View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 2:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Frankel 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Frankel
I agree. I think Cirrus Des Aigles is just about the best 10f horse in Europe right now (of the ones that have proven form over 10f), but I think Frankel would beat him pretty easily over that distance. I also think Frankel would beat Camelot quite easily, which is why I can't see those two meeting this year if Camelot remains unbeaten after the Derby.

Sun May 20, 2012 5:04 pm
Group 1 winner

You have to remember that Frankel is a very, very exceptional racehorse, with rare ability. You cant compare him to anything of his generation. Maybe to horses of the past 50 years or so, (Brigadier Gerard springs to mind) but his modern day peers are simply not in the same league.

Sun May 20, 2012 5:30 pm
Group 1 winner

I agree BC would beat Frankel at 6f and Frankel would beat BC at 1M, it's they preffered distances and why spoil the record of one of these legends by racing the other at a distance they don't want.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:31 pm
Group 1 winner

exxplozion wrote:
I agree BC would beat Frankel at 6f and Frankel would beat BC at 1M, it's they preffered distances and why spoil the record of one of these legends by racing the other at a distance they don't want.

Frankel is the most freakish talented horse i have ever seen only thing missing was a win overseas
i don't buy into thoughts that he had to win over 1m4 to be regarded as best ever
i do think they missed a trick not sending him to BC
just run him handy over the turf mile he would have destroyed anything even wise dan
Breeders cup mile in 2011 when he was a 3yo was there for the taking no problem missed opportunity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_JY35JjPt8

Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:36 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

His legacy cemented even further by Farrh and Cirrus finishing one two in the Champion. Frankel beat these with minimal effort. What an amazing horse he was and one we wont see the like of again!

Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:13 pm
Group 2 winner

Frankel2012 wrote:
His legacy cemented even further by Farrh and Cirrus finishing one two in the Champion. Frankel beat these with minimal effort. What an amazing horse he was and one we wont see the like of again!

Slightly disagree with the 'minimal effort' comment regarding his win of Cirrus last year. Cirrus was the first horse to make Queally really have to get busy in the final furlong of a race since perhaps his maiden on Frankel. Of course he won well but Cirrus put up a real fight and went down by just 1 and 3/4 lengths.

Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:18 am
Group 1 winner

Pricey wrote:
Frankel2012 wrote:

Slightly disagree with the 'minimal effort' comment regarding his win of Cirrus last year. Cirrus was the first horse to make Queally really have to get busy in the final furlong of a race since perhaps his maiden on Frankel. Of course he won well but Cirrus put up a real fight and went down by just 1 and 3/4 lengths.

Agreed, Cirrus at least made him dig a little deeper than all his other effortless annihilation's of previous fields.

Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2