View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 3:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Maiden has given crazy high ratings 
Selling plater

Post Maiden has given crazy high ratings
Hi. I raced one of my very average 2yo fillys in a 6 furlong maiden at Salisbury, the top 4 horses have been given ratings of 125-132.....I am just wondering if this is a bug or something to do with the winning distances, just seems strange.

Race

Horse

Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:28 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Maiden has given crazy high ratings
Looks like a flaw with the race. Did you hit alt to pause the race or minimise your game while the race was running?

A 128 rating for a horse who ran 6 furlongs in 4 minutes and 18 seconds is quite strange to say the least. Is your handicapper smoking crack by any chance? :lol:

Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:44 am
Selling plater

Haha yeah I've asked him where he gets it cos it must be good stuff....I did minimise it cos I only saw the finish.... I have replayed the race and the distances stated are totally wrong.

I have just ran it in a 7furlong maiden and it won @ a price off 1/7 but lost a point in rating lol.

Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:56 pm
Group 1 winner

Well from what I've experienced in the past is when you pause a race or minimize the game you get totally messed up times and results. The moral here is to watch a race out completely for a true result. I always watch every race I am involved in on fast forward (tab). All the record times will be uniform - usually about 2 seconds faster than race records that are run normally.

Looking at that result you posted further it becomes even more bizarre. The 5th place horse was 86 lengths off the winner. The rest either pulled up or stopped to eat grass in the infield. A +182.4 off the record! :lol: Either your race is wonky or your horses totally suck.

Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:08 pm
Selling plater

Ah right I will remember not to minimise then. Yeah I think the horses got given a bit of that crack!

It was a very average horse, probably win decent handicaps if its rating was normal but as it screwed up I have sold it anyway... 700k... was a test to see if I would get shed loads for a 2yo rated 126....

The strange part is when I was the replay of the race, its just a standard 6f race... prob 5 lengths from 1st to last.

Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]