View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 1:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 2YO Statbars an insight to Breeding 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: 2YO Statbars an insight to Breeding
I think the only way to level the playing field is to hide the bars, lets go back to the way it was. I think the game would last longer that way. I'd be all in favour of that.

I know people think there's one way( if u want good horse) to breed horses but it's not true, Thunder is clearly using a computer style approach to breeding horses but I'm a million miles away from using that approach ( that way would bore me). I'm more of a throw enough mud at the wall type of breeder. The best advice I was given when I started to play was from Andy ( did he cheat who knows), sometimes u got to go back to go forwards. I'm doing that right now, I love breeding my long distance flat stayers and I'm trying to improve them and I've gone back and picked two horses out from the past that could help improve them, one is from this time last year and I've even gone back and pulled a filly from almost 2 years ago. It might be a complete waste of my time ( got plenty of spare time again now) but if it works it could improve them slightly but they could turn out to be slow boats, that's my type of approach to breeding.

I've just wasted more than a few hours breeding one of my front running hurdlers with my flat stayers, I put this horse in my trails and he went very well ( not great) and I wanted to put more pace in my stayers ( all hold up horses) and I bred all my stayers with him but it didn't work but I tried it and can move on knowing that it was a waste but I learned something from it.

I Know people think it's all about the cruising+extra speed bars but have a look at my stayer from last game Allegretto, she didn't have outstanding bars but she was very special. After last season I went back and bred El Highbrow ( unraced) to Bowstring and all my other top stayers and he didn't produce anything she truly was a freak but luckily she's been outstanding in the breeding barn. Looking at Paul's horses they have better bars( very impressive) than mine and he could/will be the top trainer next season if it's all about the bars.

Last edited by ghostzapper74 on Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:06 pm
Group 1 winner

Like I said I respect those who have achieved this level of training excellence, and I am probably a bit jealous my stables are so far away from that. This is what I mean when I say I dip my hat.

And yes the game itself offers zero challenge anymore, like most i expect, I win just about every G1 on my schedule year in year out and over both codes, so the league is all I play the game for. It merely takes the shine off as I doubt I shall ever be able to compete on those levels, especially on the flat game where it seems to be only the stats that matter.

So unless I just get lucky in breeding and based on the fact people talk of guaranteed results in breeding leads me to conclude there is no or only a very slim possibility of something unexpected appearing one year, and given I beat all the game horses I cannot see where my break through will come from, without years and years of cross breeding desirable stats for a horse that has them all.

The NH side of the league remains a great leveller, especially with the G3 handicaps, you'd chuckle if you saw coconut shy's stats, arguably my best horse this year with a G2 win, 50% cruising burst and about 70% on speed. The super league trainers would likely have retired her at 2yo's.

Josh

Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:22 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Like I said I respect those who have achieved this level of training excellence, and I am probably a bit jealous my stables are so far away from that. This is what I mean when I say I dip my hat.

And yes the game itself offers zero challenge anymore, like most i expect, I win just about every G1 on my schedule year in year out and over both codes, so the league is all I play the game for. It merely takes the shine off as I doubt I shall ever be able to compete on those levels, especially on the flat game where it seems to be only the stats that matter.

So unless I just get lucky in breeding and based on the fact people talk of guaranteed results in breeding leads me to conclude there is no or only a very slim possibility of something unexpected appearing one year, and given I beat all the game horses I cannot see where my break through will come from, without years and years of cross breeding desirable stats for a horse that has them all.

The NH side of the league remains a great leveller, especially with the G3 handicaps, you'd chuckle if you saw coconut shy's stats, arguably my best horse this year with a G2 win, 50% cruising burst and about 70% on speed. The super league trainers would likely have retired her at 2yo's.

Josh

Josh if it was only about the bars then this horse should be outstanding..

This horse I bred in march 2015, and I've gone back to bred with her again. She has never produced any good horses at all. And last season I won a group3 race with a horse that was half gamebred/ mine, and ok he still is the best computer horse I've ever seen and my grey jump horses are distant relatives of his because he was grey.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:41 pm
Group 1 winner

Josh u must keep looking at Gamebreds because one might come along like this Horse. The best gamebred I've ever seen on any game.

When he entered the breeding barn in March2015 I threw every horse I had at him and he never produced a full potential bar at 3 years of age or any of his off spring so I stopped breeding with him. A few weeks before the last league season I decided I wanted one of his offspring in my league team and only bred 15 horses and I put his best horse Laila Alaiwa in my team as a 4yo and her form read like this 2232311 and she won a group 3 race and was competitive in group 1 races.

After the league season started I put those 15 horses in a jumps game and they were very good and his one filly called Inneundo was very good in the breeding barn and I bred her with my jump horses and these were the horses from the Gamebred Salt Lake lines.

New Halen 111111 unbeaten 2Gp-1 170
Yorkshire Gale 1f51 1Gp1 150
The Grey Monk 2123 144
Long Engagment 1011 155

And another one of his sons Called Moon Madness would have been in a good few of my jumpers from last season, all from a super gamebred. His best kids were all Chasers.

This year his grand kids are.

Loving Around 2111 3-G2 155
Bramblehill Rose 31 1-G1 141
Uncle Ernie 4341 128
Beresford Girl 3501 1-G1 140
Moment Of Truth 11F 135
Rachaels Dawn 21 140

There Could be more because I don't know all my horses but going through my horses I'm Now Shocked. Not just the best gamebred horse on track but a outstanding Sire, the Saddlers Wells of SO.

I didn't have time to bred with him this year but I will put in one of his of springs next flat season to see how he gets on. And who said the game is now boring.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:15 pm
Group 1 winner

The flat, least as it is for the league seems to be largely about stats to me, though I still recall something scatters said ages ago about a hidden stat that effects performance in trails and thus league form, so I trail a lot of decidedly average looking horses often with surprising results. And my learning from my rookie season last year showed me an average game horse can be a great trail performer, as though I hardly trailed then my two wins came from horses that had achieved next to nothing in there game careers. It was also at that point I switched to jumps as my focus.

I also think jumpers need other stats that are never really spoken of here, and as the jumps seems to be where I can compete everything I breed is trained to jump pretty much from 1yo. And there are learnings for me from this league also, few things I did not trail for, will apply that next time around and we'll see.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:33 pm
Group 1 winner

And I do look at game horses, many of my break throughs to date are via a game horse, least anything that beats mine in G1, I follow them, buy them if I can or max breed with them should they arrive in the barn for one season after they retire. Not seen anything like that for years and I would say all those wins come from races I'd have a horse in.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:54 pm
Handicapper

how can i breed speed into his offspring and still keep pot and BQ high?

i find a high pot horse but it doesn't seem to pass it on so i'll never have high speed and pot in same horse :?:

Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:12 pm
Group 1 winner

you need to cover gamebred sprinter mares with him in a hope they have a high speed bar
i have noticed the battling qualities rarely sticks infact after a few gens it disappears

Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:29 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

I think when SO7 comes around, Mark really needs to change how breeding works. Right now it is very predictable how to breed monster horses. More randomness is needed to make the game more challenging. Just randomize the numbers more.

Currently if you breed a horse with 9.9 speed and 8.0 Cruising burst with another horse with 9.9 and 8.0 Cruising Burst, the foal will have the exact stats. It can never be worse. Which isn't like real life.

Another solution would be like Ghostzapper said it to hide the bars. I hope Mark doesn't go do this but I understand why it should be done. If the game is trying to be like Football manager then you need to see the stats or bars. So I hope the bars stay but I understand if it's taken away.

Cruising Burst just allows a horse to run at top speed for a longer and longer period. If the pace is slow in a race then horses can run more evenly. But if there is a pacemaker or a frontrunner then horses with high Cruising Burst will dominate.

That's why I always hope for a good pace because my horses need a good pace to run their best.

They dont like to lead. If the pace is slow then their high Cruising Burst stat doesn't matter as much.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:50 pm
Handicapper

Jesterlaugh wrote:

i find a high pot horse but it doesn't seem to pass it on so i'll never have high speed and pot in same horse :?:

Battling Quality stats works like the other stats.

If you breed a horses with 9.0 BQ like Lottery Ticket with another horse with BQ of 1.0 then the foal will be a random number between

1.0 - 9.0.

The foal will have a random number between those 2 numbers.

You can test this out by breeding it with another horse with high Battling Quality. Lets say you have another horse with BQ of aroun 7.0.

Then if you breed those 2, you would get a foal that has

7.0 - 9.0.

So you need a breed it with a sprinter mare with high Battling Quality hoping that you get lucky and you get retain the high BQ thru random chance.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:00 pm
Group 1 winner

Jesterlaugh wrote:

I'd say breed him with every sprinter u have but they must be young horses when doing it and they will lose some on both of them but u go back to him to get it back up. Sometimes u got to go back to go forward.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:27 pm
Group 1 winner

Had a play with battling Qualities and they do NOT go up from 2 to 3 3 to 4 4 to 5 etc the stat
you see at 2 is it it never goes up will post some results soon

Im trying to add BQ to my lines but seems detrimental to the other bars speed CB etc

Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:50 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Here is where i have got to as you can see very high BQ
but Speed is low and CB is a little lower

Updated PB Statbars

Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:27 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Hey Sirius!
It isn't as hard as you think, I played a normal flat game around 15-16 seasons, horses had typical low BQ lower CB and low distance. Exported some mares and stallions to a new NH to get some horses for the online league ready.
Now comes the part where you need some luck, I was able to buy a stallion from the new year auction or the thursday auctions with high BQ and one season later one with high CB. I needed 3 weeks to get both stats into nearly all my horses now. MY 5 new exported NH horses are the beginning of this line. But while so many horses have nice statistics still only few perform on top level.
Did export one stallion and five mares of this crop to a new flat game and the 2nd generation of these horses did perfrom really well (5 horses of this gen exported to the league), will now play this flat game to get a broader pool of flat horses.
Will try to post a screenshot later. It's some work but it is possible.

Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:26 am
Group 1 winner

Update finally managed to master the extra speed bar without loosing any of the other bars

Here is freak of nature who looks nice just need to find a colt with the same stats
they could trial poorly though but looking forward to trailing them

Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next