disgrace both g1 winners

Too true mate, I made the same point when SYT got beat by rewilding, I totally disagree with pacemakers, a true champ should be able to adapt to any situation.........SEA THE STARS!!!!!! :D

Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:13 pm
Group 1 winner

there is no difinitive proof that workforce would be beter than SYT over 12f

i dont think they will meet again stoute will look to avoid him over 10 and
coolmore have too many options at 1m4

unfortunatley we prob wont see them clash over 12f but my opinion is
syt would win again hopefully we will see them clash at king goerge but
doubtfull think st nic is down to cover that for the team

Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:24 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

i dont think they will meet again stoute will look to avoid him over 10 and coolmore have too many options at 1m4

Stoute won't be looking to avoid SYT over 10f, as it's always been the plan for Workforce to aim for King George, Arc and possibly Breeders' Cup Turf this season. It was never the intention to run over 10f again after the Eclipse. They will only meet again if O'Brien steps SYT up to 12f, which, as you say, is unlikely. Going on yesterday's race though, I'd make Workforce a big favourite if the two clashed over 12f. In fact, even if they clashed over 10f again, if it was a race with a bigger field and Workforce didn't need to lead from 4f out, I wouldn't be surprised if Workforce was able to reverse yesterday's result. As SYT proved at Royal Ascot, it is extremely difficult to hold on when you're in front too early, and I thought Workforce did extremely well in that position yesterday before being run down close to home.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:15 pm
Group 3 winner

So You Think would beat Workforce at any trip, hes just has too much class for him. Once he got into top gear it was very comfortable.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:54 pm
Group 1 winner

So You Think would beat Workforce at any trip, hes just has too much class for him. Once he got into top gear it was very comfortable.

What race were you watching?! It was far from comfortable. In my opinion, given what happened in the race, SYT should probably have won a lot more easily than he did - he ended up making quite hard work of it. The best horse doesn't always win, otherwise Rewilding is the best middle distance horse in Europe right now. SYT led out and got beat by Rewilding at Ascot, Workforce led out and got beat by SYT at Sandown. Both results were due to tactics not quite going right, firstly by O'Brien, then by Stoute.

If they thought they had the best 12f horse in Europe, surely they'd be going to the Arc without question, but instead they're talking of a possible return to Australia to take in the Cox Plate again. The Arc is a far more valuable race than the Cox Plate.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:45 pm
Group 3 winner

It took So You Think a while to hit top gear, once he did, it was comfortable. Heffernan was hands and heels inside the last half furlong and said the race was like a piece of work with a good horse leading him. Workforce is a good horse but class told in the end, he had no excuses and an extra two furlongs isnt going to change the fact that So You Think is too good for him.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:19 pm
Group 1 winner

It took So You Think a while to hit top gear, once he did, it was comfortable. Heffernan was hands and heels inside the last half furlong and said the race was like a piece of work with a good horse leading him. Workforce is a good horse but class told in the end, he had no excuses and an extra two furlongs isnt going to change the fact that So You Think is too good for him.

I think everyone that heard Heffernan's comments after the race knew that they were ever so slightly tongue-in-cheek, referring to Workforce as a "good lead horse"! He had to give a few cracks of the whip inside the final furlong to get past Workforce, but considering Workforce had been in front for 4 furlongs over a distance that is 2f short of his ideal trip, it should really have been very much easier than that for SYT. After two runs in the UK, I am still unconvinced by him, but will be prepared to admit I was wrong if he goes on to win other races a bit more convincingly later in the season.

Interestingly, the Racing Post have a poll on their website today, and 68% of people believe Workforce would win a 12f rematch, so that does seem to be the general opinion.

As for class, I'd take a Derby and Arc win any day ahead of the races that SYT has won.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:46 pm
Handicapper

DocHay wrote:

I think everyone that heard Heffernan's comments after the race knew that they were ever so slightly tongue-in-cheek, referring to Workforce as a "good lead horse"! He had to give a few cracks of the whip inside the final furlong to get past Workforce, but considering Workforce had been in front for 4 furlongs over a distance that is 2f short of his ideal trip, it should really have been very much easier than that for SYT. After two runs in the UK, I am still unconvinced by him, but will be prepared to admit I was wrong if he goes on to win other races a bit more convincingly later in the season.

Interestingly, the Racing Post have a poll on their website today, and 68% of people believe Workforce would win a 12f rematch, so that does seem to be the general opinion.

As for class, I'd take a Derby and Arc win any day ahead of the races that SYT has won.

I am firmly in this camp also

Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:57 pm
Group 1 winner

hey syt could be 4 furlongs short of his ideal trip no one knows
he a class act over different distances 1 mistake in ascot tactics and apob
says he was not spot on for the race i think he will get beter and beter
as the season goes think panther you need to give him a little more
credit he did beat wf fair and square he wf could not out stay him says it all IMO
everyone on atr sunday forum said the same syt would beat workforce
over further racing post experts said same

Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:34 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

everyone on atr sunday forum said the same syt would beat workforce over further racing post experts said same

Can you give me the link to where the Racing Post experts said this? Public opinion seems to be very much in favour of Workforce being the better 12f horse.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:42 pm
Group 1 winner

My point is not that Workforce should have won yesterday. Before the race, I expected SYT to win by around 2 lengths, considering it was a 10f race and there was a slight doubt about Stoute's stable form. So, considering things didn't go exactly to plan with the pacemaker and WF had to lead it out with 4 furlongs still to go (something that is very difficult to do, as SYT himself proved last month), I actually think if SYT was the horse everyone thinks he is, he should have been able to take advantage of that and sail past WF and win by 3 or 4 lengths, comfortably. In the end though, he made rather a meal of it and didn't get going until the final furlong. This is why I'm still far from convinced, and the poll on the Racing Post's website seems to suggest that most of the racing public is still far from convinced too.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next