View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Do you race your own horse? 
Selling plater

Post Do you race your own horse?
Simple and would love to have your views on this and how you found it and maybe some tricky and hints.

So do you race your own horse, always or maybe you don t or maybe in easier races?

Thanks
Etienne

Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:58 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: Do you race your own horse?
I ride when I think I can win. It is very rewarding to ride a winner rather than watching.

Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:39 pm
Selling plater

Indeed it is but I have some prob with the controls and radar on the left...

Ever tried an only riding game? Would be v realistic I believe

Etienne

Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:15 am
Site Admin

The Jockey mode instructions were out of date and slightly wrong! They have been updated: http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9372

Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:23 am
Selling plater

cheers mark!!!

Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:20 am
Group 3 winner

Riding your own horses doesn't show the horses potential. Every race feels the same. No horses are different. World Class horses finish the same as horses in a claimer. Horses don't seem to pick up over jumps as well as they do on the flat. Horses that are chucked in at the weights don't win when I ride but when I skip race or view it the horse wins by 20+ lengths. Horses dont travel as well as they should and every horse needs to be pushed pretty much the whole race to have any chance of winning. Front running is nearly impossible as you have no potential left turning for last half of race.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:18 am
Group 1 winner

I agree jimmy I never have in past games but tried it because of the 3D you are forever pushing and when you restrain your horse drops through the field in seconds and you can forget about winning.

Gray

Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:37 am
Profile YIM WWW
Selling plater

I believe the 3d race is a great thing to make this game one of the best now.

While it is much harder to play while yourself is driving I believe it is v v more difficult and it all has to do on the horse's way of running. It took me a lot of time to master it and I won a lot of races with frontrunners and even with a huge margin if the horse is a beast but not all races are made equal like in real world- A front runner who would do great and win almost all the time might find it difficult if it is in a race with a lot of other front runners and at the end of the race he might end too tired from all the front runners pushing and giving the back runners an easy race to come and win. I think it is a real thing too and even if difficult at times it provides reality.

Etienne

Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:15 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
I believe the 3d race is a great thing to make this game one of the best now.

While it is much harder to play while yourself is driving I believe it is v v more difficult and it all has to do on the horse's way of running. It took me a lot of time to master it and I won a lot of races with frontrunners and even with a huge margin if the horse is a beast but not all races are made equal like in real world- A front runner who would do great and win almost all the time might find it difficult if it is in a race with a lot of other front runners and at the end of the race he might end too tired from all the front runners pushing and giving the back runners an easy race to come and win. I think it is a real thing too and even if difficult at times it provides reality.

There have been a few improvements to the jockey mode in patch 0.951. The mode was too difficult for most and involved a lot of experimentation to work out how to adjust the reins. Fine rein adjustment is now done by a single tap on the up or down button/key. A few minor fixes also. The jockey instruction doc has been updated and moved to here: http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9372.

PS. If you use a joystick you must re-define the actions after patch 0.951. Press 'C' on the main game menu.

Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:10 pm
Selling plater

I only ever use the jockey mode and never just watch the races, it is far more satisfying, however I must say that SO5 felt so much better than SO6 in this mode, the controls and the way your jockey reacted without having to push and push to get your horse to speed up was so much better, on SO5 you could cruise around for the first half of the race then increase your speed with a tiny push and if you were on a good horse go up through the filed on the bridle, however on SO6 you have to keep pushing and pushing until you get to the front, if there was some way to move back to SO5 controls but with the SO6 graphics I would be well happy, I mean who does not want to win on the bridle like Geraghty on Sign of a victory last Saturday.

Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]