View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 7:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Frankel 
Group 1 winner

Post Frankel
Thought I might set this up for future discussion over the season.

Sat May 19, 2012 12:25 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Frankel
i have heard excellebration has improved this season and become a really decent miler but has no chance of beating frankel

Sat May 19, 2012 1:04 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

awsome frankel

Sat May 19, 2012 4:16 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Thought Excelebration looked in decent nick (not sure why Francome wasn't so sweet) and thought it would be close, especially when Bullet Train didn't set that strong a pace and JOB was just following Frankel but he just left them for dead.

He'd win the Arc, he'd win the Melbourne Cup, he'd win the July Cup.

Sat May 19, 2012 4:17 pm
Group 1 winner

anubisrich wrote:

He'd win the Arc, he'd win the Melbourne Cup, he'd win the July Cup.

cant agree

looking forward to see him over further though

Sat May 19, 2012 4:19 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

He'd win an Arc and a July Cup no problem.

Sat May 19, 2012 4:23 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

He'd definitely win a Melbourne Cup, they walk the first mile and a half and sprint the rest :lol:

Sat May 19, 2012 4:25 pm
Group 1 winner

ive had 2 quid on him winning the national..... lolol

Sat May 19, 2012 5:53 pm
Selling plater

I didn't think he was travelling all that well and then he just flew by! Amazing horse, hope he steps up in trip but I think I'd be heartbroken if he lost!

Sat May 19, 2012 5:56 pm
Group 1 winner

If you take it at face value compared to last season he won incredibly well. In the QE2 he had to get serious with him and he beat excelebration by 4-5 lengths. Yesterday he beat him by further and all Queally had to do was shake tu reins about a bit. Factor in the fact excelebration had a run before and frankel missed a week and you can see just how good it was. I think if he were to stay at a mile he would mop up and remain unbeaten without doubt as there is nothing to beat him over a mile. He travelled beautifully the whole race and moved away easily at the shake of the reins. I don't know about the arc but he would beat BC in the July cup any day, and personally I would love to see him contest as I wonder whether we will see him fully shaken up. I think in a 6f race they would say go 3-4f out and that would be the race over, or they could do what they did in the guineas. I think the sussex will be off now anyway, BC won't fancy him over a mile anymore.

Sun May 20, 2012 8:01 am
Handicapper

I think we can safely say that Frankel and BC will never meet on a race track. However once both are retired, If I was an owner of either, I would be getting them together as quickly as I possibly could. I would do it 2 years in a row, 1 for the Cecil yard and 1 for the Moody yard. In about 5 years we can start all over again.

(on a side note, thanks to whoever cleaned up the forum. I've gone from 300 posts down to 278. Bastards :lol: )

Sun May 20, 2012 8:47 am
Group 1 winner

I see Black Caviar is being disrespected again - if She was running in england and frankel in australia you would be having it the other way round!

Frankel is the best ever and i believe he would walk the arc if he ran in it but he wont be entered but im sorry, Black Caviar would beat him over 6f. Yes he would destroy her over the mile but this is the exact reason they will not race each other!!why should she have to step up to a mile to race him??step out of her comfort zone to give him the advantage. Lets just enjoy these superstars for what they are, a champion sprinter and a champion miler!!

Sun May 20, 2012 11:05 am
Group 1 winner

Have to disagree with you, think he would beat her over 6f, if he was trained in Australia he would be trained as a 6f sprinter because that's what he is, a 6f horse that is able to keep going longer than other 6f horses.

A race I would really love to see would be 3 way match over a straight 1m2f at Newmarket, Camelot vs frankel vs cirrus des aigles. That would be a race to see.

Sun May 20, 2012 11:14 am
Group 1 winner

Ubar02 wrote:
A race I would really love to see would be 3 way match over a straight 1m2f at Newmarket, Camelot vs frankel vs cirrus des aigles. That would be a race to see.

With Cirrus Des Aigles not being eligible for the Arc, he will likely be one of Frankel's main challengers in the Champion Stakes at Ascot, but I think Camelot will take the Arc route instead, and I'll be surprised if he meets Frankel this season, especially if all goes well for him in the Derby.

Sun May 20, 2012 11:53 am
Group 1 winner

Im sorry but how can you possibly go from saying Frankel would cast aside the superstar sprinter that is Black Caviar over 6f, to saying that you want to see him race Cirrus Des Aigles over 12f. It is laughable mate, Black Caviar is a superstar sprinter, Cirrus is a very good 10f horse but the likes of which you see every couple of seasons. Frankel would walk all over him and as for Camelto, although the horse has undoubted potential, it is hardly a mouthwatering clash as things stand (Frankels record vs a horse with 3 runs, one group one won by a very short margin). Let Camelot live up to the hype before anticipating him racing a legend like Frankel

Sun May 20, 2012 4:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next