View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 3:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 So You Think V Workforce v The Field Poll 

Coral Eclipse Winner
So You Think 56%  56%  [ 18 ]
Workforce 41%  41%  [ 13 ]
The field 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 32

So You Think V Workforce v The Field Poll 
Handicapper

Yet again we have sunk into the "football fan" mentality. My team/trainer/horse/stud etc is better than yours....zzzzzz

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:13 pm
Group 1 winner

Lol, going 15 miles away to listen to some guy bang on about a covered up pyramid scheme and I come back to this sure gave me a giggle! I have nothing against Stoute and think he has done a job, not one of us could have done! Nothing against the man, all I said is that if he was pulled out saturday it would be a poor decision for the good of racing and that he handled the bc debacle wrongly, even a great man can make mistakes! I don't have a vendetta against any horse or trainer, just voicing my opinion that the racing public should be treated better by the connections when referring to pulling a horse out!

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:19 pm
Group 1 winner

Yet again we have sunk into the "football fan" mentality. My team/trainer/horse/stud etc is better than yours....zzzzzz

Not really sure what you mean by this. I decided to challenge PJ's claim that Stoute's overseas record was average by stating that I believe his record outside of Europe is superior to that of O'Brien, so I wouldn't say the thread had sunk into "football fan" mentality. I'm no more a fan of Stoute than I am of O'Brien, to be perfectly honest. I prefer to follow individual horses rather than stables.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:34 am
Handicapper

None of them have won as many G1's as I have anyway ;)

:D :D :D :D :D

Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:04 am
Group 1 winner

bosra sham wrote:

Not really sure what you mean by this. I decided to challenge PJ's claim that Stoute's overseas record was average by stating that I believe his record outside of Europe is superior to that of O'Brien, so I wouldn't say the thread had sunk into "football fan" mentality. I'm no more a fan of Stoute than I am of O'Brien, to be perfectly honest. I prefer to follow individual horses rather than stables.

i agree just good banter nothing else mate and 2 people voicing there opinions and respecting each others opinions nothing else bosra mate just 2 peopel putting over there opinions nothing to do with a team ethic or football ethic
you cant beat a bit of banter not to be taken so seriously
i think we both put over our opinions well and as panther pointed out stoute had achieved more than i knew overseas so i learnt somthing from it
dont think we need to question people just having a bit of a debate
i thought thats what forums were all about or am i in wrong ball park

i respected panthers points of view and he educated me we both never went over the top at all infact it was a great debate

Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:23 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

delighted that apob has taken the rest of his crew out and left so you think in alone

i thought they were red herrons i called it on monday

let the games begin

2 good horses doing battle

thats what its all about

Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:25 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

syt 59%
wf 40%
f 0%
total 99%
where has the other 1 % gone to a mystery

Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:43 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

At the prices they are i think im going to go with Snow Fairy just for value. Shes going to be up against it after being off the track so long but her form abroad is top notch imo and if shes fit enough then she'll push these 2 all the way. She goes on the ground and is quick enough for 1m2 and stays 1m4. 8/1 is way too big. Workforce is better over 1m4 and SYT is living off Australian form and 2 wins in mediocre g3s. Im not doubting hes a very good horse but hes got to prove it over here, not just come with the reputation and thats enough. I would think SF would track the other 2 and i wouldnt be surprised if she kicked on early and tried to outstay SYT and outpace WF. Will be a cracking race nonetheless but im hoping im on to a winner with the filly.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:54 pm
Group 1 winner

At the prices they are i think im going to go with Snow Fairy just for value. Shes going to be up against it after being off the track so long but her form abroad is top notch imo and if shes fit enough then she'll push these 2 all the way. She goes on the ground and is quick enough for 1m2 and stays 1m4. 8/1 is way too big. Workforce is better over 1m4 and SYT is living off Australian form and 2 wins in mediocre g3s. Im not doubting hes a very good horse but hes got to prove it over here, not just come with the reputation and thats enough. I would think SF would track the other 2 and i wouldnt be surprised if she kicked on early and tried to outstay SYT and outpace WF. Will be a cracking race nonetheless but im hoping im on to a winner with the filly.

we will see will be hard for snow fairy to get in top 2 but could be wrong

cant wait have kept the faith have backed SYT again just hope seamie rides patiently would prefer colm on board

Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:30 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:38 pm
Group 3 winner

If So You Think settles tomorrow there is only one winner.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:42 am
Group 1 winner

well l could well regret this but after laying murray for quite a bit at the start and then went in again yesterday as people was backing him at crazy prices l decided to use all the winnings around £350ish and have layed SYT.

I hear the ground, the pace is all against me but at odds on against a record time breaking derby winner l think the price is right to get involved

Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:31 am
Group 1 winner

My only concern is that I don't think he has the cojones for a battle.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:31 am
Group 1 winner

After all the banter over on the SYT v Frankel post and this one, my reputation is up for stake today! I said Workforce was inconsistent (Rogue!! Lol) and beatable (Please don't ask me to explain this again look at the 11 pages in the Frankel v SYT forum lol). The time has come and I cannot wait for the race, I'm unsure whether Confront will be able to go quick enough for Workforce, I think SYT will cruise on the heels and steam on, the only thing I'm worried about is that Sandown hill, if he's working away on SYT round the corner, he's going to have no chance whatsoever. IMO SYT is going to need to be travelling nicely and settled to about the 2 pole and then unleashed, I'm having worries about whether the track will suit due to the difference between aussie and our tracks, if you watch his races there he's in front on the bend and away, sometimes he does tire infront as well (see Cox plate 2010/Suppose you could say POW) and up that hill he could be a sitting duck if he dosen't settle and isn't unleashed until the end. I personally hope Snow Fairy gives a great account, being underestimated in this and is a fantastic horse, so if something does beat SYT I hope and think it would be Snow Fairy!

Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:02 am
Handicapper

What a Champion... Australia loves you SO YOU THINK !!!

Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next