View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 5:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 NH HORSES 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: NH HORSES
Sprinter Sacre will not run in Saturday's BetVictor Tingle Creek Chase at Sandown

His Tracheal wash that took place this morning is again unsatisfactory, I guess it's right to defend his unbeaten record

on another note bit off topic & wrong thread but oh well

Butler 5year ban that's ridiculously lenient 9 horses fail drug tests & only a 5 year ban hardly going to put the cheats off
that comes over as been incredibly weak from BHA AGAIN! only my opinion

Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:59 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:

Butler 5year ban that's ridiculously lenient 9 horses fail drug tests & only a 5 year ban hardly going to put the cheats off

Rumour is in Newmarket that he'll be 'taking over' from David Elsworth until he retires when Gerard Butler's ban ends... :?

Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:46 pm
Group 3 winner

i read an article in the Irish Field few weeks ago highly critical of the jumps season as its becoming dominated by big money who own key horses who wont race them during regular season mainly to just save them for Cheltenham. True though Mullins best crop is getting bought up by them pink silked Bailout Banker moneys.

At first i felt defensive to this attack on my beloved jumps as i love it dearly. I find it more exciting and endearing to be able to follow a horse for many seasons not just two like the flat these days! However after the witnessing the form in Britain and Ireland in last few weeks and too many big name horses pulling out and dodging battles namely Jetski V Hurricane etc it does seem like they have diminished the rest of the years jump season. Cheltenham is becoming the only game in town.
Lets see more of the top horses and stars battle before the war @Cheltenham! It would aid in the buuild up and hype and what better way to end rivalry at Cheltenham. How can we have great rivalries if they hardly ever meet beforehand?

Dont get me wrong i love Cheltenham as much as any. But we have to maintain a full season of racing. If only to keep the public and punters connected to the sport.
Racing rules over all types of fencing has changed and anything goes now thats all good and well but we need to have some sense of progression of qualification -trials to group races and not just have unproven 1hit wonder milk horses entering races of proven veteran national hunt champs and stealing their glory.

the BHA though will they ever listen to real punters! sigh

paraphrase "'Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist" george carlin

Kauto Star, Brave Inca, Hurricane Fly, Arkle http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkle, Ruby Walsh, Paul Nichols, Ouija Board, Goldikova, Peeping Fawn, Harbringer, Sea The Stars, Frankel, Hear The Echo, just some of my favs. in betting and fun! ;)

Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:17 pm
Group 1 winner

SuperCat wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

Rumour is in Newmarket that he'll be 'taking over' from David Elsworth until he retires when Gerard Butler's ban ends... :?

They're both at Egerton, but I doubt it- the BHA would be seriously angry and would likely warn him off if this was the case.

Anyway, the 5 year ban is not really a ban that lasts 5 years, the intention is that it ends a trainers career, such as Howard Johnson who only got 4 years but realised his career was in effect over

Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10