View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 6:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 629 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 42  Next
 TOP BILLING 
Selling plater

Post Re: TOP BILLING
Everyone has their own opinions, some better argued than others and some more valid than others. I think we saw a very good, classy horse today in Novellist who must be high in anybody's shortlist for the Arc now after that display, if you have a look at his profile he has won 8 of his 10 races so he is a horse to be reckoned with and today might have been the day he came of age. I was satisfied with the run of Hillstar who ran as I expected when finishing a good third, he is still improving and will hold his own in this company. Trading Leather performed better than what I thought and he is clearly a good horse, but I don't see him winning races such as the Juddmonte, Champion Stakes etc. Finally the big talking point, Cirrus Des Aigles, I was one of those who thought the 13/8 available was short because I knew the race would be run at a breakneck gallop and he wouldn't stay, which is what happened in the end. It will be interesting to see his next run, possibly in the Juddmonte.

Agree with the comments about Mukhadram and Al Kazeem, the formline is simply not good enough for a horse like Al Kazeem to land the Arc, infact I would be amazed if he was to win it with the likes of Novellist, Intello, Orfevre, Flintshire, Treve all in opposition, I would even throw in Telescope. He may well win his next race but when it comes to the Arc, I think his bubble will burst and he will get put in his place by superior horses.

Last edited by HighFlying07 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:24 pm
Group 1 winner

Al Kazeem> Pure class. Time will tell Frankel. Watch this space.

Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:31 pm
Handicapper

Al Kazeem was entered for the King George at first but when they seen the opposition they went for the easier option for the Eclipse with horses he had already beat. He cant avoid any top horses in the Arc and that is when he will get found out and then try and make an excuse up afterwards. The Eclipse was an easier race than the KG and they will not go the Juddmonte cos the Irish Champion will be an easier race than that. Wouldn't be surprised if they missed the Arc and changed their plans for something easier to keep his run going and to fool people further. Might be wrong but thats what i think

Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:48 pm
Group 1 winner

They might have also gone for the eclipse as it means a 2 or 3 week longer break than if they waited for the king George, which with a more injury prone horse like al Kazeem who has already raced 4 times this season. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Mukhadram win today? He didn't scrape home either and you cant use that to 'disprove' the al Kazeem form as every race is different. Also, like it or not, CDA is 7, and his victory over st nic was over a year ago, Goldikova 2 years ago, and 2nd to Frankel on his favoured ground. He was a very good horse but age catches up with them eventually- look at twice over at 7- didn't win a race. Sometimes I wonder if you actually watch the races you're talking about judging by some of your opinions.

Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:17 pm
Group 1 winner

CDA has also had a major injury since the Champion stakes on top of being a year older.

Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:20 pm
Group 3 winner

ive never heard so many lame excuses! lol the best horse won on the day get over it lads move on

Kauto Star, Brave Inca, Hurricane Fly, Arkle http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkle, Ruby Walsh, Paul Nichols, Ouija Board, Goldikova, Peeping Fawn, Harbringer, Sea The Stars, Frankel, Hear The Echo, just some of my favs. in betting and fun! ;)

Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:25 pm
Group 1 winner

Absolutely, took 2 seconds off the course record which was admittedly in part due to fast early pace, but did it effortlessly.

Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:41 pm
Handicapper

We will see Ubar and it will be you who is proved wrong yet again on these forums and not for the first time either. Al Kazeem and Mukhadram are very closely matched and they are beating horses who are nothing special. None of them have faced anything of note yet. Put a genuine top class group 1 horse in against them and they will be found wanting believe me

Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:50 pm
Selling plater

the best horse won the race, i'm just analising the race as a whole and seeing the bigger picture, something which people on here don't seem to understand. Yes Mukhadram won today, beating Grandeur by three quarters of a length, great form. maybe he wasn't fully wound up but he won't be winning a Juddmonte International, that's for sure. Al Kazeem wouldn't have beat Novellist today, like it or not.

Last edited by HighFlying07 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:50 pm
Handicapper

Novellist looks a very good horse indeed. Should go close in Arc if he reproduces that

Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:52 pm
Group 1 winner

Can you stop clogging up top billing with this. Stick it in daily discussion if you must. I'd like to keep track of what db might post and also now highflying please.

Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:53 pm
Group 1 winner

keithbeaky wrote:
Can you stop clogging up top billing with this. Stick it in daily discussion if you must. I'd like to keep track of what db might post and also now highflying please.

I agree, well said.

Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:55 pm
Handicapper

Ok sorry folks. No more from me on the matter. What do people think on the big one in France tomorrow? Prix Rothschild

Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:00 pm
Selling plater

Yes well said.

Well no runners from the team tomorrow, but I am confident in the big one over in France:

Elusive Kate Deauville 14:40

This is a really brave gutsy filly with a lot of class, no doubt in my mind that she was the best horse in that Falmouth last time and I think she has the beating of all these on all known form. I don't see any of the 3 year olds troubling her, and how about the rest? I think she proved last time that she has the beating of Giofra and as for Duntle, I just see her as being just short of a proper group 1 filly and think she will struggle against Elusive Kate here. Bigger field to contend with, however I expect her to take all the beating and land the group 1 prize for the second year running. 3/1 is a very good price for her in my mind.
[*][*][*][*][*]

Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:07 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Runner
I was contemplating trying to see Goodwood through, at least in previews of the runners there anyway, but it is sadly not going to fit, so I will sign off here ....

15:05 - Ascot - Handicap C2 - 12f
Quote:
Bishop Roko
Rock Of Gibraltar x Kirk – 28.02.2009 – Bay gelding
Roger Charlton
Caught the eye as a juvenile and showed why last season when spread-eagling a maiden field that contained a number of future winners. An injury on the gallops followed and a setback to his recovery resulted in him ultimately being sidelined for the remainder of the season. Returned this season, he could yet still prove the smart middle-distance prospect he shaped as on debut.

Has needed a couple of runs to get him back up to full sharpness, but no excuses from here having had the cobwebs firmly blown away now. Interesting back on turf, in receipt of weight from most, at a track that should really be to his liking, and must have a massive shout here in a race that for the grade, is very winnable. I can't pretend his price is anything special, given there has to be some reservations over fast ground though, but hopefully he will bow me out on a winner.
Rating - ****

Thank you for your kind posts over the last week, and for the support, tolerance and debate on here over near-to four years now. The breeding aspect of the racehorse is an interesting and intriguing thing and I hope that these threads, the discussion that has come with it and the emphasis on maiden races, as well as on breeding, has at least encouraged one or two to explore the pedigree angle further and be less afraid of getting involved with juvenile races.
I wish you all the best going forward, in whatever walks of life you're heading and basically, take care old beans. (you included my darling SC!!) :wink: :lol:
It's been a pleasure.

Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 629 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 42  Next