View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 4:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Channel 4 racing. 
Group 1 winner

Post Channel 4 racing.
So, after another idiotic comment from Graham Cunningham I was forced to turn off the racing again this afternoon. I find it so frustrating to have such utter **** spouted at us each week, it's got worse in my opinion.

So what do other people think? Better or worse in the year or so they new team have been operating?

Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:13 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Channel 4 racing.
SuperCat wrote:
So, after another idiotic comment from Graham Cunningham I was forced to turn off the racing again this afternoon. I find it so frustrating to have such utter **** spouted at us each week, it's got worse in my opinion.

So what do other people think? Better or worse in the year or so they new team have been operating?

100% agree. CH 4 is awful, bring back the old team. If the same racing is on At theRaces then I'll watch that.

I think the Grand National was better on the BBC. Nick Luck gets on my nerves. Getting Younger doesn't make it better.

Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:24 pm
Group 1 winner

i terribly Miss the old guard
also noted they are using Jim McGrath alot less now he the only half decent tipster

i chat to GC on twitter

sometimes i dont think he has a clue

i even miss Mac i never thought id be saying that

Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:30 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
i terribly Miss the old guard
also noted they are using Jim McGrath alot less now he the only half decent tipster

i chat to GC on twitter

sometimes i dont think he has a clue

i even miss Mac i never thought id be saying that

I think Ch4 is like RacingUk, bland with no personality.

Mike Cattermole is sadly missed and Big Mac who added a bit of entertainment.

I was happy when At The Races won the rights to irish Racing.

Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:44 pm
Group 1 winner

What was the comment?

Cattermole was an awful judge and an even worse commentator. I think if you consistently call the wrong horses when commentating you should expect to lose your job. Big Mac is clueless but the new kid is no better and Tanya has never had any idea . McGrath wasn't there for personal reasons today and remains the best pundit around. Down might be missed a bit imo. Tv is for idiots now across a lot of sports.

Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:14 pm
Group 1 winner

Sorry to see the Aussie Jim retire witrh him gone and Graham Goode its not the same Big Mac was entertaining at least but it is Racinguk in disguise I know I watch RacingUk and still do now where I used to watch CH4 for the HD I don't know I keep it on Racing Uk.

Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:13 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Selling plater

Have to agree C4 is now pants apart from the guests who have a remarkable ability to win a decent race in the afternoon, normally ignore the other tips but do take heed of the guests charity bet.

I do miss Francome, he was a shrewdy and in the know, plus not afraid to set out his stall with a decent price tip and take on the guest with some tricky questions

It's now a show that seems to try and get as many women on as possible, diversity yes but not at the expense of quality.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:12 pm
Group 1 winner

keithbeaky wrote:
What was the comment?

Cattermole was an awful judge and an even worse commentator. I think if you consistently call the wrong horses when commentating you should expect to lose your job. Big Mac is clueless but the new kid is no better and Tanya has never had any idea . McGrath wasn't there for personal reasons today and remains the best pundit around. Down might be missed a bit imo. Tv is for idiots now across a lot of sports.

It was the comment he made after Kingman won 'This performance points towards him being a world class miler.' He won a 7f ******* group 3 classic trial against more or less untested horses! How stupid can you get?!

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Did anyone read about how their Aintree figures fell? The problem is that they're aiming it a racing newbies, and romanticists (like the BBC did), but completely forgetting about all of us people who have watched for years. I generally catch up online now. I just wish I could justify the cost of RUK, but considering the amount of adverts they put on I just don't think it's worth it.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:05 am
Group 1 winner

SuperCat wrote:
keithbeaky wrote:
What was the comment?

It was the comment he made after Kingman won 'This performance points towards him being a world class miler.' He won a 7f ******* group 3 classic trial against more or less untested horses! How stupid can you get?!

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Did anyone read about how their Aintree figures fell? The problem is that they're aiming it a racing newbies, and romanticists (like the BBC did), but completely forgetting about all of us people who have watched for years. I generally catch up online now. I just wish I could justify the cost of RUK, but considering the amount of adverts they put on I just don't think it's worth it.

I do think there is some grounding in that comment, it's a well respected race that has produced several world class milers of late (CC, frankel, excelebration to name a few), there were a some well regarded horses in that race, and he put them all away with a super turn of foot that looked like it came the second James Doyle asked for it, an incredibly useful quality for a miler, and gosden says he has the highest cruising speed of any miler he's ever trained, and he's trained some decent horses over the years.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]