View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 So You Think V Workforce v The Field Poll 

Coral Eclipse Winner
So You Think 56%  56%  [ 18 ]
Workforce 41%  41%  [ 13 ]
The field 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 32

So You Think V Workforce v The Field Poll 
Group 1 winner

fabre has the best record in arc history 7 wins
do you think they would risk him loosing the 8th with one of there own horses when there are many big races in the world out there
think people think the arc is the be all and end all it is an important race in europe but!

breeders cup far more important especially when a stud career is thought of

winning a breeders cup is the nearest thing to wining an olympic gold medal for an athlete

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:48 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

If I was O'Brien I'd aim for a run up to a Breeder's cup classic and then send him to Dubai if he handles the Tapeta it could be devastating as I think the Coolmore/Godolphin war is coming to an end and O'brien has started having runners out there last year. One to watch out for is Igugu of Mike De Kock's, won the Durban July the big South African race this weekend and is supposedly the best filly they have ever seen down there, unbeaten in SA and is a daughter of Galileo imported from Australia, they are possibly aiming for Dubai but they are having problems exporting horses at the moment and De Kock doesn't want to put the horse through it. Let's hope she makes it to Dubai as she could be a bit special.

Good video of the Durban July here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-6z_-g8N6M

Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:04 pm
Group 1 winner

do you mean the dubai world cup carnival in march nick because i think coolmore will retire SYT at end of this season

Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:34 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

i saw the race live nick she is very impressive mate a real eyecatcher
gallileo is some stallion
could become the best ever

Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:36 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

its actually a joke some people here think he wouldent stay mile 4 come on
3rd in g1 carrying top weight over 2 miles you are having a laugh if you think he dont stay 1m4

Nobody has said that SYT won't stay 12f. What they are saying is that if SYT and WF raced over 12f, more people believe WF would win. It has nothing to do with SYT not staying; it is to do with the fact that WF is a better horse over 12f, and yet still managed to get within half a length of SYT over 10f.

The way the Eclipse was run on Saturday, everything was handed to SYT on a plate, yet he still made a meal of it, got going late, and passed WF with half a furlong to go (remember that WF has no previous form at the highest level at 10f and had to lead for the last 4f). And this performance followed a defeat to Rewilding at Ascot. It's hardly form that is setting the world of racing alight, yet people seem convinced that he is a "monster" and a "superstar" because of what he did in Australia. Sorry, but he is going to need to win his other races this year a LOT more easily to convince the rest of us that he is indeed a superstar. On current form, he is nowhere even close to the likes of Sea The Stars.

I have nothing at all against SYT - I just don't think he's the superstar some people seem to think he is, and he has shown nothing in his two UK races so far to convince me otherwise.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:26 pm
Group 1 winner

think people think the arc is the be all and end all it is an important race in europe but!

breeders cup far more important especially when a stud career is thought of

The Arc, along with the Derby, are by far the most important races in Europe from a stud point of view, and the Arc is always a much higher quality race than its US equivalent, the Breeders' Cup Turf*. The Arc is also more valuable than any of the races at the Breeders' Cup.

*The Breeders' Cup Turf last year was won by Dangerous Midge, a horse whose only notable wins prior to that race were the Old Newton Cup and the Group 3 Arc Trial at Newbury! Yet he was still 5/1 for the BC Turf! I think that shows that the BC Turf is a far inferior race to the Arc.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:48 pm
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
3rd in g1 carrying top weight over 2 miles you are having a laugh if you think he dont stay 1m4

Nobody has said that SYT won't stay 12f. What they are saying is that if SYT and WF raced over 12f, more people believe WF would win. It has nothing to do with SYT not staying; it is to do with the fact that WF is a better horse over 12f, and yet still managed to get within half a length of SYT over 10f.

The way the Eclipse was run on Saturday, everything was handed to SYT on a plate, yet he still made a meal of it, got going late, and passed WF with half a furlong to go (remember that WF has no previous form at the highest level at 10f and had to lead for the last 4f). And this performance followed a defeat to Rewilding at Ascot. It's hardly form that is setting the world of racing alight, yet people seem convinced that he is a "monster" and a "superstar" because of what he did in Australia. Sorry, but he is going to need to win his other races this year a LOT more easily to convince the rest of us that he is indeed a superstar. On current form, he is nowhere even close to the likes of Sea The Stars.

I have nothing at all against SYT - I just don't think he's the superstar some people seem to think he is, and he has shown nothing in his two UK races so far to convince me otherwise.

were is your proof that wf is beter than syt at 1m4f
and if you are putting financial prowess over big race prestege then rewilding should be rated by you as he won the sheema classic the second richest race in the world
i just say it as i see it beter horse won only my opinion if it was 1m2f or 1m4f no need to take it to heart mate just an opinion

Last edited by pjrhodes1970 on Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:02 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

panther wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

and if you are putting finacial prowess over big race prestege then rewilding should be rated by you as he won the sheema classic the second richest race in the world
i just say it as i see it beter horse won only my opinion

I think Panther meant Workforce is better at 12F than 10F, not compared to SYT

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:03 pm
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
panther wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

and if you are putting finacial prowess over big race prestege then rewilding should be rated by you as he won the sheema classic the second richest race in the world
i just say it as i see it beter horse won only my opinion

I think Panther meant Workforce is better at 12F than 10F, not compared to SYT

theres no doubting that he is a mile 4 horse i am suprised they targeted 1m2f races

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:05 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

i have never even mentioned that he is in sea the stars league
but i do think he is one of the best horses in the world still in training

if you have set your bar at sea the stars for a horse to be called a superstar
you might be waiting along time to see another

i dont think a horse has to reach those levels to be called a superstar

e.g i would call ronaldo a superstar but becuase he does not reach the levels of messi or pele means he is not a superstar?

people use the term superstar differently i guess i am more easler pleased and you are more of a perfectionist which is more than fair enough
people are different and opinions are diffrent good to voice them

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:16 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

As bazdev said, I was meaning that WF is better over 12f than 10f. I probably should have worded it better.

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
and if you are putting financial prowess over big race prestege then rewilding should be rated by you as he won the sheema classic the second richest race in the world

Rewilding is very good, but not world class in my opinion. The Dubai Sheema Classic is valuable, but it's not the world's second richest race. Along with the BC Turf, it's another race that offers a lot of money, but doesn't seem to attract the very best turf horses.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:30 pm
Group 1 winner

gsome might say you cant call sea the stars a superstar because he does not match up to

Nijinsky

Railway Stakes (1969)
Anglesey Stakes (1969)
Beresford Stakes (1969)
Dewhurst Stakes (1969)
Gladness Stakes (1970)
2,000 Guineas (1970)
Epsom Derby (1970)
Irish Derby (1970)
K. George VI & Q. Elizabeth Stakes (1970)
St. Leger Stakes (1970)
i dont agree with that point but sts did not complete a triple crown but he was one of the best ever both are superstars
i would call frankel a superstar but he has not reached the levels of the 2
above horses

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:37 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:

As bazdev said, I was meaning that WF is better over 12f than 10f. I probably should have worded it better.

pjrhodes1970 wrote:

Rewilding is very good, but not world class in my opinion. The Dubai Sheema Classic is valuable, but it's not the world's second richest race. Along with the BC Turf, it's another race that offers a lot of money, but doesn't seem to attract the very best turf horses.

in the case of dubai the reason for that is its the place it has in the calendar too early in the season

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:38 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I agree completely. And regarding a point you made in an earlier post, I am also a big fan of worldwide racing, and always keep an eye on the big races and horses around the world; the fact that flat racing is a truly global sport is one of the main reasons why I prefer the flat to the jumps. I'm also all for horses travelling around the world and taking on horses in other countries; I'd actually like to see more of that. So, I'm happy that SYT is racing over here this year, but I'm just not convinced yet that he is as good as people think. I will admit I was wrong if his performances get better as the season goes on though!

And no, I don't need a horse to be as good as Sea The Stars to be considered a superstar, but I was just making a point that I think SYT is still a long way short of that. For me though, great horses come along quite often, but true superstars are extremely rare.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:42 pm
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:

I agree completely. And regarding a point you made in an earlier post, I am also a big fan of worldwide racing, and always keep an eye on the big races and horses around the world; the fact that flat racing is a truly global sport is one of the main reasons why I prefer the flat to the jumps. I'm also all for horses travelling around the world and taking on horses in other countries; I'd actually like to see more of that. So, I'm happy that SYT is racing over here this year, but I'm just not convinced yet that he is as good as people think. I will admit I was wrong if his performances get better as the season goes on though!

And no, I don't need a horse to be as good as Sea The Stars to be considered a superstar, but I was just making a point that I think SYT is still a long way short of that. For me though, great horses come along quite often, but true superstars are extremely rare.

true enough mate all too rarley

Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:31 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next