View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 29  Next
 Breeding diary 
Handicapper

Post Re: Breeding diary
Wannabe wrote:
Adammilesbgreen wrote:
Have you found that you have started to get better horses since the recent patches and restarted a new game or is it just lots of seasons is starting to pay off

There is definately a slight improvement. I have bred 7 seasons with the latest patch and have found that the absolute potential (light green bar) is definately more consistant. Maybe about 10% of the time the horses are breeding true and about 15 % of the time it is only a few percentent less.

The realised potential (dark green bar) is still only catching up with the absolute potential about 2% of the time.

Hi - quick question have you found with the patches the improvement in saved games or do I need to restart one? Cheers

Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:54 pm
Group 2 winner

dit74 wrote:
Wannabe wrote:
Adammilesbgreen wrote:
Have you found that you have started to get better horses since the recent patches and restarted a new game or is it just lots of seasons is starting to pay off

There is definately a slight improvement. I have bred 7 seasons with the latest patch and have found that the absolute potential (light green bar) is definately more consistant. Maybe about 10% of the time the horses are breeding true and about 15 % of the time it is only a few percentent less.

The realised potential (dark green bar) is still only catching up with the absolute potential about 2% of the time.

Hi - quick question have you found with the patches the improvement in saved games or do I need to restart one? Cheers

I am using the same saved game, it is about 35 seasons old.

I found that the patches seemed to take effect when I started a new season.

Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:35 pm
Handicapper

Thx Jim so do you recommend I restart or continue withthe save game, I am about 5 seasons in so if i need to restart to get positive changes then i will do

Thanks for the hel

Darren

Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:49 pm
Group 1 winner

I just got back in today from my hols and I just started playing a new game tonight and it seems the game has been massively improved since a week or so ago, it gives u a chance now.

Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:07 pm
Group 2 winner

dit74 wrote:
Thx Jim so do you recommend I restart or continue withthe save game, I am about 5 seasons in so if i need to restart to get positive changes then i will do

Thanks for the hel

Darren

You would probably be alright continuing with the same game, like I said I am using the same game, but if you decide to start a new game, export all your best horses from the old game. I think you can now import 16 horses at a time now.

Since your game is only 5 seasons old, you wouldn't lose much by starting a new save with horses imported from the old save.

Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:56 pm
Group 1 winner

Really getting there now getting some lovely stock

Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:50 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Hi Paul

Are you playing a long term game?

Are you still going to auctions to find the breeding stock?

I am visiting every daily\weekly auction but have never seen anything with the bars you have. The best results I have achieved is breeding with the gamebred stallions in the breeding barn. I have loads of 100% potential horses but they don't mature till 5yo.

I am currently playing a saved game that is 35 seasons on and have auctioned off at least 15 x 100% G1 winning horses hoping the AI will produce something better. Nothing has turned up so far.

Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:26 pm
Group 1 winner

just constantly breeding like a maniac Jim 100s of mares to game sires the pitty here is both are mares
so what ever i breed them with the bars will most likely go down if i can find a sire with
similar bars i may have hit the jackpot but with the new breeding even if that happens does not mean
the offspring will be as good

Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:52 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

For context how many seasons Paul?

Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:29 pm
Group 1 winner

I've only played 10 seasons :D , im enjoying playing a normal game and not trying to keep up with everyone else . U got to spoil u game to keep up, I want to get a couple of years out of this game .Good luck everyone trying to keep up with Paul :D :D

Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:01 am
Group 1 winner

Still playing so6 so I’m not keeping up with anyone. Nice to see breeding seems to have become less ridiculous.

Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:23 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Still playing so6 so I’m not keeping up with anyone. Nice to see breeding seems to have become less ridiculous.

Luckily for me I did a bit of breeding before SO7 came along and I just have to run my trials :D :D

Has anyone played the jumps yet because I've just played it again tonight and the game is still unplayable :oops: :oops: If its stays like that then i'll never play it , it is 100% god awful. :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:37 am
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
Githyanki wrote:

Luckily for me I did a bit of breeding before SO7 came along and I just have to run my trials :D :D

Has anyone played the jumps yet because I've just played it again tonight and the game is still unplayable :oops: :oops: If its stays like that then i'll never play it , it is 100% god awful. :lol: :lol:

What exactly makes the jumps game unplayable in your opinion Ghostzapper? (Just interested to hear your views really)

Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:00 pm
Group 1 winner

The closest thing to perfection i will ever get in this game perfect speed full bar 3YO and the
highest CB I have seen in the game only downer its another FLIPPIN filly :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:27 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:30 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 29  Next